UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

Yeah, the AFX set not selling did not surprise, but the regular wave not selling did. It seems like there was a perception here that it did sell well, but it actually went on clearance at BBTS before selling out, and was available at AFX for ages. Maybe DST over-produced them, though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so... anyone go to their TRU of choice at opening and find these beasts? I wonder if the NYC one is getting stuff first just because of location.

I'll check a TRU in Salt Lake City in about an hour and see.. I think this location usually gets new stuff on Fridays so I will be surprised if they have them.. but the hunt is too fun! Gotta get the suitcase armor.. loving it!

I think when I go see the movie next month I will be purchasing a 3rd seat so Minimate Iron Man and War Machine can sit and enjoy the show.. kind of like Seinfeld with his Tweety Bird Pez dispensor. :) I need a good new action flick!

Had a better look at the pictures now I'm not at work. Great to see the changes on the Mark 1 and II "re-issues". Everything looks really good though, I just can't wait for these!

Also, amended the thread title as this thread now seems to be the go-to place for all IM2 Minimates discussion :)

No dice.. I checked a SLC area TRU and they are not receiving anything new until Friday and they could not confirm or deny the inclussion of Iron Man 2 minis in that shipment. I'll patiently wait.. :)

As far as marketing goes.. they have such a huge display of IM2 toys, they would do well to get the minimates out sooner rather than later.. I would like to see these do well.

"Proton Cannon!!"

-Vox

Hey,

I wonder if someone could clarify something for me...

I'm a little unclear on which Toys R Us Iron Man 2 mates are unique new mates, only at Toys R Us, and which ones are re-releases (Or series 35 pre-releases).

I open all my mates, so I generally only buy the Toys R Us sets with unique minimates in them, and sell/trade off any doubles. I skipped, for instance, The Punisher War Zone exclusive and the Lady Loki/Thor set, Since I had those mates already, and package variants mean nothing to me.

That said, since the toys r us wave seems to be a mix of unique figures, series 35 figures, and even some series 21 (Iron Man 1) figures, I'm finding it hard to keep track of which ones i need to buy, lol.

If I'm correct...

TRU Rhodey in Mark II/Black Widow is Exclusive = Must Buy.

TRU Senate Hearing Tony Stark/Mark I is Exclusive = Must Buy, and the Mark 1 is different from Series 21? I think?

TRU Mark V/War Machine should be in series 35, so I can skip it.

TRU Mark IV/Whiplash should be the same as Wave 35, correct? So I can skip these, and wait to pick them up in 35?

But Borders Mark IV/Whiplash are different and I should pick them up? Correct?

I think I have everything straight, but all these slight armor variants are confusing me.

In total, I need to buy...

Wave 35

TRU Widow/Mark II Rhodey

TRU Mark I/Stark

Borders Mark IV/Whiplash

6 Hammer Single Packs

& The C2E2 Exclusive 2-Pack & 4-Pack

That should be everything? Right? With no doubles?

Sounds about right, I think. The Borders exclusive Whiplash is battle-damaged, though I can't remember what's special about the Mark IV he's packaged with... maybe it's the variation with Tony's sunglasses-wearing head?

And thinking this over for a while, it's occurred to me that we're still missing a Minimate of that non-battle-damaged Mark VI (BD version is in the C2E2 "Battle Tactics" boxset)... perhaps he'll be the SDCC exclusive? God, I hope not.

I believe you are correct, yes. The Borders exclusive has a Battle Damaged Whiplash and a different face for Tony in the Mk IV Armour.

Don't forget the AFX 4-pack too, with Nick Fury, BD War Machine, BD Mk 6 Armour, and Racing Tony.

edit Oooh NR, just beat me to it :D

Wait, now I'm getting confused :blink:

My bad, I think there was some temporary confusion about the Battle Tactics being a C2E2 exclusive rather than an AFX one. The Stark Expo Tony/leopard skin dress Natasha is the only C2E2 exclusive IM2 Minimate product that I know off. :sweat:

Don't forget the AFX 4-pack too, with Nick Fury, BD War Machine, BD Mk 6 Armour, and Racing Tony.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the only Mark 6 Minimate in existance (at this moment in time)? Seems a little strange a key armour's first and only apperance is battle damaged.

