UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

I'm planning on getting Jules and Mia, at least. Love that movie. In the meantime, I've gotta keep selling my stuff in order to afford them!

In other news, Rocco ("Sculptor") just showed pics of this beaut (which I'm proud to say that I helped get off the ground):

ji9emQe.jpg

I cannot wait to add that to my collection.

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is AWESOME! Now if only Hot Toys can get the Ghostbusters licence...

If that Turtles banner had been true my bank account really would have been SCREWED...

Edited by Dreadnok Rocksteady

I've worked long and hard on my Ghostbusters customs, but would be thrilled if HT took on the license anyway. If nothing else, I need the belt accessories and longer jumpsuit for Venkman.

Does anyone know what a custom 1/6th fig goes for usually? I would like to try making a new 52 joker but down the road I consider commissioning a spawn. The classic armor/symbiote with huge pouches look because I doubt we'll ever see that 3A fig. Also,if anyone is into 1/6 customizing,what kind of sculpey should I use and how do you sculpt the heads? From what I know you take the neck joint and then sculpt there. When you are done you bake it.

Huge range, like I said. If you want to commission a guy like Rainman, I would guess $4-5,000 (don't really know). You could commission someone with less of a brand for significantly less. If you are buying a figure that is part of a small run (like a Mad Max someone is doing at SSF right now), it might be $200-500 or so. If you do one that is part of larger runs (like Rainman, Iminime, Serang, Betomatali), could range from $300-$1,000+.

From what I've seen rainman specializes in human characters. If I commissioned a fig it would be spawn. I wouldn't mind paying that much if he was flawless but not right now. Maybe in a couple of years when I get a job of my own (if everything goes as planned with my studies in about 8 years) I'll spend 5,000$. First I'll try my own hand at 1/6 customizing. My father used to own a leather factory and my aunt is in the bussiness as well so the clothes are covered. The sculpting and painting will be hard but you never know until you try it,right?

Ps:on another note Elvis (from sideshow freaks) makes some amazing figures too. Though they are not his work entirely.

Elvis is great, though he says that he isn't taking on commissions. You can message him to see.

I messages him a while back though he never answered. He still doesn't take commissions. One guy that I discovered who makes some pretty good stuff is F-seb.

Bane arrived today. Well, I got him today. The ups guy decided to come early, so I had to get him from the sorting facility, and getting there is the Bane of my existence(budumbum)...

Any way, I took a few shots of him, as well as Batman:

post-2133-0-57560200-1363058788_thumb.jppost-2133-0-76961600-1363058792_thumb.jp

post-2133-0-20772800-1363058796_thumb.jppost-2133-0-87997500-1363058799_thumb.jp

post-2133-0-44986700-1363058803_thumb.jppost-2133-0-76870700-1363058806_thumb.jp

post-2133-0-29929100-1363058811_thumb.jppost-2133-0-66680900-1363058814_thumb.jppost-2133-0-47784400-1363058817_thumb.jppost-2133-0-37122200-1363058820_thumb.jp

post-2133-0-06157500-1363058841_thumb.jppost-2133-0-70759600-1363058844_thumb.jp

Edited by Glantern

Bane looks great!

For anyone with the original Hot Toys Thor, look what the simple act of swapping the chain mail arm sleeves from the Avengers version does for that figure. The person that posted this on SSF said that this is the stock body, all he did was replace the chainmail shirt from the original with the chainmail sleeves from the Avengers version...he did the helmet mod too though, just to clarify. Also, it looks like the hand holding "Meow-meow" is from the Avengers release too. This is officially on my to-do list.

IMG_3248_zps925bafd0.jpg

Edited by youbastards

Damn. Huge improvement. I was gonna replace my old Thor with the new one, but now. . .might be good enough to just do the sleeves swap (though I bet it's a bitch to change out). Any Thor on my display must wear the helmet.

I like bane as a character but i'm going to pass on that one.And bats.And catwoman.And joker 2.0.Honestly i never cared for the Nolan designs.I'm going to wait and buy the arkham joker and bats (in 2025) or the comic styled ones from sideshow or the diecast new 52 ones from super alloy (bats and the others that is).The Nolan trilogy never did it for me.I always felt something was missing.I hope the new Dc Cinematic Universe turns out to be as good as the mcu because man of steel is shaping up to be the best movie of the year.The costumes are awesome,the direction it took seems fitting and it's overall a great start.I'm probably going to buy all the hot toys figs from this movie.The designs scream badassery!

