UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

For any horror fans out there, Shrunken Head Studios has the license for Creepshow, and the pre-order opens for the exclusive Nate tomorrow on their website:

http://www.shrunkenheadstudios.com/collectibles/Creepshow/CRPSHW_S1.html

Second release from that line will be Fluffy. I love the movie, and am really psyched about this line. Price is pretty reasonable as well, by today's standards.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never seen Creepshow?? You must! It's a collaborative project between George Romero and Stephen King (King has a role in the film), and is a collection of small horror films. It doesn't pretend to be anything except what it is, and I think that's why it works so well. Some pretty good acting in it, as well, from Ted Danson, Leslie Nielson, and Ed Harris, among others.

By the way, the head creative guy/sculptor at SHS is Brian Dooley, the same guy that sculpted all the Jason (and I think Freddy) 1/6 scale figures at Sideshow, as well as some other horror-related and Buffy stuff.

Edited by karamazov80

I too am a bit surprised you haven't seen this Luke. It was released as a very cool graphic novel just before the films release. Both book and film are great, IMO.

just saw this on their facebook. ok so far my official Hottoys need list is:

Avengers Hawkeye

Avengers Fury

Ironman Mach 6 & 5

Warmachine

Black Widdow

Thor

Odin

Red Skull

Arkham City Batman

The HT figures I am definitely getting are:

Iron Monger

Red Skull

Hawkeye

I might get these ones, depending on price and in-hand photos:

Nick Fury

Black Spidey

Loki (needs full reveal)

Bane (needs full reveal)

Arkham City Batman (needs full reveal)

Yeah, I think the eyes might be too close together. This one might be a "close but no cigar" sculpt on the order of Wesley Snipes Blade. Still, I think it is pretty good, though.

Well, I just got burned for the first time with a HT re-release. I just picked up a T2 T-800 last month, and the DX10 just got announced as a new T2 T-800. I like the look of the headsculpt better on the first release, so I may just pick up the accessories I need from the DX when they get parted out.

Just got a decent deal on a Punisher Saves, I can't believe the prices those things jumped to so quickly! I cashed in my eBay Bucks to knock a good chunk off the price too.

Well, I just got burned for the first time with a HT re-release. I just picked up a T2 T-800 last month, and the DX10 just got announced as a new T2 T-800. I like the look of the headsculpt better on the first release, so I may just pick up the accessories I need from the DX when they get parted out.

Just got a decent deal on a Punisher Saves, I can't believe the prices those things jumped to so quickly! I cashed in my eBay Bucks to knock a good chunk off the price too.

Yeah I saw the pics for the new T-800 and I wasn't impressed. There's a lot of negative comments on the freaks board. Personally I like the orginal sculpt better. There really should be more stuff included if it's going to be a DX.

With the better lighting in certain pictures, i'm not sure about Hawkeye's pants. I understand that they're "SHIELD issued" and are gonna have a blue tint (also as a callback to purple and blue 616 Hawkeye)but the blue shouldn't be THAT noticeable. I hope it's one of those things like Reeve Superman, where the camera and the angle changes the color slightly.

I'd prefer that flat black/grey look, but even Widow has a blue tint in certain shots so it's hard to say. Accuracy, or screen-accuracy? :confused:

Just in case some here haven't seen it, there is a custom Ra's al Ghul project between Denny Kim (Iminime team) and Rainman. Rainman is doing the head sculpt:

7998521.jpg

I'm pretty psyched about it, considering this is the only major Nolan Bat-villain I don't have a figure of. And. . .Rainman sculpt, which was just announced today, and is too cool for school.

Here's the thread about it:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107890

Edited by karamazov80

Sorry to hear that, TTF. What happened?

Not really sure actually. He's been having some trouble standing for a little bit, kept leaning backwards like he was going to fall, but didn't. Went by the shelf today and he nearly tumbled forward, but i caught him, had a nervous suspicion, and sure enough his foot isn't attached anymore. It's still stuck on thanks to the boot, but the foot just wobbles and the balance is off badly.

Bright side, i still have Bruce, which was a big reason for getting him, but still, it's Batman...