UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Week 2008 Contest - CLUE 3

Shanester

I love how some of the clues are intentionally vague. You'd think someone at DST was a sadist or something :)

or the fact, that when someone guessed the Thor minimate on this board, due to the lightening clue you dropped, someone from DST came on the board and said "it is not Thor"

am I the only one who remembers that?

I remember when Thor " ....is of course in The Avengers #1 Box Set " :rolleyes:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had a horrible sinking thought. What if DST is just screwing around with out heads, and are actually gona put out whatever the hell they want?

Uh-oh. Now I feel paranoid. i shouldn't have skipped my meds this morning... :ermm:

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

hmm someone from 08 movie, could it be iron monger, or jigsaw, hell anybody guess stan lee? ha

the other clue is tough!

hellpop nailed the other clue

gee thanks sabretooth was already one of my guesses, so it kinda makes sense,now I'm torn between the mutants with minority groups maybe its Banshee, Jubliee, or even Forge!?

Edited by SErge

Well, my logic for aurora/northstar wasnt just that northstar is openly homosexual, but they are members of alpha flight, a canadian supergroup that is a minority when it comes to super hero nationalities. Also, i know i missed the villain, but since my former guesses included Mr. Sinister (ridiculous costume) and Cable, I'm pretty clueless on that guess :P.

There are:

Iron Man

The incredible Hulk

Punisher War Zone

That's it, right?

So I stick with my first guess Nick Fury as the Silver Age hero and the Mr. Jackson Variant.

But the Fwoosh clue bugs me:

Clue 3:

Variant: Costume variant from the summer of 1977...

dont froget mr. blue Steven sterns... aka the Leader!!! :lol: hes gamma right?

New captain America and red skull

Red hulk/Skaar

Silver Samurai/Hand Ninja

Variant: red skull(suite & tie)

Wolverine and deadpool

Gambit and Psylocke

Nick furry with hydra

Variant: ww2 nick furry

I F**king know I p*ss people off when I continually go on about spelling. I can't help it ! It doesn't matter,I know it just doesn't matter! It's just funny ....nay hilarious ....when I see certain 'accumulation of letters of the alphabet' that just conjure up fascinating new slants on life. Maxcarnage has just portrayed, for me, a picture of Evil Incarnate sitting in his couch/settee/armchair plotting the demise of Captain America. He (in my mind's eye) is patting the head of 'Nick', his pooch,his mutt,his furry friend variant..........Priceless... absolutely bloody priceless :lol:

I F**king know I p*ss people off when I continually go on about spelling. I can't help it !

Actually, I think Dragon should hire you to proof my posts at MMHQ. Seems heavy liquor consumption disrupts the language portion of my brain. Or so they all tell me. Frankly, all this talk of booze has made me thirsty for a martini. See you later.

I know the clues are all leading us a certain way, but is no one concerned with the fact that there seems to be little if any common theme in the choices most of us seem to have for waves 25 and 26? With the exception of the "wacky obscure late 80s/early 90s figure wave" coming out, we haven't seen such incoherence in a Marvel wave for a good, long while now. Not that I'm complaining. I actually like getting random characters thrown together with only 2-packs that make sense (like the DCD Minimates), I just wonder if we shouldn't be thinking of common themes for at least one of these waves?

Also, there is another, fairly well-known mutant that shares a certain minority status with Psylocke (actually, 2 shared statuses), who I haven't noticed being discussed here. . .

Also, there is another, fairly well-known mutant that shares a certain minority status with Psylocke (actually, 2 shared statuses), who I haven't noticed being discussed here. . .

jubilee (both asian)???

Ding ding ding! I guessed Armor (from AXM) but she makes even more sense.

(though if they could to bubble armor for Armor that'd be frickin awesome)

I think the minority clue is the hardest one. What do you consider a minority? Is Wolverine a minority because he's Canadian (or because he's pretty hairy)? I'm just hoping that when we see what characters are released we'll all give a collective, 'Oooooooooooooohhhhh, I get it." I'm sure we will.

jubilee (both asian)???

That's who I had in mind. If there is some loose kind of "Wolverine" theme to this wave, then they certainly share a history together that might make her an appropriate fit.

Regarding Samson, I guessed that one tonight with Rulk, and immediately regretted sending the link. Recall that there are 4 villains, 1 hero, and 1 undecided in that wave. If we can assume the hero is in the first pack ("Hero-Villain"), then doesn't that exclude Samson from the running? Or is he a bad guy now? My comic knowledge of him stops in the mid-1990s or so, but last I checked he was a pretty selfless good guy.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm still hoping there's a red/blue Captain Mar-Vell in there someplace.

How many clues will there be?

Four sets of clues, and we've already gotten today's clue.

Tomorrow will be the big line-up reveal and the end to the madness of guessing the lineups.