UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Back from the dead!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This wave has had more twists to it than the last season of BSG. Here's the timeline:

I ordered a set of series 2 months ago.

As they show up in stock, my Ellen/Simon become cancelled because they're out of stock (which is verified by customer service).

Two days later, Ellen/Simon are back in stock and I receive a notification that my Athena/Cylon set are shipping.

Today, I receive a package with Athena/Cylon and, wait for dramatic pause, an Ellen/Simon pack.

I am thankful, yet very confused. Now I have to figure out if they charged me for it.

Same deal here - the Cancelled Ellen & Simon set were nebulously included in the package with Athena & the Cylon.

Go figure.

Edited by captain_cbecker

I hit 5 TRUs today with no luck on these but I did find some DC Classics wave 9 and two Bullseye/Moonstone packs.

Woah!! DC Classics Wave 9 is already out?! When was this announced?!?!?! This is the wave i'm looking forward to the most (besides the GL one) because Black Canary and Green Arrow are just awsome!! It's amazing you found them at a TRU even this early on, too; mine only stock IHs.

In other words, where the hell do you live?! :lol:

Oh, and i just don't get it. Somehow i got both my packages (so far) in envelopes, one of which was ran over by my brother, and both Minimate "cartons" were completely, 100% in-tact!! I expected crushed packages...so this was weird... :blink:

I'm just outside of Detroit. I wasn't expecting to find them. I don't even have all of wave 8 yet.

Hmm...Michigan...that isn't too far from Jersey i suppose...i guess i'll see them at my LCS in a week or two. Andi know what you mean about Wave 8; Giganta has been the only Collect and Connect that i've wanted so far, and i missed Hawkgirl and Commander Steel (luckily...or UNluckily, TRU.com has Steel for $12...). Chemo being the second that i've wanted, and since i love Canary and Arrow, i plan on getting these as soon as i see them.

Thanks for the heads up. :blush:

I'm just outside of Detroit. I wasn't expecting to find them. I don't even have all of wave 8 yet.

DUDE! Which TRU???, I need Deadshot, any chance you left him on the peg for me? :D

Westland. All they had was a Guardian, a Mantis, and two Black Adams.

It's kind of hard to complain when they screw up like that, isn't it?

Well - considering that they charged me for it (even though it was "cancelled") and now I've paid to have a 2nd set shipped (which is too far along in the process to cancel) - I'd say I got mildly hosed on the shipping charges... otherwise, I'm happy that I'm so close to having my BSG mates complete (except miniflyers). The last pair of 2-packs is in the mail as we speak.

Sadly - even though these seem to be moving out of the warehouse and off the shelves at a decent pace, I'm thinking this is the last of the BSG waves - I can't imagine TRU going for bunches of secondary & tertiary characters. As it is, I expect that an additional wave of 10 will only bring about 5-6 new characters - with each 2-pack being anchored with another cylon or one of the primary characters( that we already have) to insure more broad based sales. Hopefully the flyers will do well enough that maybe a MK2 or raptor will be part of the plan before this license ends

Westland. All they had was a Guardian, a Mantis, and two Black Adams.

The only figures I wouldn't have picked up if I saw 'em. :(

Shit happens!

you...you don't want Chemo!! He's big AND translucent!! You bastard!! ;) All joking aside, he IS a cool CnC though. Quite frankly, if it weren't for him, i'd only buy Dinah and Ollie. I missed Shazam so i don't need Adam, Mantis never appealed to me, even in the JLU line, i've only ever heard Deadshot's name...like twice...same goes for Guardian -2, and Wildcat i would have only considered buying because of the JLU episode where it shows him as Canary's "mentor." Hell, if it weren't for Giganta, i'd only buy Gentleman Ghost, Vigilante, and Dr. Fate. Damn these CnC's being so good AND some essential to an olden-times Legion of Doom!! the 2-figure-increase in the waves, and now the price increase, really isn't helping. :angry:

Anywho, i agree with Cap'n CB; if we were gonna see any more out of this TRU deal, we probably would have already. Hell, we saw Wave 2 at the same time as 1. Unless we have a Raptor or Viper coming, i think the deal is pretty much over after the minifliers land (oh, i made a punny!! :P). It's a darn shame too; i would have killed for the Marine/Red Stripe pack and Marine Six/Marine Baltar pack, not to mention an updated Roslin...oh well. It was a FANTASTIC last ride for the Old Girl, and i'm glad we got to be a part of it; what a way to go. We got all 12 Models in two waves, got updates to those who needed it most, AND are actual seeing Minifliers hit retail; i think that when this line dies, we let it rest in peace and remember the great way it ended!!

So say we all!!!

Chemo is cool, but I don't have the funds to put together a DCUC BAF. I have to save my moneys for wave 11 with Kilowag as he BAF. Now that series, I'll pick up. ;)

BACK ON TOPIC --

I had an employee check the back to see if they had a case of wave 2, as the peg/sticker was already out, and he said that he didn't have them yet, but they were on active transit meaning they are coming in on the next shipment date.

I had been out of the loop on BSG Minimates for a long time and I'm super excited to see the vehicles come out, but I do have one question: has DST/ Art Asylum said anything about the possibility of a Raptor or the Viper Mark II? I hope the Mark VII and Raider sell well enough to justify it.

At SDCC they said that if the other miniflyers sold well then there's a good chance they might release the Mark II next :)

Not sure about the Raptor though, the concern had been over whether it was even possible to translate it into the "super-deformed" style of Minimate vehicles.

You're looking for Minimates on the honeymoon?

Well, when you both collect toys......

They're a keeper. Congrats on your score...both of them! ;)

Haha, if i can somehow get my wife to let me hunt for Minimates when i marry i'll be one very happy (and lucky) man. Of course, then we'll get the TRU exclusive Jean Grey TTA set at 2 per store, won't we?? :rolleyes:

Got my FIVE Athena sets in the mail today. Of course, that means i still have 3 sets (1 Saul, 2 Chief) coming. TRU really needs to step up they're game. Of course, it's good to know that i'm actually getting my stuff, so that's good i guess.

EDIT: Nope!! I didn't realize that UPS delivered the first package, so when the mail came today the rest of the wave came!! Yay!! I can stop worrying now and get ready for GB and Minifliers!!...and the rest of DCUC Giganta...and Chemo...and Kilowog. Dammit.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

well, i guess i got screwed by TRU.com. i received my Athena/Centurion in the mail Saturday (as usual jammed into my mailbox and crushed) but on the invoice it states that the Ellen/Simon pack was included with the shipment. which it wasn't. that line was circled on the invoice as well, which is what most warehouses do when they can't find something. i checked the website and sure enough it says that the Ellen/Simon pack was delivered! so i called customer service and explained the situation. and was told i could re-order the item and i would get 10% off and upgraded shipping. when i told them that the item is out of stock so that doesn't really help me, and i was told that i would have to keep an eye on the item and when it comes back into stock to call them and they will apply the discount. which is total b.s. cause when it comes into stock they will go to back orders which mine will not be treated as.

:angry: