UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Minimate Factory: Updated May 5th

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, no problem.

The grey on the transparent Mr. Terrific ones need to be darkened before printing. I just made them lighter, so darkening is simpler.

The skin tones for the opaque Mr. Terrific is BSG Dualla & Firestorm is The Spirit The Octopus, just FYI.

And, yeah, since most of the ones I make end up getting made by DST, I won't be doing many Marvel ones. I will be doing sunglasses for Agent Brand, though.

But I'll be making ALOT of DC ones, since as far as we know, they're dead. Most of my Batman & Justice League ones are/will be Animated Series-inspired.

Poison Ivy was designed off the white-skinned version. I didn't put a light grey in her eyes or lip shine, so if you print it up on clear paper, the fleshtone will come through. Just a warning.

My work computer harddrive crashed, so not only did I lose Photoshop (and my ability to crank out at least two decals on my lunch breaks), but I lost my WIP Animated Series Jonah Hex. I was halfway done with his face. :( I hope I can get PS re-installed...

Edited by TENIME_art

Awesome stuff Luke, but can you list what all the new ones were? I can't come up with the total you had.

Sure, the 9 new ones in my gallery were:

Alien Autopsy #1

Alien Autopsy #2

Eric the Red

Franklin Richards

Hics (Aliens)

Hudson (Aliens)

Ron Weasley

Silvermane

Vasquez (Aliens)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update 08/12/10:

Using a Sharpie to Straighten Your Lines

It happens to the best of us – you are trying your best to paint a straight edge, but it ends up being just a tiny bit rough or crooked. So what do you do? Well, it depends on how “off” your edge or line is. You will have to repaint that area in some cases. But if things are only off by a tiny bit, you might be able to fix it with a Sharpie...

Nice topic Luke. It brings up a question I've wanted to ask for awhile-have you ever tried masking? If so, what were your results? If not, why?

That's a really good question, and I have never tried it. I can't really explain why I haven't tried it either. I think its time to go for it and post my thoughts/results on the Factory. :)

Actually, I'm really glad to hear that you haven't. It's always been in the back of mind to make straighter edges by masking, but I figured it was never mentioned because it wasn't a good option. I look forward to your findings (so I can steal the technique if it works).

Edited by groundhog7s

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've tried masking, never had good results. But I think I need to find a better tape for the job.

See if your hobby store carries FRISKET TACK PAPER. I've used it for masking for years and have had nothing but success with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Update 09/21/10:

Video: Custom Minimate From Start to Finish (Part 1)

Over the weekend I had a rare occurrence of some free time, so I decided to start a video series on making a custom minimate from start to finish.

I`m pretty sure your image of curt conners is from the amaglan universe so really thats not mainstream connors

Ah, I didn't realize that. It was very hard to find a picture of Curt Connors online, so I was happy to find anything.