UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 6 hint!

minijeff

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an idea I haven't seen anyone bring up: who says Storm has to come with an X-Man or Secret Wars character? Angel/Warpath have so little to tie them together (at least in the costumes they're in) and can anybody explain to me the connection between Silver Surfer and Swordsman? Were they just close in the alphapbetical list?

That's why I think Mohawk Storm will come with Stiltman. And I'll be happy with that.

Edited by groundhog7s

Oh yes, imminently logical. ;)

I think I'll continue that line of logical thinking with Black Knight and Whirlwind.

KLAW

Yeah I know.

That's my first, second, and third choice.

But hey we were being "logical". And of the "logical choices" I like the idea of MODOK and Whirlwind best.

and a Wrecking Crew boxed set.

Speaking of Secret Wars. Kind of off topic, but has always intrigued me:

What's the reason for Spider-Woman's "Venom" costume? Did that precede Spider-Man's black costume? Or did she witness Spider-Man's costume during the Wars and copy the design?

Never could quite figure that out...

What's the reason for Spider-Woman's "Venom" costume? Did that precede Spider-Man's black costume? Or did she witness Spider-Man's costume during the Wars and copy the design?

I can't explain why the costume is black, but there are two different Spider-Women.

The one in the iconic red costume is Jessica Drew, while the Secret Wars one in the black costume is Julia Carpenter.

That's all I can tell you. let's wait until one of our more veritable fountains of information drop by this thread for their full explanation. ;)

I'm going with KLAW. Two reasons:

1- They have done 2 packs with iconic characters from the Secret Wars and Klaw was one of the pairings.

2- Klaw is BP number one enemy (maybe Man-Ape)

So with that logic I came up with Klaw.

They have also kind of made Klaw's hand weapon with DC's Cyborg.

Okay We'll start with the in story 616 reasoning... The second Spider-Woman just happened to be visiting her daughter in the suburb of Denver that was snatched by the Beyonder when he constructed his "battle planet" for the first Secret Wars. She was given her costume by the Val Cooper and Comission and allegedly it was designed to make Julia look different from the previous retired Spider-Woman. Spider-Woman then follows the sounds of battle and meets up with the heroes on the battle planet. So when Peter first allows the Venom symbiote to transform itself into a new costume for him, Peter was subconsciously influenced by Julia's costume design in form that his "costume" took.

Contrary to most modern alternate explinations, Peter freed Venom from it's imprisonment in a device in an alien fortress Doom had discovered on the battle planet and used as his base. The heroes took over Doom's base after routing all the villians in a battle. Most of the heroes were looking pretty ragged, and Reed Richards had discovered a textile making machine in one of the labs that Reed helped several people fix up their costumes. Spidey's luck was in full effect, and he arrived at the lab in question as everyone Reed had showed how use tha machine was leaving. Trying to find the comstume making machine, Peter instead found the machine the Venom symbiote was imprisoned in. But, since the symbiote formed a costume for him, Spider-Man did not suspect he'd found anything but some cool alien cloth, despite the fact that Peter's was the only person whoes new clothes did anything special. The rest was history... (No space shuttles, meteors or cancer treatments)

The meta-reason behind Julia's black and white design was Jim Shooter and company wanted to introduce several new characters over the course of Secret Wars, including a new Spider-Woman. Peter's black costume was already designed by then, and Julia's was dsigned to match. Peter's alien suit was not primarily designed to be an evil entity. They were really hoping the black suit would catch on with the fans, and that Peter would still be wearing it today. The idea the alien suit might be harmful was a built in backup plan if the suit proved unpopular... which it did. And thus we have Venom... and Carnage, and Scream, and Hybrid, and Toxin, and...

And I'd go with Klaw because he was central the plot of Secret Wars, he's a long standing villain who has fought literally everybody at least once but especially T'Challa, the FF, and the Avengers, AND I think his design would translate super well into minimate form.

while I am certain it iS Klaw...it grinds my gears that it is him over Kang!

Yea I know I helped beat Kang into the ground..but Klaw?

When you think of a character named Klaw...shouldnt he have...oh I dont know a Freaking KLAW?

He has a satelite dish for a hand? what is he going to do beam quality HD programming into my living room?

I know I know his last name is Klaw...good thing it wasnt Jones, or Lebowitz...Look Out here Comes Lebowitz!!

I am going to go crawl into a huge beer.

moc847

Another vote for Klaw here.

It'd give us a much needed & classic villain. And the production cost would be pretty low, cause asside from his dish-hand-thing. . . he's just a standard minimate with a paint job. not too many extra parts needed.

• 3 weeks later...
Another vote for Klaw here.

It'd give us a much needed & classic villain. And the production cost would be pretty low, cause asside from his dish-hand-thing. . . he's just a standard minimate with a paint job. not too many extra parts needed.

Another villain would be cool. If it has to be Secret Wars related, I'd rather have Enchantress, Titania or Lizard over Klaw though.

My biggest hope is that they add just a little more detail to Storm. I'm torn over the vest piece/no vest piece debate... but I definitely think they should use the belt from Ultimate Wolverine with her.

• 2 weeks later...

So does anyone think they'll reveal these before next month's Toy Fair?

I know I was just advocating patience on another thread, but it seems to me we're due for a TRU Marvel reveal soon, and with TF looming, I wonder if they're planing to save it for the show (which really aint what it used to be reveal wise).

My hope goes to Lizard. Lizard, Lizard, Lizard.

He's the last major Spidey bad guy who is unannounced and who I want.

As for someone to pair him with, I'd have to vote Harry Osborn. Or a new and WAY improved BD Spidey. Like, Torment damage.

As for someone to pair him with, I'd have to vote Harry Osborn. Or a new and WAY improved BD Spidey. Like, Torment damage.

Isn't that what "Battle-ravaged" Spider-man is giving us?? He's fairly...kicked the crap out of...:blink:

I love the idea of Harry Osborn. Any version of him will do, too; Regular, druggy, American Son. I don't care which, i just want a Harry.

Isn't that what "Battle-ravaged" Spider-man is giving us?? He's fairly...kicked the crap out of...:blink:

I forgot about him! The only things I remember from that boxset are Vulchy, Ock, and BC. I forgot what the Spidey was. Fail on me.

Yeah, no American Son Harry. How'sabout a Maskless Harry Goblin with a Glider?

As much as I really want a Lizard, considering the trouble folks have had finding TRU exclusives can you imagine the wail that would go up on this board if the Lizard was a one per case? If you're having trouble seeing it, just go check out Dio's earlier post on the TRU sucks thread, then magnify that exponentially.

Although you two are working too hard. Dr. Conners is a Secret Wars participant, just pair him with Mohawk Storm. (assuming they don't listen to me and pair her with Klaw.)

Edited by Mirymate