UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Make my "Through the Ages" contest!

Punisher

Make my "Through the Ages" set Contest!

So far we've gotten Ironman and Wolverine in their own boxed set, but who else deserves one?

The point of this contest:
I'm entering two Marvel "through the ages" character boxed sets for custom-con , but I'm on an apparent TTA kick. So I want you to decide one more set for me to make!

You need to pick one Marvel character, and four distinct unreleased costumes for that character. Post your dream set in this thread.

On October 11th, I'll stop accepting entries, and choose my favorite set! Then on the 12th, I'll announce the winner.

"But what's in it for me?" you may ask. Well, I'll be sending the winner their very own customized set with custom box and all!

So get thinking! and ahem!don'tchoosedeadpoolorpunisherahem!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna have to do one that I seriously doubt anyone would think of:

Ant Man through the Ages

Ultimate Ant Man

post-1316-1254884525_thumb.jpg

Scott Lang Ant Man

post-1316-1254884576_thumb.jpg

Eric O'Grady Ant Man

post-1316-1254884339_thumb.jpg

Finally: Either Earth X Ant Man or Cassandra Lang. Prefer Earth X due to looking awesome, but Cassandra just makes more sense.

Earth X -------------------------------------------Cassandra

post-1316-1254884264_thumb.jpg post-1316-1254884463_thumb.png

Besides, you know you want a Young Avenger like Cassandra to walk tall beside Vision 2.0

Edited by Trekker 42

First blush? Thing. Ben's had numerous distinctive transformations. Bad news is two of them would be a total pain to do. But you could do First Appearance (lumpy oatmeal) Thing, Ben Grimm, Robot-Suit Thing (Slip on mask Thing head with Ben Griim face underneath)(there have been several occassions when Ben has lost his powers and still wanted to help the team, and he used a Reed designed suit of armor that mimics the powers and appearance of his standard Thing form.), Mutated (Spikey) Thing. FA and Spikey have very distinct skin texture that would require a lot of detail work to pull off. And the slip on Thing head has it's own set of challenges. But that's my pick.

Doctor Strange through the ages for me

1) 1st Apperance (blue cloak, etc)

2) Master of the Black Arts (Face mask and so on)

3) early 90's look (tucked in tunic, eye patch)

4) The young persona (cloak made into a coat, round glasses, long hair)

I'm gagging for a Phoenix/Jean Grey through the ages set.

It'd need to have:

Black Queen Jean Grey (I'd love a Goblin Queen - but that's technically not Jean)

post-2737-1254921856_thumb.jpg

Jim Lee Jean Grey

post-2737-1254921891_thumb.jpg

Age of Apocalypse Jean Grey (In her Weapon X costume, not her FA Duds or the skimpy thing from that lousy 10th anniversary series)

post-2737-1254921875_thumb.jpg

White Crown of the Phoenix

post-2737-1254921842_thumb.jpg

It might also be fun to have a green mini-skirt & pointy-masked Marvel Girl figure . . . And it would probably make the set more of a seller - in which case i'd consider putting it in the place of the WPOTC costume.

if the person wins,do they get a completly diffferent boxset of choice,or one of the ones you made?

and heres my entry

Doc Ock through the ages (he said it could be a marvel character,why not a villian ;) )

white spandex Doc Ock

white suit Doc Ock

green and orange fat Doc Ock (Chubby peice from blob)

green and yellow armor Doc Ock

EDIT:i just realized the links dont work,so here

http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/Spider...cto/dococto.htm

Edited by brobotc

Damn wish it could be Dc as well.

I really like the hulk ideas.

But I say rogue thru the ages

rogue-bigcostume1.jpgFA Rogue that can be switched to modern, by switching with a longer hairpiece.

rogue-bigcostume5.jpgUncanny X-Men #229

25421MV~Rogue-In-X-Men-Suit-Posters.jpg I'm not sure where this one is from, but I like it! :sweat:

500full-x--men:-evolution-artwork.jpgOf course Goth X-men evolution Rogue

Well thats my list.

Edited by SErge

Liking all the ideas so far! Keep 'em coming!

And I changed my mind on how the winners will be announced. Rather than me choosing, I'm going to have the computer choose using a random integer generator. (The number chosen will be your post number).

if the person wins,do they get a completly diffferent boxset of choice,or one of the ones you made?

The winner gets a set based on their choice.

Oooh ohh i know one!beetle{the villian from spiderman} through the ages!some pics of 4 diff costumes:

First:vn06u1.jpg

second:x2lcfl.jpg

thrid:vfh69z.jpg

4th{my fav}:jiyiq8.jpg

I think there should be a beetle through the ages set because im pretty sure there was never no beetle minimates

Question... Because there have been multiple X-Man and Hulk suggestions already what happens if say you like two from one list, and two from another? Who would get credit? Would you give each a two pack of their designs?

PunisherD mentioned that he would 'choose using a random integer generator. (The number chosen will be your post number)' . . . which i think means that he'll only make the customs based on the costumes mentioned in the winning post.

I guess it doesn't work like this, Miry. At least not any more:

And I changed my mind on how the winners will be announced. Rather than me choosing, I'm going to have the computer choose using a random integer generator. (The number chosen will be your post number).

I think it's way cooler that the one wins who finally came up with the customs you are actually doing, Punisher. This random thing allows people to just trow in shitty suggestions and still might win the lottery.

Take me for an instance, I'd suggest:

Stan Lee through the ages!

Paperboy Stan Lee

1968 revolution ignoring business Stan Lee

Playboy Stan Lee

Smurf off Stan Lee

:D

Punisher......you might want to go back to making the choice.

Random generator just doesn't seem like the right thing to do, as per Bob's post.......just my 2 cents.

(On a personal note..... I would definitely want to own Bob's "Stan: Though the Ages" set.... :lol: )

Edited by jcastick