UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Back from the dead!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My TRU just got these in. I was expecting to find them with the other BSG toys from DST but they were merchandised next to the Marvel 'mates. (What's left of them.) Needless to say I bought a whole set.

I'd love to see an all-Minimates endcap at TRU featuring BSG, Marvel, Ghostbusters, and Terminator. Anyone who agrees should join me guerilla style, sneak in, and make it happen. :highfive2:

Well, I took a trip yesterday to Northern New York and stopped at the closest American TRU store. I called the day before to see if they had the BSG mates in stock and after being on hold for a short period of time I was told that they did. I guess they just got the case. When I finally got there all I could find was three packs of terminator. Then my fiance found all twelve of them on the Star Trek endcap. Needless to say I purchased eleven of them without a secomd thought.

I am just crazy happy to finally have them, and even more happy to have found them myself (something about the 'hunt' for toys that I like). One thing that kinda sucked but was awesome at the same time was there was no Marvel mates at the store. Looks like they are selling there just fine.

Sorry to any collectors around Clay who were looking for these. The only pack left is the Adama/Cylon pack.

Then my fiance found all twelve of them on the Star Trek endcap. Needless to say I purchased eleven of them without a secomd thought.

I am just crazy happy to finally have them, and even more happy to have found them myself (something about the 'hunt' for toys that I like). One thing that kinda sucked .....

Firstly ,I am more than pleased that you have these but I am a bit confused who found them? Did you find them or did your fiance find them ?

Please check my unedited version of the events :D

Finally ...& please be very careful ....although I am never judgmental....did your fiance or your fiancee find them?

Then my fiance found all twelve of them on the Star Trek endcap. Needless to say I purchased eleven of them without a secomd thought.

I am just crazy happy to finally have them, and even more happy to have found them myself (something about the 'hunt' for toys that I like). One thing that kinda sucked .....

Firstly ,I am more than pleased that you have these but I am a bit confused who found them? Did you find them or did your fiance find them ?

Please check my unedited version of the events :D

Finally ...& please be very careful ....although I am never judgmental....did your fiance or your fiancee find them?

BHM, you crack me up. Love you man :wub: . It should be the two e's I believe. Yeah, I think a girl gets two e's. As for the other part, I would have found them first had she not been staring down spock like he was her personal pleasure slave. :sweat: I like to say I found them, but will give her a little credit by saying she saw them first.

Can I officialling register my complaint about this line?

They aren't selling and are clogging up the pegs alloted to minimates which I suspect is stopping TRU's from putting out new waves of Marvel or finding room for the ghostbusters mini's here!

I bought a set 2 weeks ago and not another single pack has sold since then!

T.

The store a pal of mine visited said that there were more T2, Marvel and GB than BSG stuff. They only had one BSG set left.

Different people like different things....

The store a pal of mine visited said that there were more T2, Marvel and GB than BSG stuff. They only had one BSG set left.

Different people like different things....

Says the Man who has spent the last month bitching he didn't have access to TRU! ;)

T.

The store I was at yesterday was cleaned out of most everything but BSG. However, they had put out 2 cases and there were packs left, so it's not like it was a complete waste of space.

I'm not sure we'll see a 3rd wave or not, but I have no doubt these are selling steadily for TRU.

Since this is basically the new BSG thread i thought i'd post this here:

Anyone going to SDCC should stop by the ENI/Soul Geek booth on the 23rd and 26th to meet Richard Hatch, who will be handing out FREE BSG Minimates!!! Shame; i could go for free mates, BSG, and meeting Rich.

Just a little heads up. Full detatils at TNI:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=212&itemid=14730

So is anyone as happy as me that by the end of the month, hopefully, we will finally have all the skin jobs! It totally excites me to finally have almost every main character from my favorite show!!! :thumbsup:

Absolutely, and not too far away vehicles for our pilots to, well...pilot! Of course this relief has now given way to dreaming-up ideas for yet more BSG 'mates I'd like to see, though it seems doubtful that we will get anything beyond these 2 (+ flyers) waves. I was really hopeful that we'd possibly hear/see something on the future of BSG (especially given that the guard for the lab playset bore some striking similarities to a Colonial Marine), but the subject didn't seem to come-up.

Aside from a Colonial Marine/ "red stripe" Cylon army-builder, I have a few more characters I'd like to see that would most certainly kill the franchise as they are really not that interesting in appearance: Billy, Eloysha, Jammer (yellow jumper with the helmet we never got with Tyrol or Cally), etc. (for example).

More importantly, I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't go with the more prevalent Viper Mk. II (since they apparently started from scratch after C3 was cancelled). A second Series of vehicles (if possible) would satisfy this if they went with a "Cylon War" theme and released:

Col. Mk. II Viper w/ "Husker" update (hated that box set fat-face)

"Guardian" Cylon Raider w/ "Razor" Cylon pilot (he could even be gold to command the 2 non-removable pilot heads)

Of course, we (or at least I) would be crying that we don't have a Raptor for our vehicle-specific pilots. This would be quite an endeavor though, as it would have to be large enough to accommodate at least 2-3 minimates to work. They weren't necessarily that much longer than a Viper, just wider (which would suit the super-deformed 'mate style pretty well IMO). Perhaps a bottom section with integrated interior sculpts attached to a top section, opening canopy and side-door/s (with "Racetrack" and "Skulls" exclusives!) would be the most (cost) effective way to achieve this for say $30 retail. I'd buy at least two! :D

According to the Minimate panel at SDCC, DST would happily consider releasing a Mark II miniflyer if the first waves sold well enough. Still odd that they didn't go with it from the beginning though; I'm guessing they used the newer Viper model because they were *trying* to bank on the later seasons' appeal. Eh, still don't get it.

NorthRaider, I think it is more that they already had a prototype made and it would be a lot cheaper to go with what they already made then to sculpt something from scratch. Like the whole TRU BSG line are based off of old sculpts (the canceled waves). Hopefully these lines are selling well enough to get more ships and new characters. Time will tell I guess.

Already sculpted circa this photo:

I think it is from the NY Toyfair 2007. But I am not quite sure.

Edited by pickle

@ pickle:

The same year I think also showed a Mark II prototype. There were pics here.

DST already had sculpts for both Vipers, it basically boiled down to choosing which one would go into the first wave. They might have chose the newer Viper because the Mark II was still "tied" to the classic BSG line.

Edited by NorthRaider

I know what you are saying NorthRaider. But to be real to the RDM series of BSG, they would need to make a new sculpt Mark II. Here are some pics to show what I mean.

TOS Viper:

The Mini-flyer

RDM Viper:

The lines on the Classic Viper are far too sharp compared to what the re-imagined series Mark II would look like. I would feel cheated out if when I went to buy a RDM Viper Mark II, I end up walking away with an original series Viper in its place. I would rather have an accurate sculpt for my collectibles.

I may be being a little too geek about this though.