New Heroes and Villians Sets

Chronotrigger

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the AA post:

"Despite what you may hear whispered in back alleys and disreputable establishments, it seems you can never have enough Spider-Man, Captain America, Wolverine or Hulk Minimates!"

Does this make the forum a back alley or disreputable establishment?

As for the reveal tomorrow, I now have to guess it's a Dark Avengers box set, because they have a new Spider-Man and Wolverine to make...

I dont mind being disreputable and as for the reveal tomorrow I'd guess for the Villains set box image.

I agree, though seeing a Dark Avengers set or confirming a wolvie movie 2-pack exclusive wouldn't hurt. ;)

The mates themselves don't look all that bad, though i'm tired of seeing that hair on Steve already. I picture him with the Civil War hairpiece, not Invaders...I'm sorry, but Pete looks so bad. I don't see him worried too much; i want a cocky, mocking, pissing-you-off, humored Pete. Hulk, luckily, looks better than the original Proto; no more gapped teeth for the un-jolly green giant. :) Logan and the Jim Lee design are AWSOME!! I just pray we get a mask, and that the muscle definition on that torso comes off easily enough to make female Lee-eras.

All in all, it looks to be a promising set; it'll definitely attract newcommers, though it might have helped to put the masks on instead of the hairpieces for once...

The incessant bitching and whining pays off yet again! :highfive2:

Don't they understand that children will actually appreciate punishment over neglect? This, along with their capitulation on the Deadpool/Gambit/Red Skull front, is only going to reinforce our behavior. But. . . whatdoyoudo.gif

(time to bitch, now!):

Just looking at the pictures, I am saddened that Spidey appears to essentially be the one from the recent Spidey wave with a different Parker face. I was hoping that we would get that body with a non-sheath-mask head (that is to say, a head with a Spidey mask painted on), so that we could have a cool new Spidey re-deco without the huge head.

Edited by karamazov80

As for the reveal tomorrow, I now have to guess it's a Dark Avengers box set, because they have a new Spider-Man and Wolverine to make...

no theres no pimps and hookers :PIMP:

and would'nt mind that wolverine figure as long as he came with a hairpiece befitting the character!!

As many people suspected, today's reveal is the Villains Set.

Red Skull looks like he's yelling "GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!" :P

well at least its better then looking like your getting rear ended like the Captian America in the heroes box set!!!!

i know these are down as coming out in May but they look ready to hit shelves to me.....

Edited by winkerbean

I, too, hope they get released earlier than May. That Red Skull is THE version of him I want, as is the Goblin. I hope Mags comes with a helmet and that the Hulk matches the Avengers version for skin color.

If you can see it, it looks like there is an indent in the packaging above Mags, and it looks circular. My guess is it's his helmet; no, actually it's my hope that it's his helmet, which i also hope was updated. Shame about DD's cape though, and that GG apparently won't be the same as that ebay auction one. Red Skull looks INCREDIBLE though, but i still see no sign of Cosmic Cube. :(

I had my comic shop order these when they popped up in the Jan edition of Previews. Then, they show up again in Feb Previews. Same exact page (number, description, text, everything) in the Marvel Previews catalog. I think it was page 77. Anyway, Feb Previews are for June items and this is the second time it was solicited so does it sound like there might be a delay in getting these? Ship date still says May, though:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/01/ship-date-update/

:huh:

I had my comic shop order these when they popped up in the Jan edition of Previews. Then, they show up again in Feb Previews. Same exact page (number, description, text, everything) in the Marvel Previews catalog. I think it was page 77. Anyway, Feb Previews are for June items and this is the second time it was solicited so does it sound like there might be a delay in getting these? Ship date still says May, though:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/01/ship-date-update/

:huh:

Art Asylum hardly gets their shipping dates right. ;)

Also, for all we know, the issue of Previews may have been made in December. Ya never know...