UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Back from the dead!

Not to change the subject, but could i request a few more pics?? Preferably one of Kara standing to get a better view, one of John Cavil, Five, and D'anna. Much appreciated. :)

And i sent a PM to Matt after hearing about the Box Set Exclusives. I really hope that it's some 4-pack released soon, instead of the awful Ult. Avengers hassle. I really want it soon, though, because i planned on ordering the DVD Complete Series tongight from Amazon with 2-day Free Shipping so i could watch Season 3 by Thursday and have a big, 7" Cylon. Damn; DST always finds a way for us to spend hundreds of dollars on Minimates, don't they??

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/forum/v...pic.php?t=14922

"BSG complete dvd box set with exclusive minimates. He said what it was but i missed it."

Maybe he just heard them wrong. As far as I know it is just an action figure. 7" Cylon, but not sure what type of Modern Cylon. Even the teaser pictures of the box set only show an action figure. Minimates would be awesome though.

I live in Bloomington/Normal, IL. I went to our TRU today and got all of Wave 1. I found them in the isle with the Terminator figures. The Star Trek items were the next isle over along with Marvel minimates.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/forum/v...pic.php?t=14922

"BSG complete dvd box set with exclusive minimates. He said what it was but i missed it."

That's got to be some sort of misunderstanding (though I'd love for it to be true) about the DST 7" Cylon. He probably heard that the return of BSG 'mates (TRU's) would coincide with the box sets release (both in July...aprox.). I plan on getting this set anyway, but if by some miracle Minimates were involved I'll definitely hold-out for that promotion!

And i sent a PM to Matt after hearing about the Box Set Exclusives.

And I truly hope you get a response quickly, though I'm taking this rumor with a grain of salt as I'm sure we would have heard something about this earlier (especially if the release date is end of July) if it were true. I just find it inconceivable that news of this wouldn't have been leaked through pre-orders somewhere. I'd sooo love to be wrong about this though! :D

Edited by cdubya

I found a good use for the Apollo head that does not look like Jamie Bamber. Have you guys seen the Starz show Party Down? Well with a a couple pieces from Batcave Bruce Wayne you get the main character Henry.

Are we having fun yet?

PartyDown-1.jpg\

Here is a pic for reference.

Party_Down_Episode_101_2009_685X385.jpg

Aside from eye color it is pretty spot on.

Edited by minimadman

Lots of new DST stuff (Role Play Tricorder, Communicator & Phaser) at my TRU in the SF bay area - but no new mates...

Hey! I just noticed your location we most likely hit up the same TRU's...

EDIT on 6/30: Hey Captain, hit the Concord TRU if you get the chance, they got the BSG wave 1 in (minus the 3 packs I grabbed)

Edited by dr baghead

I found some BSG mates at the TRU in Lewisville, TX (Why didn't I preorder!?)

Got Doral/Stealth C, Cavil/Tylium C, and Apollo/D'Anna

They all look great, but be careful with Apollo's helmet, mine was a bit too tight and took me a good while to get back off.

They all look great, but be careful with Apollo's helmet, mine was a bit too tight and took me a good while to get back off.

I had the same issue. I put his head on D'Anna's body and was able to get the helmet off.

I'm sick of going to Toys R Us. There's still no stock at my local TRU.

I gave-up constantly driving there. While many CS reps. are incompetent, you'd be better off calling in advance to see if they've arrived. I finally got one helpful rep. that informed me that they had just arrived at the warehouse, but have not been issued to my local stores yet. Still, it's good to know that someone in my area will be receiving these very soon; I can relax a bit and save some gas.

I'm sick of going to Toys R Us. There's still no stock at my local TRU.

