UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spider-man Friends and Foes

SouthFLGuy

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From another thread:

Wow you have more broken/missing parts than the rest of the board put together!

How many times have you posted telling us that you have emailed DST?

:lol:

Yeah, that's really hilarious. I buy these guys and when they end up coming in broken or break when I take them out of the package or they just don't show up with the parts they're 'sposed to have, I write and ask for a replacement. Yeah, sure is funny.

You and TBT should go have some kind of shit-on-me rally or something. It's so hilarious and really makes a guy feel wanted around here.

I apologize if you are offended. That was not my intention. It just appears that you have had worse luck than every other board member combined in terms of missing/broken pieces. I mean that literally.

As for the other thread, if you feel entitled to all the promo Minimates, then you are welcome to that perspective of course. I was just trying to suggest that people consider what they are asking before they do so.

Edited by karamazov80

I apologize if you are offended. That was not my intention. It just appears that you have had worse luck than every other board member combined in terms of missing/broken pieces. I mean that literally.

As for the other thread, if you feel entitled to all the promo Minimates, then you are welcome to that perspective of course. I was just trying to suggest that people consider what they are asking before they do so.

One the first hand: Okay then, apology accepted. I just have really shit luck sometimes. I'll get the dough together to buy two or three of the same set because I know I'll want to play with one... so I want a second one to keep in the box in case my first one really gets worn out (you should see my series 5 Captain America, for example). And I just get lousy luck. In most cases, DST has been able to help me out... but not all. And I don't ask for whole figures... so I don't really have a big collection of freebie mates I've gotten from them. I think they sent me a boxed set Hulk and Cap from the Heroes set because they couldn't replace the hand for the Ult. Spider Girl that twisted off in the arm. I had to buy one of those again, but it wasn't a big deal. I just really do seem to have crap luck.

On the second hand: I don't feel like I'm entitled to any more promo mates than anybody else. I just don't think that because a person can't make it to a convention they don't deserve to get them. I wasn't trying to stir up a fight and still don't want to. I hate arguements and really want to avoid them if at all possible. But I did want to speak my mind, too. I also was only suggesting that if alot of people were going (meaning if he/she/the felt up to it) then I (selfishly) would be fine with them starting some kind of list of people who couldn't go but would like an alligator. I see now I shouldn't have done that, even if it was in a "wouldn't it be nice " way.

So I hope we're cool, because I dig your style from your posts on the board here and I really don't want to get into a fight with anybody.

I'm sorry for getting all bent outta shape. We cool?

You and TBT should go have some kind of shit-on-me rally or something. It's so hilarious and really makes a guy feel wanted around here.

Those two have been really mean & nasty to me as well :(

& Groundhog ....& Murderofcrows ......Rad as well....Danny was once (& today).......Trekker just laughs at me.....Northraider :rolleyes: ......Hulk's always rude to me....Boyd can't custom for toffee & Luke refuses to deal with me...Minimadman,Blacksun & Storm just ignore me......Shane hates me......Cappy too......

Edit: Now I see Your post Mystery Man......why can't I type quicker? I really ought to delete this now.....I really ought to. You still like me don't you? :(

Seriously we're all cool here......except Groundhog & Karamazov & all of them others.......

Edited by buttheadsmate

Mystery Man, I don't have bad feelings toward a single member here (apart from a couple notable other trolls who shall go unnamed and are hopefully gone for good). Posts can sometimes come off as more abrasive than they actually are, I think, and this may have been the case with the Battle Beast thread. These are all just discussions about toys, and I agree that we are all entitled to our different perspectives. I have said this before, but I genuinely hope that no one takes anything I post here too seriously to the point where it bothers them. . .unless, of course, we are talking about dogs. That is serious business.

I mean that, though. If you feel offended by something I post, shoot me a PM and we'll work it out that way. Having said all that, there are consequences to what we post in the form of responses by other members. So, just consider that is all I would suggest.

Edited by karamazov80

I'd like to echo a call to see Mr.PL's un-webbed Spider-Man face.

And the only Vulture pics I've seen, those wing look yellow, not 'lime-green', I'd like to put in request for pictures of the 'green' wings as well.

I ask because I'm wondering if the really crappy QC was as consistent as first reported, or maybe someone caught the problems before the entire run was produced.

& Groundhog ....& Murderofcrows ......Rad as well....Danny was once (& today).......Trekker just laughs at me.....Northraider :rolleyes: ......Hulk's always rude to me....Boyd can't custom for toffee & Luke refuses to deal with me...Minimadman,Blacksun & Storm just ignore me......Shane hates me......Cappy too......

Edit: Now I see Your post Mystery Man......why can't I type quicker? I really ought to delete this now.....I really ought to. You still like me don't you? :(

Seriously we're all cool here......except Groundhog & Karamazov & all of them others.......

Hey look! An actual top 10 list that I'm not on. w00t!

We all laugh at you man! Hey, you have done the world a great service: provided the gift of laughter. Without people like you, this universe would suck. That goes for all of you people who have ever been called funny.

Live long and prosper |\\//

T42

I'd like to echo a call to see Mr.PL's un-webbed Spider-Man face.

And the only Vulture pics I've seen, those wing look yellow, not 'lime-green', I'd like to put in request for pictures of the 'green' wings as well.

I ask because I'm wondering if the really crappy QC was as consistent as first reported, or maybe someone caught the problems before the entire run was produced.

i second that request... fo' sho! i'm really curious to know if some of us got vulture 'mates with yellow wings while others got lime-green versions.

oh, and welcome aboard cbat13!

Edited by velvet

I can deal with Vulture having lime-green wings.

I can glue the shit out of Doc Ock's tentalces and make them stay in his back.

