UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Series 25 & 26 Revealed

drgnrbrn316

I won't be satisfied until I get my 2.5" Hulk.

Actually, I would still need a build-a-figure Minimate system to complete the circle. But darn if DST isn't giving us old timers everything we ever wanted:

• Every significant Marvel character
  • Marvel Minimates at the quality of the new DC Minimates
  • Bubble packaging
  • Character bio/profiles on the cardbacks
  • Army builders
  • Civilians
  • Cool accessories
  • Diverse character selection
  • Multiple costume variations in each box set
  • Blanks for customizing

I can't think of anything else I've ever wanted. How about adding this last one to the list:

• Build-a-figure 2.5" version of Hulk? Minimates just scream out for the build-a-figure concept.

If you never do it, I'll be ok. 10 out of 11 is still perfect in my book.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i Absolutely love these waves, Give me a Inhumans Royal Family(Black Bolt, Medusa,Karnak, Gorgon, Triton, and Crystal especially done Kirby style) and i could die with my life being complete(or until i find some others i would die for like Heralds) I do have a question tho is deadpool gonna be like the pic they show or like his new costume, cause i am hoping for the pic shown don't care for the brown in his new one.

So with wave 26 having Psylocke does that make toad the only character from the original poster without a figure?

I think there was a Toad. . .

Sorry there has never been a toad minmate I've just been through the release lists.

Ult Colossus as well.

I told yall being a southerner makes you a minority. XD

So I read the list of mates and shat myself. I cleaned up and looked at it again and shat myself again. This pretty much completes all the mates I really expected to get. Cause I mean seriously I don't expect to ever get (blink,morph,AoASunfire,orMr.Sinister) everyone I would want. DST you Rock! Matt and Chuck THANK YOU for being as big of fans as we are.

So I read the list of mates and shat myself. I cleaned up and looked at it again and shat myself again. This pretty much completes all the mates I really expected to get. Cause I mean seriously I don't expect to ever get (blink,morph,AoASunfire,orMr.Sinister) everyone I would want. DST you Rock! Matt and Chuck THANK YOU for being as big of fans as we are.

I think we'll get a Sinister someday. He's siginificant enough.

IMO The Defenders Hulk is the BEST Hulk yet

Though some might consider this blasphemy, I agree. Somehow the first Hulk isn't as iconic and great as the early Spidey, Cap, and Iron Man are to me, but I think the Defenders one is really great.

Yeah to me that first wave hulk is just too cartoony for me

the defender hulk is right on with its seriousness and overall look

I just find it weird that we're getting a Skaar (Son of Hulk) Minimate BEFORE a Planet Hulk/Green Scar/King Hulk (whatever you want to call it) Minimate... No one else thinks that's kind of backwards?

Yeah to me that first wave hulk is just too cartoony for me

the defender hulk is right on with its seriousness and overall look

Honestly, the Hulk I would want to see most would be a gray Hulk in the style of Tim Sale's version in Hulk: Gray.

Hulk-Gray01.jpg

Edited by hyejinx1984

Since I'm not the hardcore collector I should be - it's hard to be a hardcore mate-collector in Germany, believe me! - I really love both waves, but see a few characters I don't really long for. I'm pleased to have one "perfect" version of a character instead of getting spidey³, so I don't need to get the new Cap - but have to, because of Red Skull -, Psylocke - but have to, because of Gambit, which hopefully will be perfect with a cool staff, a exchangeable card deck holding hand a well designed not-looking-like-the-Ultimate-Sabertooth-coat coat -, as well as the new Iron Men and the AIM Agents (I wanted Hydra goons and Hand ninjas!) I'm really looking forward to see those gamma-powered mates, since I think that both are cool designed characters, although I don't really know much about both of them. So I'll stick with BHM and start reading a little to "'brush up' on them".

And for Deadpool beeing packed with another Wolvie, I listen to the godlike voice that whispered

You'll just have to wait and see, but he looks gooooood. Best Wolverine ever.
So, I'll be fine with that choice!

ok so i'm a little worried about people being able to get enought army builder mates from theses waves here's why

putting them with the chase figures seems like a good idea at first but thinking about its not their going to be really hard to find

i'll explain why using my lcs as an example

star trek wave 5 for example they get XXX case's instock they then split the case's down in to set's, 1 set with chase, 2 sets without

that leaves 2 packs left over the mccoy/chapel & picard/borg.... GREAT lots of picard/borg left over to buy

the same with the hulk movie wave, left over where hulk/banner & abomb/blonsky..... GREAT buy some more abomb/blonsky to make special forces guys

but since online/shops sell them by the set/chase set there's not going to be extra 2-packs left over for army builders

am i making sense here.... anyway just wanted to get that of my chest this morning

Yeah, why not just do two packs with one Hydra and one Skrull? Or even better two Skrulls! I know that would make a lot of us happy, but probably not sell as well. But one of each in a two pack would sell like crazy amongst the collectors and possibly even the impulse buyers who don't collect hardcore. Great waves though and I may have to buy cases... sigh... is there a 12 step program out there for addiction to tiny, colorful plastic?

Regarding Winkerbean's post, I can see his point. However, there are a number of web sites that sell these by the pack (Scifigenre and Cosmic Clutter come to mind). All you have to do is log on right when they list these, and buy up all their stock before some other "army-builder" does :) Personally, I just planned on getting an entire case of wave 26. I want a bunch of Skrulls to fight my Alien Kubricks, and figure I won't have a tough time selling the extra Deadpools, Gambits, etc. to make back some of that money spent. With wave 25, you might have more of a problem going this route. . .

Can one of you who have bought "internet" cases filled with complete sets (with variants) tell me how many total sets of 4 do you get with those cases? I would guess that you would get 3 complete sets of 4, to equal 12 total packs like regular cases. If I am right, given that you get 2 army builders per set in a case, then you would get 6 army builders per case. This would probably be the way that I would go. Plus, I could get some more of those First Appearance Sabretooths!

cant wait for both theses waves !BUT is it me or is there almost not difference between classic iron man and bolt face iron man, oh and deadpool had better come with oodles of guns oh and is deadpool coming with a removeable mask ??

Edited by gledzee

I've only just found the time to really sit down and look at what we're getting in 25 & 26 and despite being disappointed at the lack of my beloved Cap Britain (they've got to make him, they've just got to) I have to say there's only a single dud in these waves, and that's Wolvie.

We're getting Army Builders in the Skrulls and The AIM goons, and how good are minimatey AIM goons going to look? Plus some interesting updates of classic characters in New Cap and Red Hulk. Plus fan faves like Deadpoo, Pyslocke, and Gumby. Plus 616 versions of Sabretooth, and both versions are worthy of minimateisation™ Plus the RED SKULL. Finally they're making the Red Skull. Now if Wolvie was going to be Weapon X wolvie as some were guessing, we'd have two of the best and most eclectic marvel waves for quite some time. As it is we have possibly one Dud and potentially fifteen knockout minimates to look forward to.