UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me stress that I'm not on their case ....no witch-hunt. I tend to order from them .....like today with the c2e2 stuff....& just see what happens.For example..... I pre-ordered some S3 2packs monttttttttttttths ago & they're still on pre-order last time I looked. My despatch is merely missing the case of Secret Invasion....no big loss in the scale of things ....but it's the principle ! I assumed these were 'safe' so I've held off ordering from elsewhere .....more fool me.

The biggest problem I have now is the pessimistic expectation I have about just about anybody I order from.

Perhaps it's me.

I've never had a drama with BBTS either BHM, did they say what went wrong?

Quite simply that they didn't have the item ....they did however stress that I'd get a refund +$10 :ermm:

I'm no 'special' case but I'm not talking about a few Minimates & a couple of kubricks ....this order ....this pile ...was perhaps the biggest order ,in total,that I have ever made ..& I've made a few. Like I said ....place your orders ,cross your fingers & hope for the best because I am at the end of my tether.

Edited by buttheadsmate

I was going to PM Luke about this but figured other people might be interested in the response, so...

Luke, will you be getting the C2E2 2-pack in? Or is BBTS putting up pre-orders in the hopes that they can grab some from the convention itself to resell?

They were in today's Previews so I'm pretty sure he'll be able to get them. :thumbsup:

I was going to PM Luke about this but figured other people might be interested in the response, so...

Luke, will you be getting the C2E2 2-pack in? Or is BBTS putting up pre-orders in the hopes that they can grab some from the convention itself to resell?

They were in today's Previews so I'm pretty sure he'll be able to get them. :thumbsup:

Indeed, I will have my pre-order posted in the next few days. :D

Thanks for the response Luke, and God Magnus :)

I was in my local TRU the other day looking at the frankly ridiculous stuff that Mega Bloks have put out using the IM2 license (Iron Man needs a helicopter? Really??) and was just so depressed that Minimates in this country really never took off.

Sometimes it really sucks being a fan of such a niche product :(

Went out today searching at my local TRU. No Iron Man 2 Mates yet, though the last Thor/Lady Loki was gone, so now the spot for mates is empty.

Hopefully we won't get skipped over like we did the Angel/Warpath wave, but this TRU has been good since so...

In the meantime, I did find the Luke Cage wave of Marvel Universe. Not a collector of the line really, but the modern Thor was too awesome looking to pass up.

Also checked out my local Borders and nothing Iron Man 2 related at all yet there either. They had those awful Blammoids of DC Direct...*shudder*

.......frankly ridiculous stuff that Mega Bloks have put out using the IM2 license (Iron Man needs a helicopter? Really??) and was just so depressed that Minimates in this country really never took off.

Perhaps if they had had a helicopter ?

Y'know, Iron Man may not need that helicopter (or the Halo Scorpion or Warthog), but my AIM and Hydra soldiers just love the freedom of mobility these wonderful vehicles provide.

let not forget these ironman toys are for kids too.

btw... i'm selling my collection of marvel minimates like 98% complete from wave 1 to exclusives for $350 OBO.

pm me if interested. or call me @

Happy April FOOLS day! FOOL! :-P

for faster transaction

Thanks!

The biggest problem I have now is the pessimistic expectation I have about just about anybody I order from.

I'm sorry to hear that. I made the move from AFX to BBTS last year after not getting any of my preordered Wave26/Wave 27/Wave 28 from AFX even though they were in comic stores. When emailing them to express my concern, all I got from them were excuses. They made no attempt to make me a satisfied customer and retain my loyalty. After 2 months with no answers, I finally had it and told them that I would rather pay eBay prices than give them another cent, and I haven't looked back to them since.

So far, BBTS has been nothing but great to me. Granted, I haven't used the 'Pile of Loot' option, I just pay for individual shipping. They shipped my 2 Army Dump cases and 2 Friends & Foes together in one box for around $8.00.

