UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

T-2: Wave 1 announced!

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm liking the designs, and especially that we And i suppose it's safe to assume now he's called Flashback Terminator, and if he is that's a little sad. Leave him as Terminator and he'll sell.

He is called Flashback Terminator because he never wore that outfit in the film. It was only shown in pictures from the first Terminator movie, which is probably how they were able to sneak this version into the T2 license.

Edited by luke314pi

Flashback Terminator = sneaky! Wasn't there a T2 deleted scene with Sarah in her waitress uniform from T1? That'd be a great way to get a waitress Sarah.

I am sure now that they are thinking ahead.

My custom Jesse the Body figure from Predator has been sitting here for almost a year just waiting for that gun to complete him. I tried a few other guns and tried to custom make the Vulcan that he uses in the movie, but it was too fragile. Now I won't have to worry :)

Either another wave is already planned, or the T-1000 has some awesome swappable pieces.

I too think there is another wave planned.

"Along the way we also tried to have a unique character who interacts with the main cast in various scenes, hence the inclusion of some fan favorites we have yet to unveil."

It's gotta be that dude from Salute Your Shorts. No Terminator experience is complete without him.

Flashback Terminator = sneaky! Wasn't there a T2 deleted scene with Sarah in her waitress uniform from T1? That'd be a great way to get a waitress Sarah.

Yep. Old Sarah is watching Young Sarah play at the park just before they both get nuked.

I don't understand why the necessity to have EVERYTHING in here from T2? What's wrong with T1 and T3 figures being labeled under T2. No one will care.

BAF HK... BAF HK... BAF HK...

Frak this line.

I'm sure it's not one or the other, but I'm kind of tired of new licenses coming when they're dropping others without finishing them. I just can't get excited for these new lines much anymore. Here we have T2, something I would have been hyped about before, but I'm on the fence about getting them or passing entirely.

Does anyone think this will be any different? Looking into my magic crystal ball (appropriately named "past performance"), I see this line going for one or two waves, having more solicited only to be dropped while another new line is announced (Heroes finally? Aliens? Who knows?).

I guess I just feel burned by BSG and Trek, and still feel scarred by some other lines like DC (which I know was a DCD decision, but it still hurts).

Frak this line.

I'm sure it's not one or the other, but I'm kind of tired of new licenses coming when they're dropping others without finishing them. I just can't get excited for these new lines much anymore. Here we have T2, something I would have been hyped about before, but I'm on the fence about getting them or passing entirely.

Does anyone think this will be any different? Looking into my magic crystal ball (appropriately named "past performance"), I see this line going for one or two waves, having more solicited only to be dropped while another new line is announced (Heroes finally? Aliens? Who knows?).

I guess I just feel burned by BSG and Trek, and still feel scarred by some other lines like DC (which I know was a DCD decision, but it still hurts).

I doubt this will end up the same, because this property, unlike the others mentioned, has less necessarry characters. In fact, if that T-100 comes with a spare torso, I'll be perfectly happy if this is all we get.

i dont normally get movie mates even the marvel ones but these look awsome just a great licence ive shown these pics to a few friends of mine who dont collect mates many hadn't even heard of them till i started collecting and even they said they would get them although i think a boxed set may grab the casual collector than two packs :D

i dont normally get movie mates even the marvel ones but these look awsome just a great licence ive shown these pics to a few friends of mine who dont collect mates many hadn't even heard of them till i started collecting and even they said they would get them although i think a boxed set may grab the casual collector than two packs :D

Jeez gledzee, ever hear of punctuation? :biggrin:

Count me among those who would be happy with one wave, very pleased with a wave and the singles, and ecstatic to see two waves. That would be plenty.

Hmm...since we're talking about it:

I can see three waves; one for each film. Out of order?? Yeah, and that's a shame...The singles should only be made ONCE (an area BSG failed), and then go for a box set for the supporting cast of IMPORTANT characters or variations that would sell to the mass market and a retailer exclusive. Or two. But it should stop there. I'd hate to see DST abuse the line and run it to the ground with more unneeded character variations and crap.

I can see three waves; one for each film. Out of order?? Yeah, and that's a shame...The singles should only be made ONCE (an area BSG failed), and then go for a box set for the supporting cast of IMPORTANT characters or variations that would sell to the mass market and a retailer exclusive. Or two. But it should stop there. I'd hate to see DST abuse the line and run it to the ground with more unneeded character variations and crap.

Make that four waves, including the play at Universal Studios Theme Park XP

Make that four waves, including the play at Universal Studios Theme Park T4 XP

Fixed.

Hate to brake it to yall. The right to the Terminator movies and the rights to SCC are not the same. Different people, different companies.

True, but I think this is true for the Terminator movies as well - just look at the DVD rights. Given the variety of releases and companies, I'm pretty sure they are fairly jumbled up as well.

Hate to brake it to yall. The right to the Terminator movies and the rights to SCC are not the same. Different people, different companies.

True, but I think this is true for the Terminator movies as well - just look at the DVD rights. Given the variety of releases and companies, I'm pretty sure they are fairly jumbled up as well.

Hmm, so maybe only T1 ad T2, but no rights to T3, T4 or SCC?

Still, someone give be a printable decal rendition on this.

I'm a little confused as to what movie the "flashback" T-800 is from?

Now i do know it's a T2 wave, but the reason i ask is because i can't remember Arnie wearing brown trousers in T2.

I think brown trousers are more of a 80's look... ie Terminator 1.

Also, any idea's how the sunglasses will attach to that figure?

I figured they'd be attached to the hair like the Blade minimate, but judging by the new picture on AA's site, that can only be the case if they give us 2 hair pieces.

post-1597-1233022488_thumb.jpg post-1597-1233022380_thumb.jpg

I'm a little confused as to what movie the "flashback" T-800 is from?

Now i do know it's a T2 wave, but the reason i ask is because i can't remember Arnie wearing brown trousers in T2.

I think brown trousers are more of a 80's look... ie Terminator 1.

Its kind of cheating - Arnie was only in this outfit in the black & white photos they showed Sarah Connor at the hospital. But I won't tell if you won't. ;)