I know, right? It's exactly what corporate wants us desperate toy hunters to be doing, in the hopes we'll break down and buy something else. But I think the actual store staff is getting a little sick of seeing me every other day... :)

It's funny to see the disparity between different stores in the same geographical area. There are 2 stores in Richmond, VA. Both stores got 1 case each of the BSG mates last Wednesday. The one from which I picked up my set had not gotten any of the series 2 Marvel mates, the other store got their's when other stores first started getting them in. Now, a week later, the store that I didn't get the BSG mates from still has the entire case hanging on a single peg, about as high up as you can get up the merchandise display, above the other figures.

Maybe the people who want them can't reach them? I find it hard to believe that I'm the ONLY person in the area that collects these.

I'm also getting really isck of going. I mean, i never went into TRU, unless it was for a cousins birthday, after i turned 10. And here i am, 16, going right back in. It's really awkward; i'm usually thinking "okay, let's see. No one staring at the tennager going into the toy store to buy a lot of action figures?? No?? Whew; let's make this fast." Can't imagine what it's like for all of you. :lol:

Well, i usually get things one-two weeks after they're posted (which is unfair, but i digress :P), so Friday may in fact be the day i get the perfect Minimate; D'anna, for those not following TTF's posts. :thumbsup: I have really high hopes for Friday, besides her, though. Hopefully they get in another case of Marvel Wave 3, which i can grab a BE/MS from, buy almost-every pack of BSG (yes, i army-build a lot. Sue me for stopping other people for buying all but a Starbuck and Adama; i want BSG warfarers!!), and then go next door to Blockbuster and rent Fanboys. :lol:

I expect a good day.

Now, a week later, the store that I didn't get the BSG mates from still has the entire case hanging on a single peg, about as high up as you can get up the merchandise display, above the other figures.

Maybe the people who want them can't reach them? I find it hard to believe that I'm the ONLY person in the area that collects these.

I'll take a set, if you could pick them up for me. I have paypal

:)

I found a good use for the Apollo head that does not look like Jamie Bamber. Have you guys seen the Starz show Party Down? Well with a a couple pieces from Batcave Bruce Wayne you get the main character Henry.

Are we having fun yet?

PartyDown-1.jpg\

or derek from step brothers :biggrin:

Are we having fun yet?

PartyDown-1.jpg\

or derek from step brothers :biggrin:

I choose Party Down because he is hilarious on that show. He was a total douche on Stepbrothers.

I found these yesterday in Lafayette, IN. They were in the Star Trek section, and I almost missed them. I didn't have money for all of them, so I bought Adama/D'Anna & Cavil/Tylium Cylon cuz they only had one of each left. I left behind 3 Adama/Cylon, 2 Starbuck/Leoben & 2 Doral/Stealth Cylon sets. Hope they have them left when I get paid tomorrow!

tony

They're on shelves in Greenville, NC. They're on one of the Marvel Minimate pegs, to be precise. Seeing that I've already bought just about all of these I'll ever need from the website, I imagine a great deal of my store's excess stock will be making the voyage to Limited Edition so some of our overseas friends can have a shot at them.

That's funny because I was just up there on Saturday and bought the same two sets (they were extras for me). I don't go to that TRU much, but I didn't realize I had some Minimate competition there. :P

Atleast it's friendly competition! ;) I check the place out a couple of times a week after classes. I'm just hoping to get the new Marvel set soon!

Edited by dark knight

Just back from TRU... nothing in the McF/DST catchall aisle. I was about to leave (yes, pouting, huffing and stomping my feet), when I spotted a freshly stocked endcap full of the little buggers! Right next to some kind of portable karaoke CD player for girls. Why didn't I look there first?

Sadly, Moonstone and Bullseye still elude me. Damn, now I'm starting to freak out.

That's funny because I was just up there on Saturday and bought the same two sets (they were extras for me). I don't go to that TRU much, but I didn't realize I had some Minimate competition there. :P

Atleast it's friendly competition! ;) I check the place out a couple of times a week after classes. I'm just hoping to get the new Marvel set soon!

I usually go to Indianapolis (i'm about half way in bwtween) but feel more inclined to leave Lafayette to you know.