UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Images for wave #25

TBT!

Are all comic shops getting these on the 27th or just the west coast? My LCS (east) doesn't have 'em on his Diamond shipping list for this week, but he's sure he ordered them......mostly 'cause I wouldn't (read: did not stop bugging) let him forget.

East coast is getting both waves for sure this Wednesday (May 27th). Well here in Canada we are. Probably a day later for all you americans celebrating Memorial Day.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East coast is getting both waves for sure this Wednesday (May 27th). Well here in Canada we are. Probably a day later for all you americans celebrating Memorial Day.

So did you get these today MINI_MYTE? The Snail in Toronto said they didn't have them on their Diamond list for this week, so I was thinking maybe the Memorial Day delay to Thursday in the States had pushed them back a week getting up to Canada or something... :huh:

So did you get these today MINI_MYTE? The Snail in Toronto said they didn't have them on their Diamond list for this week, so I was thinking maybe the Memorial Day delay to Thursday in the States had pushed them back a week getting up to Canada or something... :huh:

Yup! The Comic Book Shoppe here in Ottawa got 'em in today. The only downer is that Diamond short shipped them 1 case of wave 25 (which just so happened to be mine). I did manage to see the wave put out on the pegs. The owner said since I'm a "special" customer that I wouldn't mine letting regular customers get first crack at wave 25.

Just between me and you... and well everyone else on the forum... it's killing me to have to wait another week when Diamond ships the back ordered case. I did get my full case of wave 26 though, but I really wanted 25 MORE. :( Here's hoping next Wednesday gets here fast.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

That's... weird. :blink: Maybe they only have half ready to ship out this week for some reason, like one of the boats was late from China or something? Not sure what else would explain your store (good place btw, I started toy collecting because of them, when I was in college out there) having a short order and mine not getting them in at all (they do always get a pretty large order in).

Oh well! Here's hoping Friday gets here fast too, so I can check their ship list for next week...

Yup! The Comic Book Shoppe here in Ottawa got 'em in today. The only downer is that Diamond short shipped them 1 case of wave 25 (which just so happened to be mine). I did manage to see the wave put out on the pegs. The owner said since I'm a "special" customer that I wouldn't mine letting regular customers get first crack at wave 25.

Just between me and you... and well everyone else on the forum... it's killing me to have to wait another week when Diamond ships the back ordered case. I did get my full case of wave 26 though, but I really wanted 25 MORE. :( Here's hoping next Wednesday gets here fast.

Because you're a "special" customer, you should get first crack at them. You're buying a whole set of them. What kind of backwards thinking is that?!

to those that have the sets, Does the reg Ironman come with the nose mask or is it just the variant?

Edited by Leroy

The Snail in Toronto said they didn't have them on their Diamond list for this week, so I was thinking maybe the Memorial Day delay to Thursday in the States had pushed them back a week getting up to Canada or something... :huh:

I went to the Snail Wednesday as well, to find nothing. I guess I'll check my crappy store here in Hamilton. Same thing happened with the Heroes and Villains set last month- Snail didn't get them but my crappy store did get them.

(My local crappy store won't hold MiniMates for me any more. I asked them to hold Marvel, DC, Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek MiniMates for me. But because I didn't buy all the Spider-Man 3 or Hulk movie sets, they're "punishing" me by not holding MimiMates for me anymore... which means I don't get the varients anymore. And it's not like I special ordered them and didn't buy them - then I could understand why they'd be annoyed - but I said "if you get them in, hold them for me... like you do with my comics!" Anywayze, they suck.)

Edited by GregHyland

to those that have the sets, Does the reg Ironman come with the nose mask or is it just the variant?

As explained by AA and the packaging pics we recieved, no, it is only the variant.

Damn. I just checked my local Mall listings for my LCS' number (yes, it resides in a Mall. A Mall that went to hell and lost all it's old stores EXCEPT his. In fact, he just aqcuired one of the biggest spaces in the Mall. Yay Darrel!!), which i got. Then i checked what time the Mall opens. 10. It's effing 9. And 'm in school at 10 today. If he does get these in, i'm screwed; there's a dad/son combo that comes in each day minimates are released to buy 3 full sets. I usually beat them. <_<

woot! My LCS got there mates in! I got ironman (variant and regular) and red skull they are pretty cool:

red scull comes with two sets of outfits his army outfit and a suit also a repainted BSG gun

cap comes with a gun and knife

ironman has his normal blast hand and regular hand

AIM comes with a gun and machine gun (ala war machine shoulder mount)

Variant iron man comes with two masks i cant figure what they are.

i would have posted pictures but my camera run out of batteries, if there is time i will try post some if not you will all have to wait until mini myte shows pity on you.

Man, I went to 3 comic shops on my lunch break and none of them had the new mates in. One shop had the Wolverine movie mates but I already got the ones I wanted from TRU. Oh well, I did finally pick up the Secret Invasion box set from another LCS for $16 so at least I got some new minimates.

Damn. Called the comic shop, and the guy said he doesn't think that he has them. He says he thinks he ordered them, but they may not come in for a couple of weeks :(

C'mon BBTS!!

already got my set... however there is a problem with the head of Ska'ar. i cnt seen to put it on... seems like the chest piece is too thick and is covering the neck part... is everyone experiancing this or is it just me?

I went to the Snail Wednesday as well, to find nothing. I guess I'll check my crappy store here in Hamilton. Same thing happened with the Heroes and Villains set last month- Snail didn't get them but my crappy store did get them.

Got my Villains set there, so they definitely had them, but maybe they sold out really quick or something...

Sucks that you don't like your local, some comic shop owners/employees can be a bit hard to deal with.

[First part of this edited for me apparently being asleep at the keyboard, but the rest still makes sense I think]... I've never noticed mates having this erratic a release before, isn't it usually just west before east, if anything?

Edited by battlecat

might the fact that some people have not gotten them have to do with the east coast/ west coast phenomenon. that being marvel minimates arrive first to the west then move to the east the next week?

I thought so too, but my normal stores (In Chicago) haven't gotten them in yet and don't know when they will come in. though at least two have said they did/will order 'em. and didn't some east coasters get them already (I think?)? Yeah I'm itching for my bucky as Cap and Red Skull. Hope its in soon.

MOTHER FU*&ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

My LCS "forgot" to order wave 25, so yea I am screwed on the variant.

so sad, need beer must drown sorrow Comic shop ordering guy

moc847

There fixed that for you ;)

Doh! man that sucks... If I see a spare anywhere I will let you know!

T.

MOTHER FU*&ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

My LCS "forgot" to order wave 25, so yea I am screwed on the variant.

so sad, need beer must drown sorrow Comic shop ordering guy

moc847

There fixed that for you ;)

Doh! man that sucks... If I see a spare anywhere I will let you know!

T.

Thanks T.

IF anyone has a second set due to buying a case or whatever, please let me know I would be willing to pay cost, shipping and maybe throw in some spare minimates as a thanks

moc847