UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Toy Fair 2010 thread

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only problem with Mass Effect is that I'm reasonably sure that DC holds at least part of that license. That's not to say that figures would be out of the question, just that there might be a complication depending on the scope of DC's hold.

So we force DCD to make Mass Effect Minimates. After all, they can't hold some sort of no-Minimates argument, right?? I mean, it's not like they made DC Minimates. Oh...wait... :angry:

I still say God of War would be awesome. Gives us our (reinterpreted) Mythological Minimates, and the designs are fantastic. Plus there's the AMAZING accesories and actual badass Variants!!! :lol:

Hmm...suddenly i'm thinking Darksiders... :blink:

for new movie licences I want:

PSYCHO{from the 1960,not the remake!NO VINCE VAUGHN MINIMATES!}

STAR WARS{NOT CLONE WARS!}

for games:

HALO{im not a 360 fan but I like the armor of ODST}

EA SKATE or Tony Hawk

Things I want to see that they will probbaly have:

Minimate Vechieles

New BTTF 25 yrs aniversey box set{don't believe that it might happen?Well DSTChuck said:

Another BTTF1 set for the anniversary is very POSSIBLE...the link to thread:http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=7097&st=20&start=20

Edited by darkredshdow

P.S.-Anyone think the video game one will be Ghostbusters? They still have plenty of ghosts to do from there.

nah,they said they didnt wanna over do the GB franchise by having too many minimates,or something like that

i say spawn.they made spawn kubricks
Todd McFarlane wouldn't let his baby out of his arms if he was trapped and dying in a burning building while being torn to shreds by rottweilers and his disgusting Twisted Land of Oz figures. <_< Stupid McFarlane...

you just made it into my signature!

Edited by brobotc

I doubt it's Halo. Especially with the MegaBlocks stuff out there. Gears of War, Grand Theft Auto, Assassins Creed, even Call of Duty MW2 would be more likely.

Megablocks was doing Marvel stuff when DST was, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of HALO.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

PSYCHO would make good mini's,but there not visually attractive,just like the silence of the lambs set.

I BEG to disagree, and i bet so would Luke:

http://www.toymania.com/customcorner/cc22/psycho.shtml

nzn0r8.jpg

;) ;) ;)

Damn, we are ALL posting overkill today. And DST hasn't even shown anything yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

PSYCHO would make good mini's,but there not visually attractive,just like the silence of the lambs set.

well too make them attractive i would:

*make them black and white{like luke did}

*make them in 1 packs

*make them have a furniture{eg...marion crane with bath tub}

*make playsets of bates house and bates motel{which would come with a car with the truck having marion crane's hand falling out on the trunk

Edited by darkredshdow

Really, at this point don't we owe the DCD guys a swift kick to a relevant body part just on principle at this point? Or maybe just a pummeling with some blamoids? Not suggesting, just askin'.

Really, at this point don't we owe the DCD guys a swift kick to a relevant body part just on principle at this point? Or maybe just a pummeling with some blamoids? Not suggesting, just askin'.

After seeing what the DCUC has produced it makes me weep for the lack of DC Minimates and for the record. Blamoids sounds like a doofus who wants to steal my pizza.

on with some Toyfair Pics!!!

moc847

I doubt it's Halo. Especially with the MegaBlocks stuff out there. Gears of War, Grand Theft Auto, Assassins Creed, even Call of Duty MW2 would be more likely.

Megablocks was doing Marvel stuff when DST was, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of HALO.

Comparison of Marvel as a property to Halo as a property is apples and oranges. I dare to say that Spider-Man is much more marketable than Master Chief.

P.S.-Anyone think the video game one will be Ghostbusters? They still have plenty of ghosts to do from there.

nah,they said they didnt wanna over do the GH franchise by having too many minimates,or something like that

As far as I'm concerned, you can never overdo the GH franchise.

Or the GB one either.

As to Halo, there's already Halo MegaBloks, so I doubt they'd make similar minifigures like Minimates. At least I hope that's true 'cause I don't like Halo.

And here's what Chuck said about video games:

DSTChuck: We're close to a new video game deal right now, hopefully we'll have something for TF.

And here's something else he said:

DSTChuck: There are several new ideas and lines planned to happen for Minimates in 2010 including new directions and even surprising categories. Much will be revealed at Toy Fair.

I'm curious where did the "must be a videogame license" rumor start?

T.

it started with a Q and A with DST,they said they were acquiring a video game license and it would be revealed in time for toyfair

nah,they said they didnt wanna over do the GH franchise by having too many minimates,or something like that

As far as I'm concerned, you can never overdo the GH franchise.

Or the GB one either.

As to Halo, there's already Halo MegaBloks, so I doubt they'd make similar minifigures like Minimates. At least I hope that's true 'cause I don't like Halo.

oh,durp!i knew i should have just spelled out ghostbusters instead of using the initials!

I JUST HAD AN GREAT IDEA/NERDGASM.im painting right now,and when i like to paint i like to listen to music.so i put on rolling stones paint it black.it got me thinking "this song came out in a video game,but which one?".so im thinking and i figure out, TWISTED METAL BLACK.and then that gome me thinking.minimate vehicles.video game license.and then i had a nerdgasm.

TWISTED METAL BLACK MINIMATES!!

i mean all the things to make them are in front of DST'S eyes!minimate vehicles,and the new video game license,and not only that but they are developing a new TWISTED METAL game for the ps3.could this be true?i mean everybody,just think about it.and all these thoughts just happened 3 minutes ago.

anyone agree?

Edited by brobotc