UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 34 images...

battlecat

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I've been waiting for in Minimates FOREVER. We've gotten a 90s Psylocke, Gambit, Wolverine, Archangel, and Iceman. We're getting 90s Storm, and now they show 90s Cyclops and Beast. If they complete the Blue/Gold teams here I will be SO happy. Marvel Legends never completed them which bugged the heck out of me. And I doubt Marvel Universe will anytime soon.

Bring on Jubilee, Jean Grey, Forge, and even a better Colossus and Rogue. Oh, and a hoverchair Professor X. Then make wave 35 X-villains. Pyro, Avalanche, Mr. Sinister, Blob, Toad, and a Hellfire Guard

I kind of like that version of Beast. I think that the "evening gloves" do a good job of showing that he's not just a blue guy but that he's a hairy blue guy. I am not a huge fan of the 90's designs but I like both of these so far. I am going to guess Jean, Jubilee, Sinister, and a Hellfire goon as the army builder.

whats with all the hate for beast?he looks great!i love the facial expression,really jim lee era,but the only thin i dont like,and i gotta agree with luke here,is the hair,it needs to be shortened

EDIT:here i just modded the pic of beast to look like its hair is shortened,anyone like it now?

post-337-1257618361_thumb.jpg

Edited by brobotc

It's like they can't get Beast right, no matter how hard they try. This is fairly disappointing.

I agree on your first point, since there is no really good version of him so far. But I don't think he's totally disappointimg. There are improvements somehow. I like his facial expression on that version and I also think that the feet are a nice idea. It isn't perfect yet, but it's facing a good direction. The hands/gloves still look strange, but they look way better than every Hulk hands so far. I think I'd even say that this is the best improvement on him yet. The hair is way too big and the bulky chestpiece doesn't do him justice. Anyway, with all the parts we got so far, we could come up with a pretty good version of him. (If only the colors would match.) Maybe it's time for some cutomizers to show DST how we want him! :P

BUT: X-Wave! Yay!

____

Edit: I say we'll see a blue-yellow X-suit Deadpool as the variant! :deadpool:

Edited by Bob Harris

whats with all the hate for beast?he looks great!i love the facial expression,really jim lee era,but the only thin i dont like,and i gotta agree with luke here,is the hair,it needs to be shortened

EDIT:here i just modded the pic of beast to look like its hair is shortened,anyone like it now?

Shorten the hair like you did, and short the torso piece so it's not the same kind as used on Ultimate Hulk, and I think we'd have a very good minimate. Beast is wider than everybody else, not necessarily taller. So the extension pieces don't quite work for him, I think.

Shorten the hair like you did, and short the torso piece so it's not the same kind as used on Ultimate Hulk, and I think we'd have a very good minimate. Beast is wider than everybody else, not necessarily taller. So the extension pieces don't quite work for him, I think.

Agreed. And nix the "muscle collar" he has so the hairpiece can sit low enough and not have Astonishing's issues of staying on the head.

I just really hope that we end up with him having tampo underneath the muscle suit, if they decide to use it. Beast is short and, while albeit wide and chunky, is no Powerhouse. The same needs to be done for Anti-Venom, while they're at it. It's just awful.

Oh, and since Chaplain brought up the possibility of Wolvie in the wave (i doubt it...), i've got a little fan line-up i'd enjoy seeing forthe rest of the turn out:

Jim Lee Scott/Jim Lee Jean

Jim Lee Beast/Jubilee

Hellfire Goon/Hoverchair Prof. X

Variant: Hellfire Goon/Weapon X Logan (with ALL the metal attachments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

That'd be a fantastic line-up, and my favorite Wave of 2010; hell, DST would have their Logan, and not only would he be the shortpacked vairant, but he'd be one that you like or you don't based on pertsonal preference. I'd also forgive the Beast-ly mistake. Oh, and just because we need it, Wave 35 idea:

Pyro/Avalanche

Toad/Updated Mystique

Mr. Sinister/BD Hellifre Goon

Variant: Blob/BD Hellfire Goon

Oh man I didn't know about the Cyclops reveal yesterday and I am at work and can't get to the picture so someone please put up a pic of Cyclops! I personally like the Beast (accept for maybe the hairpiece looks to bulky). Just this week I picked up the MU Jean Grey because I was feeling nostalgic about the 90s cartoon (this was an impulse buy and so she is now up for trade in my want/have list) so this wave with 90s X-Men is very exciting to me. I hope they do a hoverchair Prof X, Mr Sinister and a Jean which would make this wave amazing!

Personally, I like the Secret Invasion version a lot more. He is a more typical Minimate, and represents hairy beast from his time with the Avengers/Defenders, which is how I best know him. But for you guys wanting Jim Lee designs, well--this is Beast in Lee's style, as vbpannizi shows.

I am also holding out for some villains, but am not really expecting much in this wave. I wonder who the army builder could be from the Lee X-Men era? Maybe a generic Reaver?

so knowone thinks there gonna remake Collosus?

heres my wish list

90'S Cyclops/90'S Collosus

90'S Rogue/90'S Wolverine (tan and brown)

90'S Beast/Hover chair Professor X

Variant: 90'S Jean Grey

anyone agree?i mean just look at this!,we have most of these,and it only seems right!

post-337-1257628796_thumb.jpg

Edited by brobotc

Beast just showed up on their facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2932...;id=76429063224

The only thing I don't like about that Beast is the choice of the Ultimate Hulk bulky-chest.

Beast has never been particularly giant has he? Wide, yes, but never tall... I'm gonna hope that was a mistake on the prototype and the real one will have a movie hulk chest (although the old school Powerhouse chest would probably look better), because then he'll be just fine.

I think an updated Rogue and Jean Grey are givens in this set. Though Colossus and brown Wolvie both desperately need nice updates, IMO, we've never had a Banshee yet, who was also a player in this era of X-Men.

Prof. X in the safari shirt and hover chair looks ridiculous, but he is also someone who really needs an update of some kind.

Edited by karamazov80

But for you guys wanting Jim Lee designs, well--this is Beast in Lee's style, as vbpannizi shows.

I agree he needs a powerhouse chest, just not this powerhouse chest. It's the ugliest minimate piece this side of duck feet! It looked wrong on Ultimates Hulk and looks wrong on Anti-Venom, but DST seem to love the thing. Hopefully, like the Hulk, there will be a chest tampo underneath to save the figure...

Is it just me, or are Beasts fur wrist-cuffs the same piece as Sentinels hand-blasts?

post-2737-1257638824_thumb.jpg post-2737-1257638842_thumb.jpg

EDIT: on closer inspection, maybe not. The Sentinels blasts seem more detailed. they are similar though.

Edited by Nessex

I am hoping for a new Nightcrawler in this wave, I know the chances are slim, but I don't think we really need a new Rogue or Wolverine. He was with Excalibur pretty much through the 90's, but we could really use a new version of him. For the army builder, I would love to see the Brood. This is the wave I would like to see:

Brood/Colossus

Brood/Colossus not armored up

Jean Grey/ Cyclops

Beast/Mr. Sinister

Unfortunately I am sure we will get another Rogue and Wolverine though :( Hopefully the following wave will feature random X-men characters like Nightcrawler, Banshee, Omega Red, Pyro, Blob, Avalanche, Jubilee