UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's going on?

Oh, yeah. No, don't expect to see anything at Toy Fair -- go by the clock.

And while I can say no more, I would base expectations on what we've actually produced, not on what we showed once. Two or three years ago. Or thereabouts.

so it is minimates? or has DST produced other non-mate BB items?

I would base expectations on what we've actually produced, not on what we showed once. Two or three years ago. Or thereabouts.

I do .....you've actually produced BB minimates so we should base our expectations on more ...right :thumbsup:

We should not base our expectations on the Big Battle Beasts that you showed once ....right :thumbsup:

Edited by buttheadsmate

I think this is what we will see in april :confused:

Nobody listens to me.

maybe you need a ouija board.

Wheres Zach, we need answers

What's going on?

Oh, yeah. No, don't expect to see anything at Toy Fair -- go by the clock.

And while I can say no more, I would base expectations on what we've actually produced, not on what we showed once. Two or three years ago. Or thereabouts.

I'm listening or is that reading?

So as I see it ignore the bigger figures shown back then and it is most prob going to be MM related.

No need to reply with a answer that's just as I read what you have posted.

Edited by MiniFiend UK

I think this is what we will see in april :confused:

Nobody listens to me.

Oh i listen,and Id love/hope that the big reveal is for mates, i just didnt remember the figs/pics from SDCC and had to look them up, then figured i post here for others that may have missed/forgot them. Thanks Zach

Edited by Mattallica

I really like those bigger figures, they have a really cool look to them ..................... just my opinion of course. I'm also in the minority when it comes to BB minimates I'm just not that into them. again, just my personal thoughts is all.:thumbsup:

now go make my General Lee and A-Team Van DST!

There has to be a Battlebeasts minimate line soon. There just HAS to be. Otherwise more classic battle beasts will face a fate worse than death,

dismemberment

bbmm03.jpg

and customization.

bbmm04.jpg

Please don't let this have to happen again. There really is too much cutting to be done and I really shouldn't be allowed around sharp objects.

That looks Great! do you plan on repainting it?

The magic 8 ball says "Try later". That seems about right.

If word comes down that a Battlebeasts line is dead and won't be happening then I may go ahead and put in the time to paint the little guy but if I do it probably won't turn out well. In order to make everything fit I had to shave the chest and belt armor rather thin and my skills aren't really up to the level of being able to work with such a rubbery material. However, even then it is still just a maybe seeing as how I'm never overly happy with the way my painted customs turn out anyway. As it is I've still got a couple of G.I. Joe Sigma 6 customs that need painting, a MOTUC Battlecat that needs to be dyed black and then painted to match my icon, and if I ever do get in the ambitious painting frame of mind I even have a couple of Hasbro Xevoz customs that could use a new coat.

So I guess the best answer is it is possible, but not likely.

I know everyone here is hoping for minimates, but those BattleBeast action figures/statues are really nicely done. There might not be a market for them at the moment, but they are bloody nice looking designs.

Anybody here ever go on the Little Rubber Guys forums? Visited the Battle Beasts forums today to say hello. Diverse set of opinions over there.

I'm a long time member of the LRG board under the name Lord. Even if I'm not so more active than some years ago I still check it daily. In fact you can find me in nearly every forum, blog, site, etc related to Battle Beasts :)

I've lurked around the BB forum since the Minimate BB news was announced years back. I kind of sympathise with some of the dyed-in-the-wool members who have all the old stuff..... who can blame them for perceiving that the Minimates version might not meet their expectations? Those fears are totally unfounded ......my opinion is based on what I've seen with other memorabilia Minimate licences handled by DST especially Ghostbusters & BTTF.

People that don't want to like Minimates won't ever like Minimates .....their loss.

Anybody here ever go on the Little Rubber Guys forums? Visited the Battle Beasts forums today to say hello. Diverse set of opinions over there.

"I think the designers did a great job capturing the feel of the old figures, too. And I'm pretty sure we're done with the gator. The new designs are even cooler, and hopefully they'll win some Mate-haters back to the fold."

So, we ARE getting BB mates this year. Cool.

I had to google their forum, not a member, don't plan to be (don't need any new obsessions!)

it was a matter of keeping our Beasts separate from others' Beasts.

So, you're trying to prevent bestiality then?

DST isn't paying you enough for all the work you do! :biggrin: