UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Detailed pics of the Avengers boxed set.

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great.

If anyone doesn't want the second Wasp head with the face mask, can I buy it from you? PM me or post here.

Actually, the second masked Wasp head isn't a head, it's just a "full face" slip-over mask. She only comes with the one head.

The most modern looking Wasp and Antman/Giantman look so awesome. I'm not a big fan of Hulk and Iron Man though.

Anyone got a second set and not want those first two? Will trade generously.

Looks great.

If anyone doesn't want the second Wasp head with the face mask, can I buy it from you? PM me or post here.

Actually, the second masked Wasp head isn't a head, it's just a "full face" slip-over mask. She only comes with the one head.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. The offer still stands, if someone doesn't want the slip over mask, I'd gladly buy it plus shipping thanks!

Looks great.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. The offer still stands, if someone doesn't want the slip over mask, I'd gladly buy it plus shipping thanks!

I tend to cut the flesh out of my slip masks. it makes them 1) easier to get on and off 2) more accurate 3) cooler looking.

I really REALLY enjoy the liberal parts reuse in this set. DST dug deep for this one and it paid off. It must be nice to finally have enough parts in the tub so to speak that you don't have to use the Phoenix hair over and over.

I tend to cut the flesh out of my slip masks. it makes them 1) easier to get on and off 2) more accurate 3) cooler looking.

I'm dying (?) to know which article from your arsenal is the most effective for this purpose? I would imagine it's the Bowie Knife , much-revered ,I believe ,in Texas.I personally prefer to use my broad-sword .

Incidentally I hired a car from The Alamo once,Hertz were far too expensive.

But WHEN will these ship from BBTS?!

"4th Quarter 2008"

I saw yesterday that they appear "in stock" from AFX, though they will take 1-2 weeks to ship, supposedly. There are also one or two on eBay.

I'm dying (?) to know which article from your arsenal is the most effective for this purpose? I would imagine it's the Bowie Knife , much-revered ,I believe ,in Texas.I personally prefer to use my broad-sword .

Hardy-har-har.

My most deadly weapon of all, my friend. My razor sharp whit.

Am I the only one who isn't the least bit excited about this set?

If it makes you feel better, I won't be picking this up either :P

Ant man/Wasp, don't really care for these two*

Jack kirby hulk looks sort of ridiculous to me, especially with that forehead

Gold iron man? I'll stick with my sweet iron man movie/through the ages versions for now :P

Edited by Randymarsh

Am I the only one who isn't the least bit excited about this set?

If it makes you feel better, I won't be picking this up either :P

Ant man/Wasp, don't really care for these too

Jack kirby hulk looks sort of ridiculous to me, especially with that forehead

Gold iron man? I'll stick with my sweet iron man movie/through the ages versions for now :P

Well it's nice to have company in the minority.

Hardy-har-har.

My most deadly weapon of all, my friend. My razor sharp whit.

I'll take a stab & say quite bluntly it's not cutting edge !

Okay, we need to stop taking a stab at TM2 Dinobot's wit...:D

Anywho, got my set yesterday at my LCS, and even he said he had no clue he was getting them! I gotta say, being so young and unfamiliar with the original avengers, i wasn't too excited about the set. Now that i have them, i love them!! Although i have one complaint:

I never liked the first Wasp's costume, so intended to switch it up. When i went to remove the wings, i nearly snapped the attachment piece! any advice on getting these off w/o breaking Wasp's "vest" thing??

I love this set! I've been eagerly awaing this set since its announcment. Now we just need an X-Men #1 set, with the yellow and black costumes!

I'm dissapointed that my masked Wasp's face printing is off registered, so it lloks like she's looking to one side. My store ony got one set in (for me), so I can't exchange it. Maybe I can contact Art Asylum.

My big question, though, I why did we get an extra set of naked arms? For Iron Man? But they're pacakged next to Giant Man, aren't they? I'm confused!

-Greg

BBTS needs to get on the ball with these. I don't know how much longer I can wait. . .almost caught this and this the other night :ohmy: , but was beat to it by the elusive "Minimateninja" (aka stealtchase? aka hokynut?), who has a faster computer than myself. Now I have to pay full price *grumble*

Edited by karamazov80

I finally got my hands on these today. I do believe that Ant-Man is now in my Minimate top 10. Simple, iconic, really a perfect representation of this great character. Wasp is no slouch, either. Plus, now I can make some use of my extra zombie Giant Man :)

I'm now conflicted as to whether this or the Defenders set is better. . .