UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Files minimates???

The latest blog at art asylum's website hints at new minimates for the summer and gives the hint "the truth is out there", which is the tag line from the X-Files. They aren't really going to make X-Files minimates are they? Didn't they already make X-Files PALZ which didn't sell very well and X-Files interest isn't exactly high at this time.

so what do you think? X-Files minimates or does the hint mean something else?

Latest Art Asylum Blog

I think the "the truth is out there" tagline means it probably has to be. and if so I suspect it will make BHM Very happy.

I actually dont beleive he'd give it away that easily... Perhaps he wants to leak it before BBTS does :)

T.

If X-Files mates are on the way, I will forgive DST for not finishing off BSG. "The truth is out there" is almost definitely an X-Files clue, but the other stuff in the article makes it sound a little more exciting than, say, Mulder in a suit.

"...features a unique design which will probably never reappear in any future Minimate waves. It’s so innovative and eye-catching that I just know it will have to become a part of many, many collections and displays."

A unique design that will probably never reappear in any future waves? Hmm. Mulder and Scully are so simple they are almost guaranteed to reappear. But then, there has been soooo much in the X-Files series that would be unique. Aliens, Fluke, two-headed dog, and so much more fit the unique bill. And if X-files mates are in the works and BSG is really cancelled, this might be an opportunity to at least get a good Leoben head.

But then, it was another AA Blog post that got me so very excited to have the rest of the Cylons in minimate form. I don't want to get too worked up only to have another bust.

I can't think of an X-Files character that would require that kind of odd design he's talking about (Tooms maybe?? But would that really be his new favourite minimate?)...

Terminator makes more sense to me, since off the top of my head it could easily be the cop dude melting out of the checkered floor. Which would be a cool 'mate... (and I only think of that because of T. mentioning BBTS leaks -- plus the "truth is out there" that we have a Terminator line coming).

X-Files would be awesome, but I just can't picture him giving away a new line like that...

Edited by battlecat

I think the "the truth is out there" tagline means it probably has to be. and if so I suspect it will make BHM Very happy.

I actually dont beleive he'd give it away that easily... Perhaps he wants to leak it before BBTS does :)

T.

As TBT is aware there is, or perhaps was ,no bigger fan of the X-Files in a world of "biggest X-File fans".....however...

'The truth is out there ' & the 'AA blog' would,unfortunately, seem ill-advised bed-partners of late.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Terminator makes more sense to me, since off the top of my head it could easily be the cop dude melting out of the checkered floor. Which would be a cool 'mate... (and I only think of that because of T. mentioning BBTS leaks -- plus the "truth is out there" that we have a Terminator line coming).

My first thought is that this is what he is referring to (not necessarily melting out of the floor--probably with shotgun blast holes). The actor that played T-1000 (Robert Patrick) was in later episodes of the X-Files.

Edited by karamazov80

My first thought is that this is what he is referring to (not necessarily melting out of the floor--probably with shotgun blast holes). The actor that played T-1000 (Robert Patrick) was in later episodes of the X-Files.

That would be 'Dogget' (Patrick) which would seem logical if we supply 'Minimate cancellation logic'. Battlestar started well with 'Love-it'& Pre-order it followed with the dire box-it with Muffit the Daggit & then just forget it & finally fuck-it <_<

I've got to agree, this is a hint about the upcoming T2 figures. I just can't see them announcing X-Files mates this late in the game, especially since the last movie didn't do so hot.

As far as the unique design, if it is T-1000 melting up out of the floor, wouldn't that be similar to the Spider-Man 3 all-sand Sandman figure? My guess is it's going to be the T-1000 after the grenade blew up in his gut. Oh, by the way, SPOILER ALERT for a 16 year old movie that even my grandmother saw.

T2 makes more sense than X-Files... Especially since it's been leaked already by our spoiler friends at BBTS who seem to get the jump on all the news.

As interesting as X-Files is, it doesn't make sense to try to resurrect the toy line this late after the movie - considering that the 2nd movie tanked and the Palz line wasn't exactly a great seller.

Our recent revelations about BSG, which suggest that these ho-hum(an) characters (along w/ 24 and others) don't do all that hot in the marketplace, aren't consistent with the new release of a line of characters that could be easily confused with a team of auditors, albeit gun-toting auditors with strange alien friends.

The clues from AA were a fun tease though.

I would hope these are not x files, I mean the series was great, but shit it was forever ago....and both movies SUCKED!!

I just can not imagine a series of these....i guess maybe one boxset...

but more importantly, I am stoked that there are surprises for this year, the last few days of discussion have been a real downer...don't get me wrong, good discussion but still the possible demise of a line, and economic downturn. It is good to have a new guessing game, and anticipation of a new surpise figure...

let the guessing continue...

moc847

Weird... You get "The truth is out there" as a clue and a lot of people concluding it's T2. I love this forum :lol:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and be the first here to speculate that maybe this is neither an X-Files NOR a T2 minimates. I wonder what Google has to say?

"X-Files, X-Files, Apollo hoax, X-Files, Aliens, Enterprise mission, X-Files, X-Files, UFOs..."

Oh my God! This is an Urban Legends wave! Bigfoot! Yeti! Mothman! Random Alien Guy! *glee*

:P

I'd definitely say they are referring to T2. The X-Files references are just to throw people off a bit while still tying it to the T2 line via Dogget (sounds like: Daggit+Cylon's "endoskeleton"+Sandman's "morphing-base"+Archangel's "metal"-flinging wings). It just makes me sad to see BSG 'mates being used to promote an up-coming "future" line in light of the recent rumor. Kick me while I'm down why dont'cha!

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely down for some Terminator 'mates. It's just hard for me to get excited at the moment; I feel like someone's just given me a gift when there's been a death in the family.

Edited by cdubya

"X-Files, X-Files, Apollo hoax, X-Files, Aliens, Enterprise mission, X-Files, X-Files, UFOs..."

Oh my God! This is an Urban Legends wave! Bigfoot! Yeti! Mothman! Random Alien Guy! *glee*

:P

now that would be an awesome boxset. And it would cost them nothing for licensing. Nobody owns bigfoot. AND the new parts would be used like

Mothman's

wings. And, well, who WOULDN"T want a showdown of

Bigfoot vs The Hulk. I want a Bigfoot vs the Hulk

I'd definitely say they are referring to T2. The X-Files references are just to throw people off a bit while still tying it to the T2 line via Dogget (sounds like: Daggit+Cylon's "endoskeleton"+Sandman's "morphing-base"+Archangel's "metal"-flinging wings). It just makes me sad to see BSG 'mates being used to promote an up-coming "future" line in light of the recent rumor. Kick me while I'm down why dont'cha!

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely down for some Terminator 'mates. It's just hard for me to get excited at the moment; I feel like someone's just given me a gift when there's been a death in the family.

Cdubya freaking NAILED it!!!

No more need for speculation, his keen detective skills with the pictures...yea it is the metalic cop T2

Nice Job C

moc847

Personally, I think we're all getting a bit ahead of ourselves here. These DST hints always carry about a hundred different meanings, none of which usually hit the nail on the head when the big reveal happens. For all we know, its blown-to-bits Wolverine or Man-Spider Spider-Man.

That being said, in this case, it is so obviously A Few Good Men, because they'll never find another use for a Demi Moore Minimate, unless Striptease somehow becomes kid friendly.

I'm pretty sure we're looking at an 'A Few Good Men' box set here.

Tom Cruise, Demi Moore & Jack Nicholson all suited up as america's finest. . .

'The Truth is out there!'

'YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!'

Wait . . . maybe i've crossed my wires somewhere . . .