UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Back from the dead!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering if there's any difference in the regular and Mortar Cylons or if they're the same. It's definitely a missed opportunity to do civil war Cylons.

I'm guessing that the Mortar Cylon will be the same as the exclusive that came out lat year. Just a Cylon with a mortar launcher on his back. IMO this two pack is a total waste. They should have done a Romo/Civil War Cylon 2 pack instead.

I'm wondering if there's any difference in the regular and Mortar Cylons or if they're the same. It's definitely a missed opportunity to do civil war Cylons.

I'm guessing that the Mortar Cylon will be the same as the exclusive that came out lat year. Just a Cylon with a mortar launcher on his back. IMO this two pack is a total waste. They should have done a Romo/Civil War Cylon 2 pack instead.

I think, to appeal to completists, as well as people who may have missed the first few waves (and are buying these at TRU for the first time), these waves were designed to hit the primary characters like Starbuck & the Adamas, as well as the robotic cylons and all of the skin-job cylons in there - so having Tyrol makes sense. Though I know peopl like Romo, he was a pretty minor character - if it wasn't the Chief, we would have seen Gaeta, Helo, Roslin or one of the other more regular characters (who is more recognizable and representative of the whole series). In fact, I'm surprised that Baltar got a pass on this wave.

Now that TRU is carrying these exclusively, I wouldn't bank too heavily on obscure or background characters if there are future waves. They'll look for recognizeable, primary characters and mechanical cylons to reach a broader, younger market.

Edited by captain_cbecker

Art Asylum has posted packaging pics of the TRU series 2 of BSG.

Thanks for the link Mini-Myte. It's a shame we get no Romo, Racetrack, or Hotdog. And the Tyrol/Mortar Cylon is totally unneccesary, but as someone else says we at least get the 12.

Isn't Hotdog slated to come with the Viper mini-flyer?

He is? I thought the viper was Kara's?

BHM-1 NR-2 :lol:

Sort of a shame we might not be able to see Racetrack and Romo as minimates. Not sure how I'd feel about missing out on the other unreleased BSG mates (like Natalie, Prophet Baltar and the rest of the New Caprica set), though seeing as Captive Six seems like a pretty lackluster choice for Wave 2 maybe they should've replaced her in the lineup. But then the whole "12 Cylon models" set-up (barring that weird

Number Seven

debacle) goes right out the window...

• 2 weeks later...
The Viper & Raider packaging pics are up now too on AA's site.

I'm sorry guys but I've become sooooooo negative about TRU shipping techniques that all I can say is that these look great in the pictures but that lovely, shiney 'blister bubble' looks like fair game for those warehouse guys.

They do look pretty good though :D

I kind of dig the gold cylon now, but I'd still now rather have red stripe. And I'm with you, BHM, on TRU's shipping. While this package looks nice, I would prefer a simple box for peace of mind.

Edited by Turtle

I am not getting any of these for myself, but am helping a non-U.S. member, and on his order, 2 sets are "located in stock," 2 are "on hold until 8/21" (today), and one other is "backordered." Very strange. And I ordered these way back in the middle of June, at the same time as the wave 1 figures. So, I'm not sure how any of them would be backordered.

FYI, my Secret Wars set pre-order is also on hold, until 07/24/09