UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AFX's 4th SDCC '09 Exclusive - can you guess what it is?

Jad

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm convinced this set is Power Pack.

God no, I'd kill myself.

Well, can't Gargan make the tail come and go as he pleases, if I'm remembering things correct. I can't see it being Swordsman, since I would imagine he'd also have a sculpted helmet.

I thought it might be Swordsman too, but, to use your logic on Scorpion/Venom, AFX would show off his sword.

I don't think so. Hercules will come with his mace, but it's not shown on the picture. Scorpion's tail however would be, I guess.

I can't see it being Swordsman, since I would imagine he'd also have a sculpted helmet.

I thought about that as well, but it would only have minor detail and for that it might be the shadow picture that doesn't show off those details in that angle.

Who else would fit in a box set with Radioactive Man and Penance? The ones I mentioned above - aside Venom instead of Swordsman being the one on the right - don't fit those characteristics.

I also tried to outline the four figures, since it's pretty distractive. The sculpted head and those mighty boots the mate on the bottom should help us to figure this one out, right?

post-2080-1239971257_thumb.jpg

Okay I will through my hat and two cents in...

Penance for top middle is a lock.

The bulky one on the left could be Radioactive man or Headsman (He too, has a hood and something strapped to his back.)

The Right most character could be Paladin, Swordsman, Nightwawk, or Atlas.

The front middle could be Black WidowII(She is the current leader and we just got the other BW), or Green Goblin unmasked (the only "Target Exclusive" we have yet to get.)

Bob, I had thought paladin also, but also thought it could be Nighthawk. It's the stuff between his arms and chest that make me think it's some sort of cape or wings or something.

And I'm starting to think the one in front could easily be Mac Gargan Venom. I can't wait to see that we're all wrong.

the front one could be songbird but with her hair in a ponytail

I thought that too.

I guess I'm the only one that really dislikes Penance and would be super, super disappointed to get a Minimate of him. Speedball forever!

Thunderbolts. Dear God let this be Thunderbolts!!! I'd love a Penance. And the spiked helmet does give me hope, I could live without a Radioactive Man, but I hope we get Penance. Maybe the larger guy is Gargan?

i think its gargan,but then the head is too plain,like they would put a helmet on him if it was venom/gargan

I don't see why there is a discussion either. It is clear as day that the mates in this set are as follows:

Arnim Zola

Baron Zemo

Ultimate Arnim Zola

Purple man

And yeah, Penance is not cool. He may have a neat new costume and hang out with cool villains, but he is still speedball under the costume. And speedball is a bumbling idiot and he caused the civil war.

Edited by arnim zola

I think they will call this a Thunderbolts set and will have a mix of former cast:

Top - Penance

Left - Radioactive Man

Right - Beetle

Bottom - Baron Helmut Zemo

I agree with ALL of these EXCEPT Beelte. I think, knowing AFX, we'd see wings. It might be Gargan, but i'd rather see Paladin. I think it's Atlas. Which'll suck.

I love how we all disregarded the fact that Zemo was the original "leader" of the team. I mean really?? He wore a jacket, had a "sculpted" helmet, and has been on our effing wish lists for a LONG time. This is looking to be a more-classic team, so he was obvious.

I don't know about Penance. Why would the spikes not be on the left side of his head? And the one with a cape/wings doesn't make any sense.

I could see a War of the Kings set out of this too, as it is the companion crossover to Dark Reign right now. The one one the right could be Black Bolt or Darkhawk. The one on the right could be Ronan the Accuser, and would explain the shoulderpads. The one on the bottom could be anybody, and the top...Starlord, maybe?

Knock it off guys. You're just gonna hurt his feelings and make him bash his head against the wall again...

lol, but he's gotta' do deep stuff!!! Honestly, I think he's damn cool character. He has one of the best costume designs ever.

Cwfrontline10.PNG

As much as I sympathize with the guy, that last panel was the last straw for me. "Their blood is on my hands, I'll feel their pain every time I throw a punch"? Okay, even I found this kind of silly-sounding. Does that make me a bad person? :unsure:

I agree with ALL of these EXCEPT Beelte. I think, knowing AFX, we'd see wings. It might be Gargan, but i'd rather see Paladin. I think it's Atlas. Which'll suck.

I love how we all disregarded the fact that Zemo was the original "leader" of the team. I mean really?? He wore a jacket, had a "sculpted" helmet, and has been on our effing wish lists for a LONG time. This is looking to be a more-classic team, so he was obvious.

The one on the right is the real mystery. It really looks to me like he has a half cape or some type of wings.

Of all the Thunderbolts, Penance and Zemo are the most recognizable so I'm fairly certain they would be included. Who else?

Maybe Atlas, but I would think they would use "duck feet" as part of the design.

I think the person on the RIGHT is flying. Look at the position of the feet. This is what they do with flying characters.

Edited by Jatta Pake

Look at the position of the feet. This is what they do with flying characters.

Haha, didn't realize that Ahhnuld, Sarah, Miles, or T-800s could fly. :P

You'll believe a robot can fly...

I definitely agree with that the two on the left look like Penance and Radioactive Man. No idea who the two on the right are though. In any case, I really need Songbird and Moonstone to go with them. Come on DST, more Thunderbolts!

This may be my favorite set to date if we're getting all thunderbolts. Hopefully we get Swordsman in this set, as I don't see him getting made in a regular wave (whereas Zemo, Atlas, and some of the others seem more likely).