Was the 'Pile of Loot' option what caused your problems? If so, is individual shipping a reasonable option for you?

damn wheni got to TRU i found out that they sold out of the iron man 2 mates like right at 3 o clock damn!, damn! DAMN! well he said that they were getting more in on thursday of next week and he said that they will be online soon so good news there here!!!

he said that they will be online soon so good news there here!!!

I've really assumed these would be on-line (like Wolverine: Origins), but it's nice to hear someone at TRU say it (for whatever that's worth). If they do show up there, I'll order them for anyone outside the US that needs them (cost + shipping).

Does anyone have access to the SKU's or other #'s off of the TRU Iron Man 2 packs?

Forgive me for quoting myself.. but I know this thread has gotten so long there are many that are not reading through the whole thing. :)

Anyone have any idea what the SKU # or identifying #s are for TRU and the IM2 packs? My local store said they would be happy to check the system to see when they are expected if I had the #. Thanks!

B)

(trying to stay calm.. but a bit too excited to see the Mark V in person) ha ha.. man.. this is like an addiction.

For whatever it's worth, my two cents...

I've used CornerStoreComics.com for about 10 waves of minimates now and I've had zero problems with them. (I know tha's not the case for some of you, so take my input as you will.)

I mainly started using them because they're so much cheaper. I always hated ordering from AFX because of their ridiculous shipping rates. Both CornerStore's regular prices and their shipping rates are lower than ShopAFX and BigBadToyStore, pretty much all the time.

I more or less always order on or close the week of release, for new waves of minimates. I don't preorder, but usually the website still says they're preorders, because they haven't updated yet. They still always ship within the week.

All and all CornerStoreComics has been wonderful for me. The only website I ever didn't recieve minimates I ordered from was ToyRocket.com, but that was mainly because they went bankrupt and don't exist now. AFX and BigBad, I've ordered from, and didn't have problems with, but as I said, neither can beat CornerStore's prices.

I hate to sound like I'm a sales rep for CornerStore, lol... I'm not... but like I said, they've been good for me. Just my two cents.

PS. And now for a complete left turn: Webhead, Civil War was like 4 years ago... don't you think it's time to change the left half or your signature banner? (I have no problem with the right half. :P lol)

For whatever it's worth, my two cents...

I've used CornerStoreComics.com for about 10 waves of minimates now and I've had zero problems with them. (I know tha's not the case for some of you, so take my input as you will.)

I mainly started using them because they're so much cheaper. I always hated ordering from AFX because of their ridiculous shipping rates. Both CornerStore's regular prices and their shipping rates are lower than ShopAFX and BigBadToyStore, pretty much all the time.

I more or less always order on or close the week of release, for new waves of minimates. I don't preorder, but usually the website still says they're preorders, because they haven't updated yet. They still always ship within the week.

All and all CornerStoreComics has been wonderful for me. The only website I ever didn't recieve minimates I ordered from was ToyRocket.com, but that was mainly because they went bankrupt and don't exist now. AFX and BigBad, I've ordered from, and didn't have problems with, but as I said, neither can beat CornerStore's prices.

I hate to sound like I'm a sales rep for CornerStore, lol... I'm not... but like I said, they've been good for me. Just my two cents.

My 2 cents.... One dollar off what BBTS charges is not "so much cheaper". And for me, saving ONE dollar isn't worth it when you factor in Cornerstore's ridiculous practices of charging people a 15% "Re-stocking fee" to cancel PRE-orders, where with BBTS you control your own ordering system and can make changes whenever you'd like to.

That, and Cornerstore was responsible for one of the biggest breaches of credit card numbers among collectors that the toy collecting community has ever seen.

Then there's the whole 'not filling pre-orders' thing. I'll never shop with CSC again unless I absolutely have to.

I've only pre-ordered one thing from CSC a few years ago, so I don't have much experience in that area, but I can say one thing--they have more, older Minimates in stock than any other retailer around.

i'm in the UK, if any beautiful US-based person would be able to pick me up a TRU Black Widow/Mk.II... I would love then unconditionally for all of time (as well as pay for it through paypal).