8551327563_2cfe9f1224.jpg8551308075_6e92b3a1a2.jpg8552434124_231a2c3768.jpg8552404992_588ab28fbf.jpg8551294343_61d2acf6ec.jpg8552392594_c4368fbd88.jpg8552385766_e78decf2b2.jpg8552349664_bc959132e0.jpg8551250945_cb7059b8bc.jpg8552408062_9518f987f3.jpg8552413252_b8c2687127.jpg8552416608_81de05d784.jpg8551324797_60ec031a1a.jpg8551320837_fb415a4ef1.jpgI took the good ol' doc for a photoshoot last sunday and really liked the results! I could easily make a 1/6 fig stop motion (i'm still working on that project,it's just that i want to deliver something perfect,not something half-assed)and i don't even need to make scenery!

Glantern, not sure if you have seen this yet, but if you plan on displaying him with the jacket, some have done arm or body swaps to recreate the "like a boss" pose:

I had seen a couple of shots of that mod. It looks really cool. I'm contemplating it, because I was quite disappointed that he couldn't do his signature pose.

@Kostifire: I can certainly understand how the Nolan films might not be for everyone. I do hope that DC can come up with something that rivals the MCU, but I'm personally very skeptical about MoS. It really doesn't look anything like Superman to me.

And seeing that Thor mod makes me regret not getting the first Thor figure. My only major complaint about the Avengers Thor is that he doesn't have a helmet.

Edited by Glantern

With the Avengers Thor coming out now, I'm betting you will be able to find the original at a good price if you really want to track it down.

Gah that Bane looks so good. I'm trying to save for C2E2 damnit!

Save for C2E2, and if you don't find anything you want at the show, just buy Bane!

Edited by youbastards

Glantern, not sure if you have seen this yet, but if you plan on displaying him with the jacket, some have done arm or body swaps to recreate the "like a boss" pose:

I had seen a couple of shots of that mod. It looks really cool. I'm contemplating it, because I was quite disappointed that he couldn't do his signature pose.

@Kostifire: I can certainly understand how the Nolan films might not be for everyone. I do hope that DC can come up with something that rivals the MCU, but I'm personally very skeptical about MoS. It really doesn't look anything like Superman to me.

And seeing that Thor mod makes me regret not getting the first Thor figure. My only major complaint about the Avengers Thor is that he doesn't have a helmet.

From what i've seen it looks as superman as it gets to me.Pa kent is the protective parent who is afraid of how the community will react and clark even though he knew that saving that bus would expose him still saved the kids.He travels a lot (as i recall happened in the early comics) until he finally decides to face his responsibilities.The special effects look amazing and if the leaks are true then we will be rewarded to a true to the source material supes/zod fight!

From what i've seen it looks as superman as it gets to me.Pa kent is the protective parent who is afraid of how the community will react and clark even though he knew that saving that bus would expose him still saved the kids.He travels a lot (as i recall happened in the early comics) until he finally decides to face his responsibilities.The special effects look amazing and if the leaks are true then we will be rewarded to a true to the source material supes/zod fight!

My comment is about the actual look of the film. I don't care for the Superman or Zod designs, and the color in general is just too washed out for me. In my opinion, Superman's kinda the quintissential super hero. He should be bright and colorful.

I'm sure it'll be a fine movie, just not my kind of movie...

My comment is about the actual look of the film. I don't care for the Superman or Zod designs, and the color in general is just too washed out for me. In my opinion, Superman's kinda the quintissential super hero. He should be bright and colorful.

I'm sure it'll be a fine movie, just not my kind of movie...

Sure it's kinda dark but from what i've seen it tries to show the human side of supes and him coming to terms with his bizzare life.

I'm not opposed to the story they're going for, I just personally don't care for some of the stylistic choices they've made. But they can't please everybody, and since others are looking forward to the movie, they've obviously succeded in finding their audience.