UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Minimate Factory: Updated May 5th

I have a few questions for both Luke AND the other customizers here:

I bought one of Luke's Sticker Sets, and the color saturation is just gorgeous!!!

My question is: Is this the polyfocus sticker paper?

Also, what kind of results is everyone else having with their personal color laser printers? I'm looking at the HP 1025nw, does anyone else here have that model, and what are your opinions, specifically with the polyfocus stickers? I've printed sample pages in the store, but I'm guessing that the paper used makes a difference?? Is anyone else getting results as nice as Luke's? I think Luke had mentioned he had access to one of the high-end expensive printers so I'm curious what the cheaper priced color laser output is like.

Thanks!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

I'm glad you liked the kit! All of our sticker kits have been printed on the polyfocus sticker paper for the last month or two. Prior to that, it was printed on a different sticker paper by the same manufacturer that was discontinued.

I use a giant Ricoh multifunction laser printer, and I would not recommend it for sticker printing. I have to wrestle with it almost constantly to produce good results. The manufacturer tells me that Ricoh laser printers run too hot. They recommend almost any type of HP laser printer.

Soon we will be testing a new inkjet sticker paper by the same manufacturer. Fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update 08/29/11:

Minimates With Real Textures – Cool or Creepy?

Last week I was working on a new set of stickers, and I had a crazy idea – what would Minimates look like if they had real textures? I decided to spend a little time in Photoshop and find out for myself.

Check out the first page of this thread.

Dude... first the drag Lukemate, now this. K-reep-pee.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...