UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Week 2008 Contest - CLUE 4

Shanester

Anyone else think the MM set of clues are much harder then the Fwoosh clues? I feel reasonably certain about my wave 25 guesses, but I'm still pretty stumped with this set. I'm sure Deadpool is here, and that's about it. The SA character could be Captain Marvel, could be Black Widow, could be the Black Panther... since the Panther has his own book, and I think Storm is likely one of the minority mutants, he makes the most sense to me. So my guesses are:

Wolvie/Deadpool (not too thrilled that there's a Wolvie in the SI box if he's going to be in this wave)

Storm/Jubilee (I'm surprised no one else has mentioned Jubilee, since she's a minority mutant and Wolverine's de facto side kick. BTW, I will not be buying this pack)

Black Panther/AIM agent (I'm sticking with the Hydra goon in series 25, which could be a humongous mistake. Maybe I'll change my mind before I submit my answers)

Variant: Srg. Fury (I'm just holding out hope that the SA character isn't another Nick Fury).

Thats weird I did mention jubliee??, and I already guessed black panther, maybe thats who it is all we got is the zombie attacked one, so an actual one with tha cape would be great, especially if storm is in the wave!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats weird I did mention jubliee??, and I already guessed black panther, maybe thats who it is all we got is the zombie attacked one, so an actual one with tha cape would be great, especially if storm is in the wave!

Sorry, I must have missed that. Everyone seemed to be focusing on Psylocke.

One other SA hero that I personally didn't think of until just now: Hercules. I know that drgnrbrn316 ruled him out, but I'm not really sure why. He's a definite Silver Age character (he first appeared in an early issue of the Avengers), he has his own series and he's never been a Minimate before. I'm still going to go with the Panther (I think DST realizes that there is more of an outcry for the Panther then Herc), but you never know. Or not until tomorrow, at least.

EDIT: Okay, looking back at the clue, I think it might just be Hercules. Consider:

-Assuming that Wolverine is in the first pack (healing factor), and that Storm is one of the minority mutants, and that Sgt Fury is the variant (the early version of a 2008 movie character), then it can't be the Black Panther, since all three of those previously have Minimates, and so does the Panther (the zombie-chewed one).

-Of the other SA characters that I'm considering, Captain Marvel and Black Widow don't have their own books. Herc does. That would make the three with their own books Wolvie, Deadpool, and Hercules (Deadpool does have his own book, doesn't he?).

So I think if you go:

Wolverine/Deadpool

Storm/Jubilee

Hercules/Aim Agent

Variant: Sgt. Fury

you fit all the clues reasonably well. Of course, the big assumption is that Storm is one of the minorities, and it's not Psylocke/Jubilee, or Jubilee/Sunfire, or Sunfire/Psylocke, or some other combination that hasn't crossed my mind....

Argh! This is worse then waiting for the World Series to continue!

Edited by hellpop

Sorry, I must have missed that. Everyone seemed to be focusing on Psylocke.

One other SA hero that I personally didn't think of until just now: Hercules. I know that drgnrbrn316 ruled him out, but I'm not really sure why. He's a definite Silver Age character (he first appeared in an early issue of the Avengers), he has his own series and he's never been a Minimate before. I'm still going to go with the Panther (I think DST realizes that there is more of an outcry for the Panther then Herc), but you never know. Or not until tomorrow, at least.

That weird I also guessed Hercules, but I agree a black panther does seem like a better deal,but like you said we find out tomorrow!

Anyone else think the MM set of clues are much harder then the Fwoosh clues?

Yes. My guesses stayed the same as yesterday for wave 25 (so they're probably still wrong), but the wave 26 is a total toss-up for four of the characters.

And has anybody thrown out Forge as a minority mutant? He would also work with Storm.

This has been a fun filled week, with lots of speculation and tons of posts over a short time...but I wonder, how many of us are going to be let down tomorrow with the announcement?

The only problem with this type of game is we (no matter how much evidence / hints are provided) still put our wishes into the mix.

Like me for example. I am focusing on their being a red skull, due to a vauge clue (greatest rivalry) but hell for all i know it is someone totally different.

So when they announce it tomorrow, if there isn't a Red Skull or Hydra Goon...boom instant disappointment.

but one thing i am certain of is there will be a deadpool and a sabretooth... and on a positive note, I am UBER stoked there will be Army Builders. that is something this line has needed for a long time..

:) anyway I will get off my soapbox. COME ON FRIDAY!!!!

Anyone else think the MM set of clues are much harder then the Fwoosh clues?

Yes. My guesses stayed the same as yesterday for wave 25 (so they're probably still wrong), but the wave 26 is a total toss-up for four of the characters.

And has anybody thrown out Forge as a minority mutant? He would also work with Storm.

Oh, I had not, but he's a great guess. He's a Native American, right? Very good thinking.

As for MOC's comments about disappointment, well, I'm already disappointed that we're getting another Wolverine in addition to the one in the SI box. I also can't think of any minority mutants that I want (except for Xorn... oh snap, it could be Xorn!). For me, I guess the whole thing depends on the SA character. I have my heart set on Captain Marvel, but I'm not even going to guess him.

The truth is, I always get a little excited every time new Minimates are announced, then a little disappointed every time it sinks in that my own want list failed to make an appearance yet again.

But the Phillies won the World Series this week, so everything else is icing on the cake! :D

already guessed forge, :D, and banshee, so i think the captain America and red skull could happen, but I guessed wolverine and sabertooth, I guess i'm a go with jubliee haven't guessed her yet!or maybe black panther again

The only problem with this type of game is we (no matter how much evidence / hints are provided) still put our wishes into the mix.

So are you suggesting that the rest of you didn't guess a Nighthawk/Captain Britain 2-pack? :worries:

So are you suggesting that the rest of you didn't guess a Nighthawk/Captain Britain 2-pack? :worries:

oh shit sign me up for that one....but no it didnt make my cut.

i really think i have nailed 25 down (but shit who knows) and 26 deadpool and wolvie everything else is speculation

ok still keeping a lot the same which means i am really close or totally off i guess we find out tomorrow. good luck everyone.

New captain America and red skull

Red hulk/ Skaar

Sabertooth/Hand Ninja

Variant: red skull (in suit and tie)

• Wolverine and deadpool

• Gambit and Psylocke

• Nick furry with hydra

• Variant: ww2 nick furry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skaar

Maybe the link will help you. I tend to think you can't classify Skaar as a hero or villian yet. I tend to think that the Red Hulk is definitely more villiany than heroish.

If...IF there is a red hulk, which btw, in a recent Q&A someone asked about and not an exact quote by DST said... yea he is an actual character and we could make him.... anyways. IF he is made. I wonder if we would come with the over sized Rifle he stole from SHIELD? how f'ing rocking would that be?

I am all about wave 25 and trepedatious about 26 (because I can only piece out 2 characters from it) :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skaar

Maybe the link will help you. I tend to think you can't classify Skaar as a hero or villian yet. I tend to think that the Red Hulk is definitely more villiany than heroish.

If...IF there is a red hulk, which btw, in a recent Q&A someone asked about and not an exact quote by DST said... yea he is an actual character and we could make him.... anyways. IF he is made. I wonder if we would come with the over sized Rifle he stole from SHIELD? how f'ing rocking would that be?

I am all about wave 25 and trepedatious about 26 (because I can only piece out 2 characters from it) :)

I'm much the same as you MOC ,25 is about all I can perceive. I'm confident of my choices for 25 & although my early (clue 1)Deadpool/'Weapon X' en-masse prediction isn't holding up The Furries :P are now coming to the fore. This was the character that wasn't on that 'polling-list' thingy. Mind you I could've made that up couldn't I? :D

Edited by buttheadsmate

Many thanks to DST for the unique brand of entertaining torture they have provided this week.

As long as I am a winner, then I, too, thank DST :)

you are the biggest wiener I know....ooooooh wait Winner.... no sorry you are screwed, your guesses are all wrong :)

Edited by murderofcrows

you are the biggest wiener I know....ooooooh wait Winner.... no sorry you are screwed, your guesses are all wrong :)

Winner, wiener, weimeraner, I would be thrilled to be any of the above. Thank you, DST!

Edited by karamazov80

by the sounds of it it seem like we're all going to get something that we want out of these 2 waves which i think makes us all winners

i for one am looking forward to 8 brand new characters to stick in my comics :thumbsup: which i'm currently working on putting the first 60+ pages into a self published, real, hold it in your hands & read it mini-graphic novel

by the sounds of it it seem like we're all going to get something that we want out of these 2 waves which i think makes us all winners

i for one am looking forward to 8 brand new characters to stick in my comics :thumbsup: which i'm currently working on putting the first 60+ pages into a self published, real, hold it in your hands & read it mini-graphic novel

yep 8 new characters is pretty awesome...and your comic, makes us all happy!!!!