Minimate Week 2008 Contest - CLUE 4

Shanester

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems pretty clear that the 25 variant will be Sabretooth -- he first appeared in an Aug '77 issue of Iron Fist, and he's had an Ultimate figure in the past.

Here's my wild guess for 26: Not only will Nick Fury be paired with an AIM agent; the variant will be a Sgt Fury from his Howling Commandoes days.

Here's my wild guess for 26: Not only will Nick Fury be paired with an AIM agent; the variant will be a Sgt Fury from his Howling Commandoes days.

I was thinking this as well, but I just refuse to believe we will get another regular Nick Fury. It makes no sense. We got him recently in his Silver Age garb. Is there any other common garb he could be wearing?

I am fairly certain the variant is Sgt. Fury. But I think the Silver Age hero will be someone like Captain Marvel. This means pack #2 has to include at least one figure with the following characteristics: a mutant, a minority, and a character repeat of a Minimate we've already received. Assuming the female gender is considered a minority (technically a majority of humans but considered a minority based on power relationships) then that could limit the field. Here is my wave 26:

Pack 1: Cable/Deadpool - I refuse to give up on believing we won't get a new incarnation of Cable. Plenty of costumes to pick from.

Pack 2: Marvel Girl/Spider-Girl - This assumes DST classifies Spider-Girl as a mutant...not sure this has been definitively expressed but it remains a possibility. But DSTMatt is such a comic encyclopedia I'm sure he could explain this. Plus Chuck gets a Spider-being in this wave AND Spider-Girl is a very popular character. Marvel Girl is a repeat of Pheonix. The only downside of this is the pairing theme. Young girls 2-pack?

Pack 3: Captain Marvell/Skrull - I swear I read somewhere where Quesada called the Skrulls costume "ridiculous" given their plans to invade Earth. And Captain Marvel is very Silver Age and enemy of the Skrull.

Variant Sgt. Fury - Sgt. Fury can pack easily with the Skrulls as he has taken a major role fighting the Skrulls in Secret Invasion. I wouldn't be surprised if some "flashback" scene ever comes up with Sgt. Fury fighting Skrulls during WW2.

There you go. My guesses for 26.

New Cap/Red Skull

Skarr/Mastero

Sabertooth/Skrull

Sabertooth (variant)

I got 25. Seems no sweat. However I chose something interesting for 26

Wolvy/Deadpool

Psylocke/Armor

New Thor/Hydra

Nick Fury (variant)

Thor was the only one who is a hero, had been out before, and had his own book. XD

I was thinking this as well, but I just refuse to believe we will get another regular Nick Fury. It makes no sense. We got him recently in his Silver Age garb. Is there any other common garb he could be wearing?

I am fairly certain the variant is Sgt. Fury. But I think the Silver Age hero will be someone like Captain Marvel. This means pack #2 has to include at least one figure with the following characteristics: a mutant, a minority, and a character repeat of a Minimate we've already received. Assuming the female gender is considered a minority (technically a majority of humans but considered a minority based on power relationships) then that could limit the field. Here is my wave 26:

Pack 1: Cable/Deadpool - I refuse to give up on believing we won't get a new incarnation of Cable. Plenty of costumes to pick from.

Pack 2: Marvel Girl/Spider-Girl - This assumes DST classifies Spider-Girl as a mutant...not sure this has been definitively expressed but it remains a possibility. But DSTMatt is such a comic encyclopedia I'm sure he could explain this. Plus Chuck gets a Spider-being in this wave AND Spider-Girl is a very popular character. Marvel Girl is a repeat of Pheonix. The only downside of this is the pairing theme. Young girls 2-pack?

Pack 3: Captain Marvell/Skrull - I swear I read somewhere where Quesada called the Skrulls costume "ridiculous" given their plans to invade Earth. And Captain Marvel is very Silver Age and enemy of the Skrull.

Variant Sgt. Fury - Sgt. Fury can pack easily with the Skrulls as he has taken a major role fighting the Skrulls in Secret Invasion. I wouldn't be surprised if some "flashback" scene ever comes up with Sgt. Fury fighting Skrulls during WW2.

There you go. My guesses for 26.

Umm... I hate to burst your bubble, but neither Marvel Girl nor Spider-Girl are minorities (see the Day 2 clue). I think they would be great guesses otherwise!

I also refuse to believe we'll get another Nick Fury. There's really no need for one. I suppose that they could do an Ultimate one, but that really doesn't fit the Silver Age clue. I also think that Sgt. Fury is a completely random character without a "regular" release to play off of.

New Cap/Red Skull

Skarr/Mastero

Sabertooth/Skrull

Sabertooth (variant)

I got 25. Seems no sweat. However I chose something interesting for 26

Wolvy/Deadpool

Psylocke/Armor

New Thor/Hydra

Nick Fury (variant)

Thor was the only one who is a hero, had been out before, and had his own book. XD

Unless you count the Black Panther zombie-chewed figure, which I would....

I wanted to share my crappy guesses now lol.

#25 day 1

Black Panther

The Blob

Annihilus

Deathbird

Winter Soldier

Variant Winter Soldier as the New Captain America

Day 2

Spectacular Spiderman and Green Goblin

World War Hulk and The Malestro

Sabertooth and Hellfire Club minion

Variant Skaar

Day 3

Spectacular Spiderman and Green Goblin

Variant Half Naked Old School Wolverine Hating Sabertooth

Day 4

Captain America and Red Skull

Variant Winter Soldier

and for #26

Day 1

Wolverine

Gambit

Psylock

Captain Britian

Toad

Deadpool

Variant Deadpool unmasked

Day 2

Wolverine

Gambit

Psylock

Captain Marvel

Hydra Soldier

Deadpool

Variant Deadpool unmasked

Day 3

Wolverine

Gambit

Psylock

Captain Marvel

Hydra Soldier

Deadpool

Variant AA Meeting Tony Stark

Day 4

Wolverine

Gambit

Jean Grey (Marvel Girl outfit)

Captain Britian

Hydra Soldier

Deadpool

Variant Dark Phoenix Saga Wolverine (Fang costume)

On day 1, I had wave 25 pegged as a Mutant Liberation Front/Brotherhood of Evil Mutants wave, with Blob, Pyro, Avalanche, and Sabretooth.

Oh nice, same here. But I included Gambit and Sinister because I want them so badly XD

I didn't have a clue with the third and fourth clues, so I just stuck with my Cable & Deadpool roster:

Cable

Deadpool

Domino

T-Ray

Agent X

Bob

The variant could be Deadpool in an X-Men uniform XD (Not Marvel Girl's)

Edited by Dio

I still think that this wave is still going to be a Wolverine movie based wave. Given the rumors of characters appearing in the flick, I wouldn't be surprised to see the following characters make the wave: Wolverine, Deadpool, Sabretooth, Gambit and/or Maverick (Agent Zero). Given the newer costume Maverick has, I could even see him being an Army builder for the Weapon X project. Not sure who the silver age character could be with this one and the Army builder is a long shot.....

One of the best contests ever! Everybody was equally clueless so we all had the same chances to look like fools. You can't get more fair than that! :D

Agreed. Though the odds also even up a bit more when everyone posts their picks and the reasons for them. Any Joe off the street can then come look here and get a good guess without employing any individual thought whatsoever.

Umm... I hate to burst your bubble, but neither Marvel Girl nor Spider-Girl are minorities (see the Day 2 clue). I think they would be great guesses otherwise!

Umm, hate to burst your bubble, but in our male dominated society, females are considered to be a type of minority.

bubblebursting time. :(

Wolvy/Deadpool

Psylocke/Armor

New Thor/Hydra

Nick Fury (variant)

I guess the variant is a variant of the mate in the third pack.

Your guess should include seven Minimates (one is reused for the variant two-pack).

But rien ne va plus, the solution will be here any hour.

:biggrin:

Edited by Bob Harris

Wolvy/Deadpool

Psylocke/Armor

New Thor/Hydra

Nick Fury (variant)

Your guess should include seven Minimates (one is reused for the variant two-pack).

Hmm. I wonder if that means it's the same character, or just uses the same parts? IE: the standard minimate body. ;)

Wolvy/Deadpool

Psylocke/Armor

New Thor/Hydra

Nick Fury (variant)

Hmm. I wonder if that means it's the same character, or just uses the same parts? IE: the standard minimate body. ;)

Nice thought. Maybe if they're really tricky - which they are! - it might be meant like that. But I guess, if you check clue #1 as well

Clue 1:

4 Heroes

1 Villain

1 Mercenary

you count six characters. But maybe even that just refers to three 2-packs and not the whole wave. Anyways, I still stick to the variant-of-one-of-the-wave's-mates-theory as long as I realize that I'm totally wrong. ;)

I wish both of us good luck. (Besides that I don't have Thor in it, my final guess is exactly the same as yours.)

Wolvy/Deadpool

Psylocke/Armor

New Thor/Hydra

Nick Fury (variant)

Nice thought. Maybe if they're really tricky - which they are! - it might be meant like that. But I guess, if you check clue #1 as well

Clue 1:

4 Heroes

1 Villain

1 Mercenary

you count six characters. But maybe even that just refers to three 2-packs and not the whole wave. Anyways, I still stick to the variant-of-one-of-the-wave's-mates-theory as long as I realize that I'm totally wrong. ;)

I wish both of us good luck. (Besides that I don't have Thor in it, my final guess is exactly the same as yours.)

I had some character hit me while I was showering last night, but I can't remember who it was. :( Oh well, too late now anyways.

I always liked the waves where the variant isn't just unmasked or battle damaged, but is a viable new character that you can't live without. Julia Carpenter for one. Those waves appeal to me more.

Anyways, yeah, good luck. I'm more excited about finding out what the characters are than I am about it being a contest.

Oh yeah, I remember. i want to change out Sabertooth for Elektra on wave 25. Although it ruins the "character had appeared before" unless you change out the Skrull, but that ruins the point. A Skrull and Elektra pack is just logical!

Oh well, glad I stuck with Sabertooth. Even though we already have one. And I don't want him. Why do we need another sabertooth anyways? Sabertooth sucks!

Edited by TM2 Dinobot