UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

'versers and their avatars

Bob Harris

Bob Harris, 7 Samurai is one of the best movies ever made (IMO).

In terms of Kurosawa films I've always been partial to Rashomon, but Seven Samurai is, no doubt, one of his masterpieces.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought it would be cool if everyone changed their avatars to one of the Lantern Corps from Blackest night to show which side they're on

A lovely idea, except that I don't even read Blackest Night. (I compare this to something like the Civil War banners trend a few years back.)

Although I will admit that I was mighty amused by the rash of Make Kang!-related avatars (and running gags :blink: ) that started emerging sometime during the Wave 25-26 28 reveals. Not that I wish to emulate this... my forum title should be enough. :D

I was quite fond of whoever had this Civil War Banner:

post-2737-1243900207_thumb.jpg

Kudos to whoever made this one!

I've had a least 4 now,

let see

first one was: torment spidey fondling that anime girl toy i have

second one: those sweet black and white neca ninja turtle figures

third one: in response to everyone posting "make kang", I thought it be funny to have a "Make Krang", from the TMNT

fourth: In blackest day, in brightest night,

Beware your fears made into light

Let those who try to stop what's right,

Burn like his power... Sinestro's might!

Crap, I've had a lot of avitars!

1st:That Slipknot one

2nd: Deathstroke

3rd: THe other Slipknot one, the .gif

4th: The NIN symbol

5th: Ultimate Thor

I feel like I've had another one in between the .gif and NIN, but I don't remember...

and now,t-800 which i wil kep forevr

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure. :rolleyes:

Nah, just playin' ;)

We should pick a day where everybody has the same avatar, just to see how confusing everything gets.

Maybe we can set aside a sort of MMMV-exclusive "holiday" for this, like a non-douchebag version of April Fool's Day.

Heck, we should organize a whole slew of "MMMV fun days." Whatever happened to that Minimate Day idea proposed a while back?

I was quite fond of whoever had this Civil War Banner:

post-2737-1243900207_thumb.jpg

Kudos to whoever made this one!

That was CloneMe who sported that sig image.

i had ALOT of avatars(these arent in order)

evil dead

demetri martin logo

mad hatter

scorpion

endoskeleton

iron man

transformers

You ARE Clayface after all. You're supposed to change your appearance occasionally.

i had ALOT of avatars(these arent in order)

evil dead

demetri martin logo

mad hatter

scorpion

endoskeleton

iron man

transformers

You ARE Clayface after all. You're supposed to change your appearance occasionally.

HOLY CRAP I AM CLAYFACE ;):woot:

I could have an avatar image of Don and it'd work.

I do know that he isn't just joking. :ohmy: Beware Don!

Trust me, you don't want my ugly, mutt face as an avatar. I'm actually shocked my wife wanted to have a baby with me, knowing this guys :lol:

What is it with all those changing avatars lately?

Is that a trend? Is NorthRaider getting rid of her Fawkes mask, UK's Minifiend loosing his dancing Nancy Callahan, Aapje his Deadpool custom, Cappy his little green blank mate, Winkerbean his Pennywise, Hulk197 his Hulk#197, Webhead a random Webhead, Shamrock his Red Son Batman or (OMG! :ohmy: ) Shanester drops his Mego Astronaut soon? Just to name a few.

Some avatars are somehow legendary. I do identify most fellow 'versers by those tiny pics you all have and you get used to. And you can't just drop them like a b-movie star trashes his old face after a plastic surgery.

:confused:

Heh, mine isnt going anywhere, even if i wanted to.

Everytime i attempt to do that i wake up the next morning with a huge headache and the avatar is changed back...guess he has a mind of his own, or i shouldnt crawl behind the pc drunk :P

I have to admit that after changing my avatar, I'm confusing myself. I keep wanting to insult posts with a Deadpool avatar and then realize it was really my post. If I weren't so lazy, I'm sure I'd have stolen another changed my avatar by now. Maybe I'll chaNge avataRs tomorrow.

I think trekker 42 has the funniest avatar :D

I second that. I think I even told him as soon as I saw it.

I think you did actually...

A long time ago in a thread far far buried.

Or in a deleted PM...

I miss Rad's monkey. I always felt safe knowing that monkey was watching over the boards.

i've been posting since 2006, albeit with long stretches of absence inserting throughout... but still. I haven't changed my avatar once in that time. not for any particular reason though... my pic is just weird and I know no one else will have it. lol so that's all I have to say, though I do agree with bob on this one... I do pay a bit more attention to avatar than screen name