UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Halo Minimates

Out of curiosity, are there going to be more Halo games in the future? I just haven't heard of anything regarding a new game in a while and was wondering if the main game franchise has ended or not. The Halo 'mates seem to be doing fairly well but a new game would probably keep interest in future waves pretty high.

No, unfortunately. Halo Reach (released in September) is Bungies last Halo title. However, add ons and map packs are never out of the question. And while it may be Bungie's last Halo game, another developer could possibly pick up the title. BUT that would probably a long long time IF it ever happens.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, are there going to be more Halo games in the future? I just haven't heard of anything regarding a new game in a while and was wondering if the main game franchise has ended or not. The Halo 'mates seem to be doing fairly well but a new game would probably keep interest in future waves pretty high.

No, unfortunately. Halo Reach (released in September) is Bungies last Halo title. However, add ons and map packs are never out of the question. And while it may be Bungie's last Halo game, another developer could possibly pick up the title. BUT that would probably a long long time IF it ever happens.

actually microsoft created a video game company called 343 industreis which is a pun from halo of course which is going to making all of the new halo games which is pretty sweet in my opion because it is run by some of bungie's old employees so its cool to know that there will be more halo games in the near future hopefully they will make a halo 4 like they promised fingers crossed ;)

oh and if you look on the back of the warthog packaging you can even see the 343 industreis logo so it looks like the will be getting all the merchandes from now on so check the back of your packaging and you shall see the new and glorouis halo company :Dlol

Edited by ironfist1234

I didn't see anything in the MAX or video game threads; were you able to find SKUs for the Sony mates and MAX wave 2?

I couldn't find threads for them but here are the other 3 ones that I found and haven't posted yet

Marvel xmen minimates: 647019

Sony Games minimates: 647006

Max Pirates Minimates: 646987

I didn't see anything else for MAX Heroes, just pirates.

I just got all of my Halo minimates and I must say I am very dissapointed in the weapons provided for the Elites. I don't remember an Elite ever weilding a spiker! Good grief! They could not provide a couple of plasma rifles and since this after reach, some repeaters? Maybe one could have branched to the needle rifle, focus rifle, or beam rifle as a designated marksmen? Maybe a concussion rifle? SOMETHING OTHER THAN SPIKERS BECAUSE ELITES DON'T USE THEM! ARGH!

I agree that lack of various extra weapons per pack is the biggest downfall of this series.

That said, I'm willing to overlook this due to the series just launching. Hopefully we'll see more 3-4 series in.

That would be good to see. Maybe a four-pack that happens to have a lot of weapons in the box would be pretty awesome for those of us bemoaning this.

And if it had been the appropriate weapons for elites, even if all of them had a plasma rifle, I would not be complaining. They have done a great job with Marvel being accurate when you compare to the source material(in most cases) but Spikers for Elites is a huge failure.

it is the biggest downfall to these the weapons real bland and not accurate in some cases im hoping we see a bigger assortment later on but sooner then later for sure the guns and weapons are a huge part of Halo for sure

This is just due to DST proceeding cautiously. The last video game line bit them. There are a ton of new molds for the armor and aliens and such. I think it's more important to get that right than have another weapon right now. I'm sure as the line progresses we'll see new stuff. They'll add new molds and continue to use the old ones.

Take Marvel for comparison. The early waves had very few accessories or unique molds. Compared to what we get now, it's virtually night and day. They'll let the line get some legs then we'll see all the different accessories show up.

I just got all of my Halo minimates and I must say I am very dissapointed in the weapons provided for the Elites. I don't remember an Elite ever weilding a spiker! Good grief! They could not provide a couple of plasma rifles and since this after reach, some repeaters? Maybe one could have branched to the needle rifle, focus rifle, or beam rifle as a designated marksmen? Maybe a concussion rifle? SOMETHING OTHER THAN SPIKERS BECAUSE ELITES DON'T USE THEM! ARGH!

yeah i wish they would have had some other weapons but these are halo 3 elites so there would be no halo reach weapons like the repeaters or any other reach weapons they should have given them plasma rifles or plasma pistols but what ever i guess

ps. i agree with youbastards they shoul bring out some new weapons in the next few series of them

WoW i was actually looking forward to those ,maybe they will come out a different way i wasnt looking forward to yet another master chief but thut is bummer news

Prophets cancelled? Wait what?

And I get the stuff about production costs... But since brutes and elites both use Plasma Rifles that would have been cheaper and since ALL Covenant species except for Hunters and Engineers use Plasma Pistols that would have been cheaper still.

Instead they decided to produce weapons that don't go with the character. I am not pleased with that decision.