UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates 4

Lets just have plenty of time to work on this project, I dunno about everyone else but I've had some things come up recently and I'm going to be traveling back and forth from here to back home a bit more often than normal so I might need just a bit more time once this gets going.

Ditto (other than the split between locations part).

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest we all do a bio or datafile for our creations. What do you guys think of something like this:

Model name, number or acronym:

Manufacturing number:

Height:

Weight:

Primary function:

Secondary function:

Offensive /Defensive capabilities (if applicable):

History:

If anybody can think of better phrasing or something else to add, please feel free to comment. What do you think?

I've had a go at these for a couple of years & find it very rewarding but .......the more time you get to do this the more time you have to procrastinate. God Bless the likes ofLuke, Fujiis & TBT...amongst others....organising these things only to find that someone (same ol' faces) says .....at the eleventh hour .... "Gee things really caught up with me & I really would have liked to have done this but........................." This is a FUN thing but FFSake get your fingers out & get the buggers done :yes:

Oh yeah..... I'm in .

I've had a go at these for a couple of years & find it very rewarding but .......the more time you get to do this the more time you have to procrastinate. God Bless the likes ofLuke, Fujiis & TBT...amongst others....organising these things only to find that someone (same ol' faces) says .....at the eleventh hour .... "Gee things really caught up with me & I really would have liked to have done this but........................." This is a FUN thing but FFSake get your fingers out & get the buggers done :yes:

Oh yeah..... I'm in .

I agree with BHM. I think that a deadline should be established and honored by all who decide to participate. No ifs, ands or buts.

Alright guys, here is the first official roster, based on who has responded to the robot idea:

Charitymates 4: A Convoy of Robots (Auctions starting June 1, 2010)

Custom Robot Minimates limited only by your imagination will gather to support Convoy of Hope!

Current Participants

*MINI MYTE

*groundhog7s

*murderofcrows

*Mattallica

*jcastick

*brobotc

*Nervous

*boyd

*the punisher=D

*Bob Harris

*Scourge

*TM2 Dinobot

*buttheadsmate

*luke314pi

*minimadman

*drgnrbrn316

*Fujis

*skull buster

*eclipse

*Kamsm8

*koi-girl

*Aapje

*youbastards

I will update this list as people respond. I set a date for the auctions to begin on June 1st, so I should really receive them at least a week beforehand. This gives us a little bit less time than the last Charitymates event, but you still have around two months before you will need to send these. Is that enough time for those of you with a lot going on?

I will put together a logo for this event in the next few days, and then we can send it out to toy news sites.

Each robot will need to be your own creation, or else a public domain character.

MINI MYTE: I love the datafile idea! We can work this into the trading cards that usually accompany this project. :)

sounds great Luke,

If I may add Luke is going to be doing alot of work to organize and deal with all this auctions etc..

lets make his job as easy as it can be and get our robots into him on time and with as little fuss as possible, everyone please bear in mind that you should be able to cover the postage to ship you creation to luke as part of your donation. there is no reason for Luke or anyone else to have to foot the bill, not trying to be bossy or sound like a jerk but there always seems to be one or two that, either wait until the deadline before starting their mate, or can't spring for the shipping, its not a big deal if you cant afford it, but be sure of your obligation before you agree to it.

anyway.

lets all get to work :)

June is more than enough time. Since this is my first time I guess I didn't realize there was that much time given. I'm definitely in. Do we have to announce what we're planning on making? I know it's probably different than the last few years and there wouldn't be a lot of chances for duplicates.

Do we have to announce what we're planning on making? I know it's probably different than the last few years and there wouldn't be a lot of chances for duplicates.

I don't think we need to, for the exact reason you said. However, if someone wants to throw out a claim on something, like punisher's robotic Abraham Lincoln, feel free to do so. :)

Not that I think anyone else would think like me, but I'll announce I'm claiming Robo-butler. Seriously.

edit: And I just realized how ridiculous that seems when I see it typed up and not just in my head.

I was thinking just like you :ohmy: but I was going to do a proper 'old fashioned' Confederate type of butler from the 1860's era .

I was going to call him 'Rhett ro Butler' but "I personally don't give a damn" you can do it now <_<

without a doubt Im in, I have to be involved with these from here on out,

this is going to be a killer line up of robots!!