UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 23 and 24

maxcarnage

wow i thought us NYC people are rude but i just got ignored. I know these mates are out in the internet but does anyone know if they have hit comic shops yet?

How about this for rude..

If you'd read the thread then you'd have had your answers?

Stop crying like a baby cos you cant be bothered to read the thread! :verymad:

T.

ok that's cool. no need to be a jerk about it. let's just say you're lucky this is a web forum and you didn't say that to me in my face on a bad day after coming home from work in a Brooklyn street. :whistling:

Come on now. It so silly when people try to flex their big internet muscles. TBT had a good point. Take the time to read the posts in this thread and you will find you answer. I'm a big minimate fan and always take the time to read all the posts in a thread. You never know when you'll come across info that you may have not known about.

i'm not flexy "internet muscles" people don't have to be a jerk about. if you're at work/home whatever do you really have the time to read 6 pgs of sometimes nonsense that's irrelevent at times?! some could kindly just point to the answer or paste a link w/o added comments that are not necessary. oh and by the way for the amusement of those who care I did take my time and found the answer indirectly.

Look whos a bein' irrelevant now? :P Come on, someone was BOUND to say it....

Anyways, I love this wave and can't wait to get the War Machines and Nova!

Edited by IndianaJonesMinis

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got mine from BBTS.

Interesting that in Spy Masters' bio they mention the Armor Wars.

Also interesting that on the bio for Kraven they mention the Sinister Six.

Armor Wars? Titanium Man? Crimson Dynamo? More new Iron Man bad guys?

Sinister Six? Electro? Vulture? PLEASE?!

And count me among the disappointed that the War Machine armor that everybody wants (Rhodey) is the variant.

As much as I wanted the new red/blue Spidey for the mask piece, I REALLY like the Amazing Fantasy Spidey head on the new body.

Amazing Fantasy, huh?? I might have to pick that set up Wednesday when i get my variants. I passed on it earlier because i never liked Mysterio and i don't need anither spidey (the worst of the bunch, in my opinion) but the head i've always favored. I should try this.

So, yeah, mine come Weds. I'm excited, but i'm only getting him to hold the variants for me; he buys at least two cases of each wave, so there'll be more than enough next week. Gotta save for the iPhone. ;)

Honestly, the Amazing Fantasy Spidey is my favorite one. The head is great on the new red/blue body or left on the body it comes with. I love the old Ditko feel is captures since he is one of my favorite Silver Age artists and his original run on Spider-Man in my Top 10 of favorite comic book "stories".

And Mysterio is actually really cool. Plus, he's a NEW villain.

Also, I'm adding this here as well as the Want/Have List thread. If anybody has access to an extra variant War Machine, please let me know. Upon seeing mine, my dad wants one to go with his Iron Man that I gave him when it came out.

Edited by Mystery Man

I finally got my S.24 w/variant the other day and S.23 is in transit. I kind'a wish I had picked up a few of 24 (besides just the exclusives) at TRU before Christmas as there are some pretty cool fodder pieces I'd now like to have. I'm also regretting not noticing that there was such a profound difference in the War Machines and ordering the full set...damn.

Got 23, 24 and ST wave 5 today so it was a minimate party! No other toy arrival compares to getting a load of new minimates it made the rest of my week!

I have to agree that getting new Minimates in bulk is just the coolest toy-collecting moment for me. Well, aside from opening a clamshelled toy that has really strong paint fumes coming out of it-nothing beats that feeling. :blink:

so help me out here, what is Kraven's head in the black Spidey suit from? did Kraven dress as Spidey for a while or something? Thanks,

vox

In Kraven's Last Hunt,

Kraven drugged Spidey, buried him in the ground, and "became" Spidey, donning a similar black outfit. Then, he ran around the city, beating up (and sometimes killing) "bad guys," and defeated Vermin.

Edited by karamazov80

After 11 months, several ship date pushbacks, then the American Toys R Uses getting them, then the online stores getting them, then the east coast delay I forgot about, it seems weird to finally have these in hand -- but they are awesome... Couple of random thoughts:

- I'm cool with all the slip-on masks, but they just do not work for red-and-blue Spidey heads (presumably because we've had so, so many regular sized that our brains just can't accept a slightly bigger one -- it looks HUGE)

- I think Kraven looks perfect if you cut the "chest" out of his vest

- Even the DST employee who wrote the character bio things didn't buy that this was really a "Back In Black" Spidey instead of a redo :lol:

- War Machine: brilliant. In fact these all look way cooler in person than in the promo pics, which were already pretty cool. Except Dagger seems to have kinda big eyes, but just getting a Dagger was so unlikely that I won't even call that a complaint. Maybe she's just surprised to be here too, or she's really into anime or something.

I am holding the Jim Rhodes War Machine minimate in my hands for the first time and am floored! This l'il guy is now one of my TOP 5 minimates ever. Way to go DST! Keep out doing yourselves! We want more.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Except Dagger seems to have kinda big eyes, but just getting a Dagger was so unlikely that I won't even call that a complaint. Maybe she's just surprised to be here too, or she's really into anime or something.

Thanks, I haven't been able to stop laughing at work for ten minutes now. i really gotta stop checking in here during the work day.. I keep getting busted laughing.

:biggrin: Vox :lol:

From Kraven's last hunt:

post-1827-1231905188_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1231905203_thumb.jpg

As you can tell from the second pic, I live in filth.

I thought i was the only one who actually did that!! I got the hardcover of Kraven's Last Hunt from Mom for Christmas, took one look at the cover, and IMMEDIATELY put Kraven's head on Venom's body. It was awsome.

Luckily, my Mom picked up BOTH variants for me today. I have a friggin final to study for so they are both in the package, but i can tell already that i love them. Amazing mates, i must say. ;)

I'm obviously a little late on the bandwagon, but I was wondering if anyone could answer me this:

I got the full Wave 24 set (including Rhodey), and the Tarantula variant set from Wave 23 from my local comic shop. Is it worth it to buy the other three sets from Wave 23, considering that I already obtained the TRU editions? Keep in mind that I was a person who giddily bought and loved the TRU SF2 'Mates, even after I had the regular release--and I bought the Hulk & Abomination 2-pack at TRU, even after I acquired their respective widespread debut.

So, I'll buy the redundant Wave 23 guys if they're different enough from their Toys R Us counterparts. Perhaps different shading, better paint apps, shifted details, etc.

In conclusion, are they different enough? :confused:

The TRU red/blue Spidey had a great paint job on his face mask BUT had the plastic seam (the seam that splits the mask right down the middle, ya dig?) running off-center of the mask, so it distracts from it.

The comic shop version I got of this one has a perfect seam right down the middle BUT the webbing on the back of the head overlaps and it looks crappy.

I just can't get a perfect one! ACK!