UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Detailed pics of the Avengers boxed set.

MINI_MYTE

I just thought of something kinda important to note about Marvel Minimate box sets, so I just wanted to confirm something:

Is Wasp the "oneshot" character of this box set? I remembered how DST mentioned before that in almost every box set they'd put in at least one unique character they'd never do in Minimate form again (i.e. Civil War Nitro, Defenders Valkyrie, Secret Invasion Jewel, Invaders Bucky/android Human Torch? which is which?).

Seeing as they already did a Giant Man minimate (zombie) before, and the consensus here is that the zombie Wasp head is only an accessory, would this make Avengers # 1 Wasp the first and last ever official Wasp mate?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought of something kinda important to note about Marvel Minimate box sets, so I just wanted to confirm something:

Is Wasp the "oneshot" character of this box set? I remembered how DST mentioned before that in almost every box set they'd put in at least one unique character they'd never do in Minimate form again (i.e. Civil War Nitro, Defenders Valkyrie, Secret Invasion Jewel, Invaders Bucky/android Human Torch? which is which?).

Seeing as they already did a Giant Man minimate (zombie) before, and the consensus here is that the zombie Wasp head is only an accessory, would this make Avengers # 1 Wasp the first and last ever official Wasp mate?

Yes. No. Don't know, Yes but No.

DST would re-make any Minimate that was popular(sold well).

I think the "one off" character is Giant Man. Yes, Zombie Giant Man was previously released, but. . .so was Zombie Wasp ;)

The Zombies are, technically, different "characters" from the regular Marvel U versions of those characters.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just looking at a preview for Avengers: The Initiative #20 and noticed this on page 4...

I'm not quite sure what's going on in the scene, but if you look closely at the top panel, you can see Ant-Man and Wasp minimates on the table.

Just thought it was cool that minimates got props in a comic.

AVNINIT020004_col.jpg

I was just looking at a preview for Avengers: The Initiative #20 and noticed this on page 4...

I'm not quite sure what's going on in the scene, but if you look closely at the top panel, you can see Ant-Man and Wasp minimates on the table.

AVNINIT020004_col.jpg

No way... I'm going to have to show my LCS's owner this. This is too awesome.

AVNINIT020004_col.jpg

Now THAT is awesome... I wonder if DST Chuck or Matt has seen this????

AVNINIT020004_col.jpg

Now THAT is awesome... I wonder if DST Chuck or Matt has seen this????

Whoa, whoa, whoa... THAT isn't just awesome, that's WILD!

Maybe if we got more Minimate comic cameos, THEN people will stop mistaking them for lego people... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Thought i'd refresh this incase anyone missed it.

It's just hit the headlines over at Art Asylum and Minimate Headquarters... once again, MMMV was one step ahead!!

AVNINIT020004_col.jpg

Check out this way earlier Marvel Minimates reference from back in Ultimate FF # 25. Found this months ago and I have it posted with my other minimate scans on my photobucket account. There are some cool old pictures from Toyfare and Wizard.

ultimateffminimates.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A quick heads-up for people with the Gold Armor Iron Man:

Mine's been sitting in my parts box for a while, and when I checked him today I noticed some of the gold paint from the helmet had "stained" the head block. The stain is really faint and not that obvious from afar, but up close it makes the base of the head look "sun-tanned" in contrast to the block's regular skintone color. Tried rubbing alcohol at first, doesn't really do anything to the stain.

Edited by NorthRaider

Too late at night for a patronising ,boring post but..... many paints ( I'm a printer, paint=ink) fade due to their lack of resilience to either UV or IR light sources (simplistically). Modern paints despite all the fancy modern technology still rely on mainly traditional pigments (the raw colour) which like everything in life ...die. Some pigments are worse than others,notably red which fades quickly unless an expensive donor pigment is used in the paint.

'False' gold would be another,white plastic would be another & anybody with a C3 Alternate Superman ..keep that blighter* out of the sun :lol:

Edited by buttheadsmate