UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 27 (or is it 28?) shipping this week.

maxcarnage

I pre-ordered these from Corner Comic Store. There is still no sign of them and the are still listed as "pre-orders" o the site. Is this typical for them?

Good luck...

As has been said CSC never got waves 25&26 and then tried to deny anyone else had them and that they'd still get them later...

If there is one online store I dont trust with preorders it's them!

T.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CSC not having wave 27, I can believe since it seems the west coast comic shops still seemingly haven't got them yet. I visited their physical store in the OC a little while ago and was rather surprised to not see too much minimate presence there as I thought it would have. A decent selection of only box sets of the past couple of years (Civil War, Invaders, Dark Avengers #2, BTTF, etc.) hanging on their pegs. Sorry to detract this thread into CSC commentary, but I also thought it was interesting that the store was voted best comic shop in 2008 in the area.

http://myfoxla.cityvoter.com/winners/best-.../comics?place=1

I'm not sure if I posted this or PM'd someone....... only yesterday I had an email from them politely asking if I wanted to order the Minimate Playset. I politely asked would this pre-order take as long to come to fruition as quickly as the Marvel Waves 25 & 26 that I ordered on April 5th .........which to this very day are marked as 'pending'.

I haven't had my reply as yet.

It must be said however that CSC was a good place to order on-line.

Okay, now I can confirm there's definitely something screwed up about the wave distribution. My LCS just got in Wave 28 but there still seems to be no sign of 27. They said hopefully they'll get the Ulti-mates in the following week or so.

Still, what on earth is going on?! Did people really overestimate the popularity of wave 28 that much?

Okay, now I can confirm there's definitely something screwed up about the wave distribution. My LCS just got in Wave 28 but there still seems to be no sign of 27. They said hopefully they'll get the Ulti-mates in the following week or so.

Still, what on earth is going on?! Did people really overestimate the popularity of wave 28 that much?

It is a really odd situation. The comic store I pre-ordered Wave 27 and 28 from got 28 on time, but no sign of 27. However, I've seen the Ultimates at comic shops closer to Portland (more expensive though).

It is a really odd situation. The comic store I pre-ordered Wave 27 and 28 from got 28 on time, but no sign of 27. However, I've seen the Ultimates at comic shops closer to Portland (more expensive though).

Its strange, because Diamond Distributors has both of these waves in stock. Nothing is sold out at this point. Any comic shop in the US and Canada can order a case of either wave and have in on their doorstep in two weeks.

The problem is, my comic store pre-ordered Wave 27, so they are reluctant to order them again, afearing they will get a double order. They can't get an answer from their distributor as to where the 27 they ordered is, it's still marked as open, pending. Why? No one seems to know.

I'm not sure if I posted this or PM'd someone....... only yesterday I had an email from them politely asking if I wanted to order the Minimate Playset. I politely asked would this pre-order take as long to come to fruition as quickly as the Marvel Waves 25 & 26 that I ordered on April 5th .........which to this very day are marked as 'pending'.

I haven't had my reply as yet.

It must be said however that CSC was a good place to order on-line.

I would like to say that I wouldn't normally disclose ,to a third party ,what somebody had said in an email but this is exceptional. I,yesterday,gave them an ultimatum to either tell me that my 25 & 26 pre-orders are cancelled/unavailable or to expect no further business from me ......not that they would anyway.

I received a reply by email today from CSC which still maintains that they are still awaiting their stocks of Wave 25 & Wave 26 which "DST screwed up the production on the custom cases we typically get,and they're trying to sort this out for us" . In the meantime they apparently can still access the normal cases !

Why bother saying all that especially as it all sounds so unlikely?

After I returned from my LCS, waves 27 and 28 in tow, I recieved a shipping notification letting me know that CSC has shipped me my pre-ordered waves 27 and 28.

:-) Patience should have been exercised here, but somehow I'll survive with duplicates.

After I returned from my LCS, waves 27 and 28 in tow, I recieved a shipping notification letting me know that CSC has shipped me my pre-ordered waves 27 and 28.

:-) Patience should have been exercised here, but somehow I'll survive with duplicates.

Re: wave 28, consider that one an investment. I suspect those figures are only gonna go up in price.

By the way, I received and opened up my own set of wave 28 today. These figures met and possibly exceeded my expectations. Each figure in the wave is amazing. I need more Skrulls, though!

Finally had the chance to open my packages from Luke and others today... Wave 28 is wonderful. And according to my boys, plays well. They put a Skrull head from Secret Invasion set (another recent arrival) on FA Sabretooth and he and Skrullverine have been fighting their cournterparts most of the afternoon. And since the current Wolverine and the X-men is the version of the team they are most familiar with, I'm having a hard time convincing them that Gambit and Psylocke are good guys. (Gambit appeared as mercenary thief, Psyloke was an alliy of the Brotherhood... on the show) They have no idea who the "weird looking Spider-Man" is though. Which lead to trying to explain Deadpool to an 8 and 4 year old. :blink:

All in all a good day and a good haul.

(All told, T-Bolts, Champs, Invaders, Wave 28 and SI sets arrived this week... >contented sigh<)

Re: wave 28, consider that one an investment. I suspect those figures are only gonna go up in price.

By the way, I received and opened up my own set of wave 28 today. These figures met and possibly exceeded my expectations. Each figure in the wave is amazing. I need more Skrulls, though!

Good advice... unless the urge to have more skrulls overtakes me (a DISTINCT possibility).

It was kind of funny, my LCS guy talked like just his store got screwed as a short amount of 28 showed up and no 27 at all. I assured him that weird stuff has been happening all over. With Deadpool & Gambit in hand I can wait for the Ulti-MATES and duplicate DP & G no problem. :)

For those who are having doubts about how cool that second deadpool mask is:

"ouch! that smarts... Does anyone have a bandaid?"

post-7-1252341951_thumb.jpg

T.

p.s. I love that exploding chest piece and have to try it on every character I get that has a red uniform or chest! Looks great on the new IM too :D

Finally had the chance to open my packages from Luke and others today... Wave 28 is wonderful. And according to my boys, plays well. They put a Skrull head from Secret Invasion set (another recent arrival) on FA Sabretooth and he and Skrullverine have been fighting their cournterparts most of the afternoon. And since the current Wolverine and the X-men is the version of the team they are most familiar with, I'm having a hard time convincing them that Gambit and Psylocke are good guys. (Gambit appeared as mercenary thief, Psyloke was an alliy of the Brotherhood... on the show) They have no idea who the "weird looking Spider-Man" is though. Which lead to trying to explain Deadpool to an 8 and 4 year old. :blink:

All in all a good day and a good haul.

(All told, T-Bolts, Champs, Invaders, Wave 28 and SI sets arrived this week... >contented sigh<)

My boys have been enjoying the recent Minimate assualt also. My favorite so far is Deadpool's extra mask ending up on the regular Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. It looks straight out of a comic.

I also got 27! So excited. Thank for letting me know what look for in my cap America mask I looked through all of them to find the best fitting mask. If any still can not find these or 28 let me know my lcs has bunch, sorry no deadpools or variants but if you are looking to build some armys...