Of course I wouldn't be surprised if it appears in a second TRU wave.

It's definitely an AFX set:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2010/03/more...ate-exculsives/

I believe the 2-pack is the only C2E2 product. I would speculate at a different pack being the exclusive for SDCC though.

the AFX 4 pack will be available at C2E2, that is its intended release, much like the civil war set was their exclusive at NYCC when it came out

Jeff of the Miniacs

I caught the minimates bug in the past month and will now pick up all the iron man 2 minimates. I also have to go back and pick up some of the iron man 1 mates.

I'm glad that they're releasing Mark II, so that I don't need to pay for the wave 21 variant, but the Fwoosh poster is right in that the Mark II doesn't look correct.

I'm finding this all very confusing, but the last few comments have helped to clarify what I need to get.

I also find it odd that a regular Mark VI hasn't been announced.

Not sure if this has already been said already but on marvelous news it says:

"Remy writes in to let us know that Toys R' Us stores will be launching a large feature area at the front of their stores focusing on Iron Man 2 and other Marvel related products starting on or around April 4. It is unknown if stores will be stocking anything newer than what can already be found on shelves, but it might be worth checking out non-the-less. If we learn any additional details about what product might be on hand, we will be sure to pass the information on to you. Thanks to Remy for the heads up."

I am guessing they might come out on april 4th?

Link to source:http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=12921

Wow. Mark I is now a must buy. I LOVE Tuxedo Tony underneath!!!!! That is so brilliant!!!!!!! :lol:

I don't really like the Fwoosh, especially after the Gleek debacle, but i thank them for pictures. Natasha looks fantastic. :)

I hate how he skipped the Whiplash though. I really want to see those whips, andv hope they end up like "yellow" vesions of the proton streams; all electric-y, with rando blue jagged lines, and TRANSLUCENT. ;)

Wave 35:

Mark IV / Whiplash

Mark V / War Machine

Pepper Potts / Hammer Drone

Variant Happy Hogan / Hammer Drone

TRU Wave:

Mark IV / Whiplash (Same as Wave 35)

Mark V / War Machine (Same as Wave 35)

Mark I with Tuxedo Tony Stark inside / Senate Hearing Tony Stark

Mark II with Jim Rhodes inside / Black Widow

Army Builder Dump:

Justin Hammer

Battle Damaged Hammer Drone

Tactical Assault Drone

Sea Assault Drone

Ground Assault Drone

Air Assault Drone

C2E2 Exclusive:

Stark Expo Tony Stark / Stark Expo Black Widow

Borders Exclusive:

Mark IV with Sunglasses Tony Stark inside / Battle Damaged Whiplash

AFX "Battle Tactics" Exclusive Boxset

Racetrack Tony Stark / Nick Fury / Battle Damaged War Machine / Battle Damaged Mark VI

And there will be, at some point, at least one more release with a non-Battle Damaged Mark VI included

Edited by blizzerd

Thankyou blizzerd. I know this will sound very pedantic but will the two TRU items will be the same (exactly) as the Wave 35 items ? I appreciate nobody will know until these hit the shelves but I believe it to be very important.....to me at least! So.....please let me know whenever. Thanks.

Yeah, they are.

Man, those drones REALLY suck. :/

Why so?

I got mine today and the entire set are fantastic, glad i have another case coming from lukes as well, they are movie accurate and are a break from the normal , they have more sculpted pieces and will be great for customisers like me.

Yeah, they are.

Man, those drones REALLY suck. :/

Why so?

I got mine today and the entire set are fantastic, glad i have another case coming from lukes as well, they are movie accurate and are a break from the normal , they have more sculpted pieces and will be great for customisers like me.

My guess would be the dull paint jobs on the drones? Metallic paint would have made them 'pop' more. Still, wouldn't mind some for my mates to fight.