UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to AA's blog, they'll be handing out more of the BB crocodiles at C2E2. Anybody from Chicago attending, can you please snag one for me? PLEEEEEEASE?

Yeah, get me 10 of them or so. I'll trade you a Riot. . .er, battle damaged Spiderman for it. Thanks! :)

Right about now I'm considering myself incredibly lucky to have family I'm actually somewhat close to down in Chicago. :D

I'm definitely calling tomorrow to see if my Cousins are going, since they have a heavily renewed interest in DC.

I thin kthe thread of people wanting this will be pretty much everyone on the board (with the small exception of people that already have one).

I'm still hoping to go, but my plans seem to be changing and it's kind of up in the air right now (although this is a huge motivator). I did find out a friend of mine is going and hopefully if I don't he can score one of these.

Similar to the SDCC situation, I don't think it is reasonable to expect anyone actually going to this thing is going to spend their time and efforts to try and procure extra Battle Beasts for boardies (at least, not unless there is some notable monetary incentive for them to do so). If you want one, prepare to go to eBay. Like GH says, everyone wants these little bastards and unless you actually go to Chicago for this convention, you don't really deserve one.

If you can tell me how I'm wrong, I'll gladly retract that comment :)

If they are offered and someone takes time (probably away from work and other responsibilities) and effort to drive into Chicago and to attend this thing, I figure they earn the right to some nice little perks that come along with attending. Those who don't. . .not so much.

If they are offered and someone takes time (probably away from work and other responsibilities) and effort to drive into Chicago and to attend this thing, I figure they earn the right to some nice little perks that come along with attending. Those who don't. . .not so much.

I really don't think anyone is saying, "Gimme gimme gimme!" or "Go get me one because I feel so close to you since I know your screen name and see your avatar every day and would obviously do the same for you." I would gladly pay or make a nice trade offer to anyone willing to put in the effort to grab one for me if they happened to be there anyway. Now that, I would do and actually have. DCUC Wave 10 ring any bells?

I actually fall on the same side as KMZ here, yes if people get extras that's nice But don't expect them to jump through hoops to get you something you can find on ebay or get yourself if you go to the show.

Having spent a lot of time and effort at shows ( mostly SDCC) wrangling free or exclusive stuff for members I know it's a huge hassle and not simply going up to someone and saying I need 10 of these please give them to me.

Also please do not ask for multiples using the MMV name as leverage,Shane and I have worked hard to build a working relationship with DST/Chuck for that sort of thing and random people asking for lots for members will damage that dynamic.

T.

p.s. Im not saying this from the perspective as one who "has", I don't have one of these yet and given ebay prices etc I think I'm likely to miss out until they release a retail lineup of these.

My point being:

If you can't drive to Chicago because you live too far away doesn't make you un-deserving of getting one of these. It just makes it your bad luck that you don't live closer to a metropolitan region where conventions like this are held.

I deserve it just as much as anybody else does. Because they like the toy and would like to own one.

I also would really like one because I had the original Battle Beasts as a child and loved them. I still have several of them left in played with shape and was thrilled to hear they'd be making them as minimates, and then really bummed to hear that the only one released costs way more than I can pay for one.

If you can't drive to Chicago because you live too far away doesn't make you un-deserving of getting one of these. It just makes it your bad luck that you don't live closer to a metropolitan region where conventions like this are held.

*Takes off staff hat*

This attitude REALLY pisses me off... You know exactly what KMZ is saying, why should you "deserve" something that you are not willing to put the effort/time/money into that the people going to the show have?

Life is all about priorities, your priorities conflict with going to the show, DST's priorities are probably to give these to people who show enough commitment to visit their booth etc, If you visited the booth you'd get one, if you cannot or will not make that happen then don't expect one to just fall in your lap life doesn't work that way!

Maybe some folks going will be kind and try to pass on any extras to help others out but DO NOT confuse that with you deserving it, you dont.

T.

*puts staff hat back on*

I personally hate the whole damned promo 'thing'. I'm not from the same school as many here who have obviously become use to this whole damned variant /promo indoctrination which targets unsuspecting nutters like me.

I have been to one Convention ,met some nice guys ,seen a lovely city ,had some beers,had some fun. I also stood in line each day waiting for Matt to press the 'baggied burden' into my sweaty palm....... at the designated time.....at the designated place. The latter part of this adventure was one step up from humiliation & by day three I was back at the motel (when not at the Con/pub) buying my promos on the motel laptop from ebay ......100% true! On the last day of SDCC I watched quietly as TBT & Shane performed....pretty to watch :D Suffice to say their fruits ended up with many members here via the contests etc. For the record I was PM'd whilst at SDCC by members asking for help ......I'll leave it to them to know whether I helped them or not ...... ;)

I shall be at SDCC 2010 & it will undoubtedly be my swan-song because the whole thing will again cost me way too much ......this is more than a downtown drive for me & I'm not going for the promos.............but if you want any promos just ask.

