UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRus Series 5 pics. Swordsman and more!!

fwoosheyman

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had hoped it was a different head. The lines on the face made me think of the Iron Spidey face from the Civil War boxset (though I don't have ot at hand).

While I like the idea of "improvements" being made on re-releases of the minimates (e.g. the spare hands and feet for the Tony Stark version of War Machine), I'm also a little anti this as I'm a bit of a completionist but more likely to import the LCS version from someone like Luke instead of the TRU version. I know it's a minor thing, but I have a few quirks :P.

Edited by Caracal

Nothing in VA. Again. I wonder though, because stores have been so busy from the holidays, are they restocking everything heavily, or only on what's selling through? I compressed the 'mates still on the pegs so they look more empty than they were, but nothing has changed so far.

Nothing in VA. Again. I wonder though, because stores have been so busy from the holidays, are they restocking everything heavily, or only on what's selling through? I compressed the 'mates still on the pegs so they look more empty than they were, but nothing has changed so far.

Where in VA? I'm in the Richmond area, and the wave has hit here.

Where in VA? I'm in the Richmond area, and the wave has hit here.

Chesapeake/Portsmouth area. This TRU has been really good about getting 'mates in, but so far no sign of these, I haven't checked today though.

Found the Secret Wars box (passed...for now) and Swordsman/Surfer 2-pack. As much as I'd have preferred a classic Swordsman, this lil' guy's growing on me and despite the bizarre fatty-calf details I love the new Surfer. Great set! I had a hard time passing on the others, but I'll just have to wait for my sets to come-in.

So - is anyone else just a *little* bit disappointed that Black Bolt doesn't have a reversible head with a wide open mouth showing?

. . . . or is it just me?

Edited by Nessex

Checked today before work, and.....nothing. Although some idiot put all the Superhero Squad toys on their second peg, I promptly moved them back where they're supposed to go. See what I've been reduced to? I'm doing someone's job for them and get no 'mates as a reward!! There should be a support group for people like me. Aside from Idiots with Too Much Time on Their Hands Anonymous. (IWTMTOTHA FTW!!)

Edited by Valo487

Maybe you could substitute a Havok head underneath after taking the white mask thing offa the head?

Yeah - but that means i have to rip his head dress thing off. . . he doesn't have a slip-on mask :(

I used the T-1000 head, the "O-face" from the first series, for Blackbolt's face. Looks pretty nifty.

Damn . . . gonna have to buy me a T1000 now.

Thanx for the tip bro!

Ultimate Cyclops might also be a winner!

The times square TRU has secret wars and tons of wave five!!!

THANKS EDDIE H.

Got there as soon as they opened up this morning at 7:00 am and picked up SS/ and swordsman and logan/hawkeye!

And i still made it to work on time! They still had a bunch left.

I will not drive into Manhattan for these...

I will not walk over from work on one of the busiest work weeks of the year for these...

I will not walk over from work on one of the busiest work weeks of the year for these...

Edited by MinimateEspo25

Hey Minnesotans, as of 10am today, the Northtown TRU still surprisingly has one Silver Surfer/Swordsman set as well as two of almost everyone else. Surprised really to still see them after having bought one of each of them on Monday.

No Secret Wars pack yet though...

Still love how our TRU skipped over the Angel/Warpath wave. >_>

I would just like to thank those of you who post "I found them" AND tell us WHERE you found them. It is very helpful and appreciated that you inlcude the WHERE. :)

Has anyone found them in WA yet?

Thanks again!