UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRus Series 5 pics. Swordsman and more!!

fwoosheyman

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hitting pleasaston tru 2mmarow after work, hopefully they have ss/sm, its the only one i want.or at least some GB!

Just came back from the Dublin, CA. TRU and picked up a 1 - Silver Surfer / Swordsman set and 1 - Captain Marvell and Black Bolt set. Will hold off on the others for now. the Swordsman is cool. He is the main one I wanted. Glad for the Cap and Black Bolt set. More space characters. Still no sign of the Secret Wars set.

No wonder the pegs are always bare whenever I go home for vacation. It's you guys! :P

And now we pause this discussion of the ongoing hunt to TRU wave 5 for a brief comics related rant by the guy who reads Marvel Handbooks too much:

Here's what I don't get...

Logan is at this point in the 616, over 100 years old, but looks like he's in his mid-late 30's. Yet in a few more dozen years, he will have aged to the same point as Hawkeye. Why? Is what he did at the end of the heroic age THAT much worse than anything else he'd done in over 100 years that it aged him? And if they established the whole truly-traumatic-events = mind-healing-amnesia for Logan, why would he remember any of what happened at the X-Mansion at all? Wasn't that worse than some of the events they've already established as being traumatic enough to scramble his eggs?

Lord have mercy, if there's one thing that drives me
NUTS
about modern comics is that nobody can be bothered to keep track of their own rules for how things work anymore.

This has been a rant by a slightly graying blue monkey man. We now resume your regularly scheduled programing

And to you New Yorker 'verser: I checked TRU at Times Square and at Manhattan Mall last week and will give it another try tomorrow, but I don't expect to find any new mates there. :(

I've been to the Times Square TRU today and found myself very surprised since there were only five (5!) 2packs left. Overall. And no empty pegs. After talking to some TRU person he told me they aren't restocking them in that store anymore but taking them out of their program! :ohmy:

Just came back from the Dublin, CA. TRU and picked up a 1 - Silver Surfer / Swordsman set and 1 - Captain Marvell and Black Bolt set. Will hold off on the others for now. the Swordsman is cool. He is the main one I wanted. Glad for the Cap and Black Bolt set. More space characters. Still no sign of the Secret Wars set.

dude I was gonna hit that tru today, but no I have to work...sigh... nice that you got it though, better to go to a fellow collector than a scalper.

And to you New Yorker 'verser: I checked TRU at Times Square and at Manhattan Mall last week and will give it another try tomorrow, but I don't expect to find any new mates there. :(

I've been to the Times Square TRU today and found myself very surprised since there were only five (5!) 2packs left. Overall. And no empty pegs. After talking to some TRU person he told me they aren't restocking them in that store anymore but taking them out of their program! :ohmy:

I had basically the same thing told to me a few weeks ago and thought the woman who said it was crazy. Maybe she was sane after all. I wonder why some stores would choose to do this though? Guess I am going to have to travel even further to try to find these.

I had basically the same thing told to me a few weeks ago and thought the woman who said it was crazy. Maybe she was sane after all. I wonder why some stores would choose to do this though? Guess I am going to have to travel even further to try to find these.

it may have to do with the numerous Wolverine 'mates that over-saturated TRU and barely sold. After weeks of peg-warming, I'm sure they don't want to take a chance on new items from this line.

oh my god,i just noticed a PERFECT custom using the New tony stark head,but ill save that for Christmas...

Now come on, you know you want to tell us who that Tony head reminds you of. Spill it man!

fine,with a little bit of sharpie,it looks like francis from left 4 dead!

That sucks that they are taking out the minimates from that Toys R Us. I wen today and found a fresh case of the Swordsman minimates and the others from that set. I managed to get two Swordsman sets and a Extremis Iron Man set. I saw the Old Man Wolverine and Hawkeye set but didn't have the money for that one. Great minis though.