Just 'asking' never hurt anybody.......being told 'No' often does.

In the last week I have seen a Starbuck promo sold for less than $5,an Elf Spock for $8 whilst Groundhog had a thread-sale selling a dozen various at $6. That surely is reality?

Paying upwards of $40 for my Battle Beast promo was not my finest hour :(

Never really made my point did I ?

*Takes off staff hat*

This attitude REALLY pisses me off... You know exactly what KMZ is saying, why should you "deserve" something that you are not willing to put the effort/time/money into that the people going to the show have?

Life is all about priorities, your priorities conflict with going to the show, DST's priorities are probably to give these to people who show enough commitment to visit their booth etc, If you visited the booth you'd get one, if you cannot or will not make that happen then don't expect one to just fall in your lap life doesn't work that way!

Maybe some folks going will be kind and try to pass on any extras to help others out but DO NOT confuse that with you deserving it, you dont.

T.

*puts staff hat back on*

You realize at no point did I ask anyone to get me one. I suggested maybe a list in the case that several people wanted these and IF there was somebody out there that would want to help them out. I didn't expect one to just fall into my lap, and I still don't.

Don't tell me whether I deserve something or not, though. That's just opinionated and silly. And honestly, "staff" or not, it just makes you seem like you have the same kind of "get the last word in" mentality that other posters do who aren't "staff".

I wasn't looking for an arguement and I'm still not... but let's try to not have a pile-on-Matt frenzy here, ok? I was saying that just because somebody can't attend a convention doesn't mean they don't deserve to get a promo minimate. That's it and that's all. I can't afford to go because I have other responsibilities, such as bills, a car that cannot drive long distances, and a job that I can't get off from or else I'll just get fired standing in my way of getting one. I guess I'm un-deserving because my girlfriend isn't doing so well right now and I need to stick with her and make sure she's okay. Or, I could leave her at home and drive the 12 hours and be deserving and get a minimate? Wha-?!

But barring those things... yeah, I'd drive the 12 hours to try and get one of these guys. But I can't. And that still doesn't mean I don't deserve one. If you drive all that way... or if you walk down the street... yeah, you deserve to get one. Absolutely, no question about it. But if you can't... that doesn't mean you don't deserve one, dude. And when people start talking about "deserving" things that others can't get solely because they don't have the money/time/support to get to where whatever the thing is that they want, it bugs the hell out of me. It really does.

And I was just trying to point that out before you "took off your hat".

Edited by Mystery Man

Nobody "deserves" any Minimate, or any other toy at that, nor the privilege of driving. Not even people attending conventions. Nothing wrong with folk desiring a given toy, but how you go about acquiring it, now that's the rub. Some will be polite, and some will feel they deserve it.

If you fall in the polite category, you probably know it and you're fine. If you might possibly fall in the "I deserve it" category, I'd suggest carefully reading some of the comments above and considering the point of view of the possible "supplier."

And always remember: patience is a virtue.

Edited by Cappy

At the Multiverse we've had these "convention promos wanted" threads before and I know in the past Tim and Shane, among others, have done an awful lot to try to get the promos into the hands of people that asked for them.

But there will always be more people that want them than there are the chances to get them at the convention. Demand for these things will always outstrip supply. That's why there's so many going for a high price on eBay, and that's why the threads do not work. Because not everyone who wants one and asks for one, will get one, despite people's genuine best efforts to make that happen.

It's not like the short-packed TRU exclusives, those are not in any way as location and time limited as convention exclusives. And, as indicated above, people don't just go to conventions for the exclusives, they go for the convention.

In short, as much as it's distasteful, sometimes you do just have to bite the bullet and go through eBay. A blanket appeal for help on these is unlikely to get you anywhere, through no-one's fault.

And when people start talking about "deserving" things that others can't get solely because they don't have the money/time/support to get to where whatever the thing is that they want, it bugs the hell out of me. It really does.

If that is the case that makes two of us, are you sure that's what you actually meant to communicate though?

I think you are confusing Deserving something with Desiring something. Go find a dictionary we'll wait.

Cappy's post summed it up beautifully.

Lets' try to get this back on topic shall we?

T.

But there will always be more people that want them than there are the chances to get them at the convention. Demand for these things will always outstrip supply. That's why there's so many going for a high price on eBay, and that's why the threads do not work. Because not everyone who wants one and asks for one, will get one, despite people's genuine best efforts to make that happen.

Boo-YAH! I've been saying this exact thing for YEARS.

Oh, topic, huh? Um... No BB for 2010. Yay?

I am just hoping that the playset ends up coming out so I can get the BB and not have to worry about the exlclusives at all! (Although I most likely would still try to get the exclusives as I tend to be a completist). :blush:

Edited by gambitron

The fact that Chuck said there may be different colored gators at the different conventions gives me hope that these will drop on eBay, price-wise. Does suck that no others will be released until next year, though.