I can swap parts between the two Black Cat's to make one.

But that Spidey is just a botched job of crap.

Mystery Man pretty much summed up my thoughts exactly.

Although if you listen carefully to BannersID's advise (thanks for some tips), you should be able to fit Dr Octopus’s Tentacles into place without superglueing them. Although, I did not make the holes bigger than the front or hear a snap, I did use scissors to enlarge the hole which allowed me to get the tentacles in. Much Like BannersID did, I opened my scissors, using only one of the blades, and placed the blade in the hole of Doc Ock’s back and slowly twisted (only briefly) to enlarge the hole, which allowed me to get the tentacles. When I fit my tentacles in, I twisted them into the hole instead of just trying to push them straight in. Also use scissors with a pointed tip or else you may make the hole to big.

As for Black Cat, luckily the chest on my figure is lighter in color than most of the pictures members are showing.

with all the problems everyone is having i'm afraid some years down the line the line when I do decide to open them all they will all be busted, broken, and missing parts. Please explain BHM I haven't read much Marvel over the years due to my least favorite money grab I call the Ultimates.

My take on this set is as follows

Vulture -yeah his wings are tad bit off on the color but not that far, the pics seen in this thread earlier make them look alot yellower than the really are otherwise a great minimate.

post-189-1269737393_thumb.png

Doc Ock- he's great and is very simple to "fix" before i saw Bannersid fix i had done the same thing by just reeming the hole out a bit with a small screwdriver. full movement and they stay in place.

Black cat- chest paint is off a bit but again not as drastic as they appear in the earlier photos (flash?)

BR Spider-man -yeah he sucks the "flesh" is too transparent and the under colors show through :P

Mystery Man, I don't have bad feelings toward a single member here (apart from a couple notable other trolls who shall go unnamed and are hopefully gone for good). Posts can sometimes come off as more abrasive than they actually are, I think, and this may have been the case with the Battle Beast thread. These are all just discussions about toys, and I agree that we are all entitled to our different perspectives. I have said this before, but I genuinely hope that no one takes anything I post here too seriously to the point where it bothers them. . .unless, of course, we are talking about dogs. That is serious business.

I mean that, though. If you feel offended by something I post, shoot me a PM and we'll work it out that way. Having said all that, there are consequences to what we post in the form of responses by other members. So, just consider that is all I would suggest.

Thank you. Unlike how TBT acted in his last Battle Beasts post towards me, I don't think you're being abrasive at all.

I appreicate that, kar. I really do. I've had a bad couple of days and feeling like I'm fighting with people I don't know is the last thing I want to be doing. So thank you.

And on the topic of this set, the Vulture is really starting to grow on me. I hope the two extra sets I ordered from BBTS have enough tentacles between them so I can make one full Doctor Octopus! :)

I can swap parts between the two Black Cat's to make one.

Anyone got any pics to see if this will work yet?

No pics, but it works well if you put the new Cat head/hair/neck-fur on the original Black Cat. That's how I have mine and I think it looks great!

I pulled the trigger on buying this set off BBTS. I could care less about the Spider-Man, but easily fixable versions of the other mates is okay. I have like two Black Cats sitting around to help if need be (one has two left legs) and if Doc Ock only needs some tweaking for the holes that's do-able.

Only thing I might have problems with is Vulture's wings as I'm not good at painting at ALL. We'll see though once they get here.

with all the problems everyone is having i'm afraid some years down the line the line when I do decide to open them all they will all be busted, broken, and missing parts. Please explain BHM I haven't read much Marvel over the years due to my least favorite money grab I call the Ultimates.

That made me smile broadly .......I just can't bring myself to open some of my sets & many of them may well be empty. :D This scenario has actually happened once :(

Hopefully the next Captain America won't have Human Torch showing through.

.....or the Red Skull for those of us reading current issues.

My spoiler tag function hasn't worked for some while* so I may have over-stepped already .....can't elaborate. :blush:

*any help returning this would be appreciated !

Edited by buttheadsmate

Where were the Doc Ock's tentacles in the packaging? I don't think I could have missed them.

Attached are a couple of quick pics. I actually like the Doc Ock, but don't have the arms, of course. The Spidey I didn't really care about. Black Cat's skin tone is a head scratcher. Her chest must be grey from all the chimney sweeping she's been doing. Vulture's wings are an odd color, and I can't get his white collar to center just right, it keeps sliding around.

So, yeah, disappointing set.

exactly! my vulture's wings are the exact same shade of yellow as the one in this pic. :(

ummm... that pic of the vulture from page 9, i meant. :P

Edited by velvet

Where were the Doc Ock's tentacles in the packaging? I don't think I could have missed them.

Attached are a couple of quick pics. I actually like the Doc Ock, but don't have the arms, of course. The Spidey I didn't really care about. Black Cat's skin tone is a head scratcher. Her chest must be grey from all the chimney sweeping she's been doing. Vulture's wings are an odd color, and I can't get his white collar to center just right, it keeps sliding around.

So, yeah, disappointing set.

exactly! my vulture's wings are the exact same shade of yellow as the one in this pic. :(

ummm... that pic of the vulture from page 9, i meant. :P

That is the same color most of us on the board are referring to as lime-green. IMO it is not banana-yellow or grass-green, but a combination of the two. Hence, the lime-green references.

Only thing I might have problems with is Vulture's wings as I'm not good at painting at ALL. We'll see though once they get here.

Well If you are not good at painting when you get the set,you can go to lowes and see if they have spray paint the same colour as his torso,Then just spray paint over the wings with the proper green.

That is just my sugestion.I never spray painted his wings because I do not have the set,But I am guessing it will work.