Damn, this is the TRU I frequent since its only a few blocks away from work. Did they said that TRU is phasing them out, or only Times Sq? I thought they were selling pretty well there, except for T2, GB was barely there, but sold out, and for the most part, the Marvel stuff moved pretty well, all things considered (overpacked Wolvies and IM) this stinks. :(

Hey I was reading up on Titanium Man. I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but I noticed that the Extremis Iron Man is taller than Titanium Man, not drastically, but still, wasn't Boris Bullski supposed to be 11 ft tall? :blush: Still no Secret Wars set.

Edited by rx78jj

I got these last night, and overall I'm pretty happy with them. The only exception is Captain Marvel... I don't like the length of his hair, not going all the way to his shoulders. I looks much better in the promo shot on the back.

On the Titanium Man height, I may try this and see how it looks... take the waist extender from Ultimate Hulk, and put it on TM above the crotch piece and below the skirt.

and Leo from That 70's Show

I've been trying to figure out who Old Man Hawkeye reminded me so eerily of! Thanks punisher! :D

And now we pause this discussion of the ongoing hunt to TRU wave 5 for a brief comics related rant by the guy who reads Marvel Handbooks too much:

Here's what I don't get...

Logan is at this point in the 616, over 100 years old, but looks like he's in his mid-late 30's. Yet in a few more dozen years, he will have aged to the same point as Hawkeye. Why? Is what he did at the end of the heroic age THAT much worse than anything else he'd done in over 100 years that it aged him? And if they established the whole truly-traumatic-events = mind-healing-amnesia for Logan, why would he remember any of what happened at the X-Mansion at all? Wasn't that worse than some of the events they've already established as being traumatic enough to scramble his eggs?

Lord have mercy, if there's one thing that drives me
NUTS
about modern comics is that nobody can be bothered to keep track of their own rules for how things work anymore.

I know I'm no Marvel Universe expert, but I'd like to try my hand at guessing the weird logic behind this one:

Maybe Logan's "eternal youth/slowed aging" powers only work at full capacity when he regularly uses his adamantium claws? From what i recall of Old Man Logan, that whole time he hasn't used his claws up until

his family was killed and he decided to take revenge on the Hulk family

Danged if I know.

Hey I was reading up on Titanium Man. I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but I noticed that the Extremis Iron Man is taller than Titanium Man, not drastically, but still, wasn't Boris Bullski supposed to be 11 ft tall? :blush: Still no Secret Wars set.

Boris stands about 7' flat footed. His armors made him stand anywhere from close to 8' to around 11'. That version of the armor has been depicted usually around 9'6" to 10' range. So yeah, he's too short, but his upper arms look puny as is, any extensions they could have added would have just made it worse.

I know I'm no Marvel Universe expert, but I'd like to try my hand at guessing the weird logic behind this one:

<snip>

Danged if I know.

I appreciate the effort, NR, I do. But the real reason is: the writer wanted it that way. And the editors probably figured it was a throw away "What If" type story so what the hey. But like Spider-Girl, that little "What If" is developing a life of it's own and there's rumors of an ongoing in the works. If pressed, Marvel would probably dance around the whole Mansion incident, and blame it on the trauma there. Or try the whole "only as young as you feel" aspect of things- Logan felt old and tired, and so he looked it.

But this is just one of my little personal hobgoblins, the idea that they didn't take the extra minute to work out that wrinkle before hand. Or Bendis not taking two minutes to check if Nefaria was alive to be locked up in the raft, or that 616 Carnage was different from the 1610 version he came up with. Again, for a guy like me who loves the details and inter-workings of shared comics universe, it drives me nuts. Man, I miss Gru.

I got the Swordsman/Surfer set and the Scorpion set the other day, and these 'mates rock! Swordsman makes my T-Bolts lineup nearly perfect (Songbird, DST!), and Silver Surfer and Scorpion have joined a huge minimate battle.

I'm still trying to decide whether or not to pick up the old man pack. Hawkeye look cool, but Wolvie's face looks a bit off.