UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

T-2: Wave 1 announced!

so what aisle did you see these in? I totally forgot to look and only checked the marvel aisle for the marvel minimates.

I assume they are with the other Terminator toys?

Edited by Webhead

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some friend and me took a spur of the moment trip down to Syracuse, NY today and scoped out the local TRU. Plenty of Playmates T4 stuff, but when I gave the TRU lady the UPC code for the mates, she said they were in the system, but not in stock. Swing and a miss!

Edited by MINI_MYTE

My local TRU had one of those sheets posted up that shows the crew how to Lay out the displays. And Terminator Minimates were right there on the page, two pegs reserved for them. So, displayed with the other Terminator stuff, as TM2 says. Not in stock yet, but on their way!

Ironically, the fact that this pack is a PX exclusive gives me even MORE hope I'll be able to get my hands on Reese. (For some mildly backward reason I've been able to acquire a fair number of these Preview packs locally... then again this is assuming our shops will even stock the T2 minimates... :()

Eeesh. Not necessarily good news for me. Hoping I can get one online, because my comic shop has been very unpredictable in terms of Minimate releases. I need that Kyle Reese.

--edit: as I look back at my BBTS pre-order, Reese is there, but "Biker" T-800 is not. I'm hoping that the "exclusive" part is T-800, though it would be pretty strange, considering this is the most "basic" Terminator 2 Terminator)--

Edited by karamazov80

5 days till they come out in TRU! My local comic shop did not order these (in Scarsdale NY), he only orders superhero minimates...altho he carries the Star Trek ones, which I am grateful I am not interested in.

This release is def confusing tho, I can't really figure out who is supposed to be where besides the few that TRU has on their site. Same thing happened with the wolvie wave--they only showed a few from the site, and then magically the whole wave eventually showed up 2 days before the movie came out. hopefully they do come out in time to attend the movie LOL.

I'm guessing ever since final battle Sarah Connor and John Connor were yanked from wave one this is how the cases will break down.

TRU case

T-800 Terminator & Endoskeleton T-800 x4

Final Battle T-800 & T-1000 x4

Assault Gear T-800 and SWAT guy (TRU exclusive) x4

Comic Book Shops

T-800 Terminator & Endoskeleton T-800 x4

Final Battle T-800 & T-1000 x4

Biker T-800 & Kyle Reese (previews exclusive) x4

Correct me if I'm wrong, but DST has gone on the record with these case corrections. There will be no variant in the case. These little guys are due to hit stores any week now and the PX exclusive T-800 and Reese has yet to be solicited in an issue of previews (kinda late to do it now). Comic book shops are still getting cases in and if I'm right, T-800 and Reese will be part of it.

Maybe DST Matt can shed some light on the matter if he's lurking around.

Hmm, I was thinking that the "previews exclusive" pack would be a "stand-alone" similar to the zombie IM/Black Panther or USAgent/Taskmaster, but you are suggesting that it will simply be one of the packs received in the regular cases that comic shops/e-tailers receive? Then, the only thing making it "exclusive" to Previews is that it is not being released at TRU, even though the only thing making TRU "exclusives" is that they are not released to comic shops?

Seems like an artificial way to try and build hype for something, if true.

Edited by karamazov80

i am also confused when are these coming out?

when are the singles coming out?

what about the box sets?

i thought LCS and Tru would have different sections. NO? only one pack different.

Final Battle T-800 & T-1000 look stupid, sorry don't make the list.

I'm... confused. What happened to the single figure case? :huh:

The single packs are still coming. They have totally different figures than anything else. The only repeat is the basic T-800 endoskeleton. Its the specialty store packs that are confusing.

Maybe this will clear things up. It's an ad from the latest issue of ToyFare:

Prepare for the coming Judgment Day with the debut series of Terminator 2 Minimates! This assortment includes the Final Battle T-800 with Final Battle T-1000, Biker T-800 with Kyle Reese, and Flashback Terminator with Endoskeleton! Each two-inch Minimate feature removable and interchangeable parts as well as 14 points of articulation so be sure to collect them all before Skynet gets its hands on them! Also available are single pack figures of the Half-Human Terminator, Silver T-1000, General John Connor, Endoskeleton, and a Battle-Damaged Endoskeleton!

In stores June 2009!

Available at Toys R Us

The picture showed the SWAT guy with the group, though he wasn't mentioned above. Also, if the Biker T-800 and Kyle Reese are Previews exclusives, how are they available at Toys R Us.

Dammit, I hate time travel!

If there are only 3 "regular" packs being released via Previews, then I wonder how places like BBTS are going to handle this change. I've got the complete set (with variant) pre-ordered, but if there is no variant will they cancel, throw in an extra, random pack, or just charge me less?

If there are only 3 "regular" packs being released via Previews, then I wonder how places like BBTS are going to handle this change. I've got the complete set (with variant) pre-ordered, but if there is no variant will they cancel, throw in an extra, random pack, or just charge me less?

BBTS already e-mailed me and changed my order to reflect the new set of 3. They also lowered the price to $18.99. However, their picture still shows John & Sarah.

BBTS T2 listing

But after looking at both, I'm not sure which Arnie comes with the BBTS set. If it's the same as the PX set or different.

Art Asylum just updated, and has both the Singles and Series 1 shipping on 5/20!

Edited by dark knight

From what I understand, so far we have:

2 pack series, solicited through Previews:

T-800 & Terminator Endoskeleton

Battle Damaged T-800 & T-1000

Previews Exclusive Flashback Terminator & Kyle Reese

single pack series, presumably also available through Previews:

4x Endoskeleton

3x Battle Damaged Endoskeleton

2x Half Human Terminator

2x Silver T-1000

1x General John Connor

as for the TRU wave, only the 3 up for pre-order from TRU.com were announced on the AA blog, so unless Toyfare is correct and the "Preview Exclusive" is included in their lineup somehow (making the "exclusive" label totally meaningless):

TRU 2-pack series (pack:case ratio unknown):

T-800 & Terminator Endoskeleton

Battle Damaged T-800 & T-1000

TRU exclusive Assault Gear T-800 & SWAT Officer

Then of course:

SDCC AFX exclusive Attack on Cyberdyne 4-pack, including:

Sarah Connor (S.W.A.T. Gear)

Terminator (Muscle Shirt)

Miles Dyson

Scorched Endoskeleton

Edited by karamazov80

We don't know yet for sure. The above is based on my best guess, given that BBTS appears only to have 3 sets coming in this wave, and the "Previews exclusive" is amongst them. Based on the way these series have been switching around, however, I wouldn't be shocked if it were to switch up again before all is said and done.