UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Con 23 - coming in August

And once more Sillof comes up with one of those cool superhero interpretations of his I really enjoy! Cool customs for those first two days!

I have to admit that their customs are some of the most unique and creative out there. And as much I love the Avegers style of this year, nothing will beat his Star Wars stuff from a few years ago. Some of the best customs ever.

And seeing punisher's Predator stuff just makes me all the more sad that DST isn't making these anytime soon.

I really love the Avengers stuff from last custom con and the little stories he made up to introduce his steampunkesque heroes.

And seeing punisher's Predator stuff just makes me all the more sad that DST isn't making these anytime soon.

Seeing (not only) Punisher's great stuff makes me a little sad that I didn't have the time to do a few customs myself at the moment...

Ho. Ly. Smokes. :woot:

Once again Luke, that is amazing. I love how perfectly Neo's look from the first film was captured! (His hair might be a tad too wavy though.) Trinity looks hot too.

Matt from DST has been teasing fans on the Minimate Multiverse for weeks with a secret code that involved 34 pages of pig latin binary code, placed inside of a cryptogram, hidden in the javascript of the DST website, and translated into swahili, just for good measure. Forum member Luke314pi cracked the code late one evening when he realized that by printing all of the code on one sheet of paper, staring at it through two Gamma Hulk minimates, and drinking an entire bottle of Wild Turkey at the same time, Keanu Reeves would appear on the page and say "Whoah".

*sigh* I'm gonna need a bigger compass.

And the Rosetta Stone.

And some Advil.

I'll let you guys know when I've cracked the code on the TRU exclusive. See you all in 37 years.

Luke, the matrix is just breathtaking!, great job!

kinda disappointed with sillof's though, not the figures they were great!,but when he said outsiders, I thought he meant DC's outsiders

much props to the person who put together that build a figure set, makes me wish marvel legends were back

Luke's customs are, of course, brilliant.

I really hope we get some of those figures in the "Goliath" wave as Minimates one of these days--Hellcat, Mockingbird, Quasar, Machine Man, old school Black Widow, Goliath himself. . .I bet they would all look fantastic as Minimates.

DST, please cancel all future Marvel "movie-Mates" and do these figures instead. Thanks.

Edited by karamazov80

old school Black Widow

Actually wouldn't that be more a "middle school" Black Widow? She went with that look after the Champs broke up and stuck with it for the late 80's through the mid-90's till after Onslaught, when she went back to the long hair, black body suit. In fact the main difference between her modern 616 attire, and her 70's Champs look is that now Tasha feels the need to unzip her top and show more enemy distracting (or fanboy sales increasing) cleavage.

On topic, aside from a few standouts I have been remarkably underwhelmed with the CustomCon. Today though, lots of quality stuff.

Actually wouldn't that be more a "middle school" Black Widow?

After I posted, I realized someone would post this type of response. Sorry I wasn't more specific, and forced you to give us a detailed explanation, Miry :D

After I posted, I realized someone would post this type of response. Sorry I wasn't more specific, and forced you to give us a detailed explanation, Miry :D

But, but... detailed explanations are what I do. It's the niche I can mine. Without breaking into ridiculously over detailed diatribes that would make Gru proud, I'm just another sardonic nit-picking collector, lost in a sea of sarcasm, hoping my grumpy witticisms are noticed. I LIVE for the chance to unleash my otherwise useless collection comics related factoids.

Such as, really, that's Bill's Giant-Man costume, not Black Goliath. Black Goliath's was predominately Black, with a 70's high collar. The buccaneer boots, flared gloves, and collar's inside were yellow. And when Foster returned to calling himself Goliath, he would fill in the open-chest portion of the Giant-Man suit with a blue triangle. It would be the costume they buried him in, sadly. (why Tony and Skrull-Pym take all the heat for that and Reed, who also worked on the Thorbot, gets a pass, I'm not sure)

There. I feel I've contributed today. Thanks for the opportunity

Well now that I know that, I'll start misrepresenting things and leaving small details out even more frequently, just for you, Miry! :buttrock:

I did not know the tidbit about "Giant-Man," by the way.

I'm not sure about these customs. A few of them look like the regular figures to me, except for Starfire. I was looking closely at her, wondering where the difference was, but all I could come up with was she must be, um, the 'Frozen Arctic Tundra' version or something. Can anyone tell me if I'm missing somethin on that one?

I'm not sure about these customs. A few of them look like the regular figures to me, except for Starfire. I was looking closely at her, wondering where the difference was, but all I could come up with was she must be, um, the 'Frozen Arctic Tundra' version or something. Can anyone tell me if I'm missing somethin on that one?

Longer arms, lengthened and, um, enhanced torso. Most of these have had thier proportions tweaked. The last three are modified Bat-figures, for scale.