UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

Someone posted a photo of the AA Stay Puft bank and it had a black blank MiniMate inside with the GB logo on the torso. Hmmm?

Do you have a link to the picture? I hope the Previews released versions are the same. Would be nice if I don't need to shell out eBay money for one of those suckers :)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one item I've heard zilch about is the Amazon set......anything on how to get these?

They weres supposed to be at the show and in Augusts Previews...

Either that you you could send me $130 and I'll send you a set and some random videogame ;)

T.

The black minimate with the Ghostbusters logo is the free figure people got when buying Ghostbusters merchandise at the Diamond booth from 'Con.

Diamond also had plenty of the Amazon boxed set, which was the only GB item of theirs that didn't sell out, so they should be available through Previews soon.

The black minimate with the Ghostbusters logo is the free figure people got when buying Ghostbusters merchandise at the Diamond booth from 'Con.

Right, but the post from Paul suggested to me that a blank might be included inside the Stay Puft banks. If true, there could be an off chance that these blanks would also be released in the Previews-distributed banks. A long shot, but since I'm getting a bank anyway, I hope he comes with a Minimate present inside his tummy.

Right, but the post from Paul suggested to me that a blank might be included inside the Stay Puft banks. If true, there could be an off chance that these blanks would also be released in the Previews-distributed banks. A long shot, but since I'm getting a bank anyway, I hope he comes with a Minimate present inside his tummy.

The GhostBusters Stay Puft Tummy Bank Black Blank .......try saying that after a couple of brews.

"I hope he comes with a Minimate present inside his tummy" :lol: I don't know why but that just sounds....er...odd?

"I hope he comes with a Minimate present inside his tummy" :lol: I don't know why but that just sounds....er...odd?

Sometimes I wonder this about random people walking down the street. Who knows who may or may not have a Minimate somewhere in their digestive tract. Unfortunately, I rarely have a scalpel/exacto knife with me during those moments to find out for sure, so I'm usually left frustrated for the not knowing. :confused:

Went to my TRU today and they only had the Slimer pack and the Terror Dog pack, the store was extremely picked over. I'm still trying to find the Librarian Ghost.

The store did have like 20 BSG sets,though... :blink:

The one item I've heard zilch about is the Amazon set......anything on how to get these?

It's in the August Previews - I printed the form and dropped it off at my LCS this weekend.

(funny that these haven't shown up on eBay like the other GB SDCC merch and freebies)

Don't be surprised if you start seeing them pop up in comic stores across the internet. The floor vendors at the con we're all selling these for about 15, making me wonder why I had to pay 16 (the website said they'd be 20!). At least I got the promo, boo-yah!

Any 'ectoplasmic' figures ,that we might get ,just cry out for photoluminescent plastic/paint to be used.

I totally agree Ivan.

Stunning pictures as per usual. Thankyou.

Amazon set :Anybody else noticed the re-use of certain 'Mates almost in their entirety, repainted? Am I seeing Phoenix & Abomination ? Perhaps.

Great pics. I love the over-sized head used in the Amazon set. That wasn't in the prototype pictures.

On a related note, the series 2 pre-orders disappeared from TRUs website today. I also received an e-mail stating the items were backordered. I'll be calling them to see what that means, but I'm real tired of companies telling me my preorder is backordered.

On a related note, the series 2 pre-orders disappeared from TRUs website today. I also received an e-mail stating the items were backordered. I'll be calling them to see what that means, but I'm real tired of companies telling me my preorder is backordered.

I noticed this too and got the same email. Let us know what you find out.

BS

Great pics. I love the over-sized head used in the Amazon set. That wasn't in the prototype pictures.

I got the notice too - but if you read the e-mail, it suggests that shipment is delayed, and not really backordered. I'm wondering of this is just DST missing their street date and TRU sending out notice.

QUOTE (Donny B @ Aug 1 2009, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had written down September 6th as the release date for these... granted, that was when I first made the preorder. I don't know if the date got changed at all since then

I had checked the release date just a few days ago, and it was still 9/6. I also called customer service, and they said that they would need to contact the wharehouse to find out why a preorder item was on backorder. The girl I spoke with thought it was strange too. I will hopefully get an email explaining it soon

BS

love that glowing Stay Puft! its gonna take forever for him to get to me, i ordered from Entertainmentearth and my series one box set still hasnt arrived!

And ive gotta get one of those promo mates...the torso will make a cool undershirt for Ray or something

Edited by featofstrength