UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I jumped off the the HT bandwagon because of the rubber parts. I sold all my figures with rubber bodies and do not plan to get Avengers Hulk for the same reason.

I'm pretty sure that Hulk is gonna use the PVC material used with their current gen muscle bodies Shane. . .just saying wink.png

I believe that, but I am still not convinced it won't degrade quickly (couple of years). I lost confidence in an expensive brand and I am not going back.

Widow arrived today. Took a few shots. I really love how easy to pose this figure is. It's a nice contrast to the last few figures I've gotten.

attachicon.gifBlackWidow1.JPGattachicon.gifBlackWidow2.JPGattachicon.gifBlackWidow3.JPG

attachicon.gifBlackWidow4.JPGattachicon.gifBlackWidow5.JPGattachicon.gifBlackWidow6.JPG

attachicon.gifBlackWidow7.JPGattachicon.gifBlackWidow8.JPG

And a shot of my Avengers so far:

attachicon.gifAvengersGroup2.JPG

Do not tempt me. Also, when dd Ten turn into me?

So were all the Comedian figs messed up. I always kinda wanted to get one. I bid on ebay here and there but never a dedicated big time bid on them. Same with Hellboy.

Hellboy also has some QC problems. Mainly the knees which are brittle due to being cast in red plastic (red plastic is more brittle than other colors apparently), but the rubber also had some issues for some. I had him for awhile. Looks awesome, great little details, but no poseability. Might as well be a statue. Edited by karamazov80

Nice deal. That's one figure that I was wrong about--I assumed it would be pretty popular and would increase in value significantly and quickly, but it's high end value seems around $200 right now. I don't attribute that to folks assuming another Spidey is coming. Must be people don't care that much for the figure, but it is a great one IMO.

I actually put some serious thought into getting a black Spidey, but I really only have the money and the space for one Spidey on the shelf right now, and I figured if I was only getting one, I should go for the original. I may still get one down the line though.

I've only broken a few HT pegs in my day, and one instance of this was Spidey. Not sure if we'll see many Amazing Spidey part outs for the same reason we haven't seen much from the original version. I don't think those pegs will be easy/cheap to come by.

Edited by karamazov80

My ht spidey broke as soon as i took him out of the box.The ankle broke first and then followed his waist.

Oh man, that sucks. Were you able to get it fixed?

Nope.I tried to and even thought i kinda fixed it,it broke again.I bought him from ebay so i couldn't get a replacement.Now he rests in his box.

Black Widow is incredible. Maybe even better than Hawkeye; this is just an incredibly stunning figure. Looks even more like Scarlett in person too, thank God. Poseability is absolutely fantastic, not hindered at all (unlike Battlesuit Jill), and the hair, the biggest concern, is actually perfect. I have little fear of it ever being a problem, it came a little matted down from the plastic wrap but a few seconds of gently tapping at it here and there made it easily perfect. One of the best i've bought, absolutely. Can't recommend her enough, and can't wait to complete the SHIELD trio with Coulson. If HT could guarantee me a Maria Hill, i'd probably track down a Nick Fury too. But until then, just Coulson for me.

Missed part of the Harvey conversation, but he was my first Hot Toys. Got him for $95 shipped i believe, and what a relief that is apparently. He's definitely aged badly; my biggest hopes for HT from the Bat spectrum are a Ra's and an updated Harvey (two suits?). The suit is baggy, the skin isn't anywhere as detailed as the new figures, and he breaks easily; mine did have the knee-breaking problem (just one half, so it still works with a little glue), and his waist loosened up a LOT over time. It's really hard to stand him straight. But it's still Harvey, just the small things that stand out.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Yeah, my Harvey has the waist issue too. To get him to stand straight, I have to get his center of gravity just right. The Dark Knight bodies in general seem to be lower quality than all the others I have. I ended up having to replace my V1 Joker's body entirely because both his knees broke into several pieces.