UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spirit Minimates

Just got back from my LCS. They are great in-person, and cannot wait to open them. And finally we get Eva. :)

My only nit-pick is that BD Spirit has too much Riot-Spidey BD and not enought REAL BD. Wish he was more like the Comic BD version. I haven't...and probably won't after the reviews...seen the movie to know if this is accurate or not but it just looks...dull. Love Sammy's guns though!!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from my LCS. They are great in-person, and cannot wait to open them. And finally we get Eva. :)

My only nit-pick is that BD Spirit has too much Riot-Spidey BD and not enought REAL BD. Wish he was more like the Comic BD version. I haven't...and probably won't after the reviews...seen the movie to know if this is accurate or not but it just looks...dull. Love Sammy's guns though!!

If you see the movie, don't expect it to be serious. I knew it would be "pulpy" and "goofy" before i saw it, so i LOVED the movie.

I'll repeat that, I LOVED the movie The Spirit! More than Hulk and maybe more than Iron Man (it's been almost a year since I've seen that one)

i don't know if this was just my set of figures, but it looks like the chest pieces are decals over a chest block. It looks like the chest block has a sticker (for lack of a better term) with the chest tampo stuck on. My Spirit figure is a little lumpy.

The Sand Saref in gown is a nice civilian, anyway. I might get that pack so that with that, Emma Frost, and Madonna, I can have a "Like a Virgin" Madonna.

Edited by karamazov80

As usual Mini-Myte, you are a saint! :)

Hmm... is catsuit Sand Saref's hairpiece a reuse of Jewel's from Secret Invasion?

The Sand Saref in gown is a nice civilian, anyway. I might get that pack so that with that, Emma Frost, and Madonna, I can have a "Like a Virgin" Madonna.

You can probably also get "Material Girl" Madonna if you paint the dress red.

My only gripe about the Sand Sarefs are that the one in the evening gown has a much darker skin tone than the one in the cat-suit. Now there is no chance of swapping heads without it looking odd. To bad.

Hmm... is catsuit Sand Saref's hairpiece a reuse of Jewel's from Secret Invasion?

Nope, it's a brand-spankin-new piece. A new piece i plan on devoting to a Bree Hodge-Van de Kamp custom (if you don't know who the character is, don't ask. Trust me) ;)

Speaking of new hairpieces, i don't think it's too clear in the pics (not your fault MINI!! Those are mad-awsome pics!! :) ) but the Spirit hairpieces are different; as in: the one in the 4-pack is new and improved, and the 2-pack is the old one we saw. The ties are different too.

And yes, it's a shame about Eva's skin color. I prefer the lighter one, too. :(

I stil find BD Spirit's hairpiece super bad (and by bad I mean AWFUL) now that I'm holding him in my hand. Was there nothing that could have been done DST, to save this mate?

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Nope, it's a brand-spankin-new piece. A new piece i plan on devoting to a Bree Hodge-Van de Kamp custom (if you don't know who the character is, don't ask. Trust me) ;)

Wow TTF, I never would've taken you as the Desperate Housewives type. :P

Speaking of new hairpieces, i don't think it's too clear in the pics (not your fault MINI!! Those are mad-awsome pics!! :) ) but the Spirit hairpieces are different; as in: the one in the 4-pack is new and improved, and the 2-pack is the old one we saw. The ties are different too.

Okay, now I need to recheck the pics... The sculpted tie on boxset Spirit "attaches" to his coat piece, right?

• 2 weeks later...
the hairpiece that came with my spirit set is damaged. the left ear of it is flipped up at a 90 degree angle. I sent diamond an email so we'll see what comes of it.

Oooooo, you got the ultra-rare "tugging-your-ear" variant! :lol:

Actually, that sounds like something I'd like to have; It'd look pretty cool on the BD version IMO.

*On a seperate (yet similar note), I just rented The Spirit last night. Pretty awful film, but fun to watch none-the-less. Despite what I thought of the film, I'd still like some more 'mates (isn't that funny how that works?). We still need: Pimp-brim Octopus (for TBT), Plaster of Paris, Lorelei, and the clone-goons (perhaps with interchangeable name stickers: Pathos, Ethos, Huevos, etc. I loved those guys, "we was watch'in"). No real need for Nazi Octo or Silken Floss as they could be modded pretty easy from the upcoming Red Skull.

A "Women of Spirit" boxset would have been a cool alternative with a BD /kissed-up Spirit surrounded by all of his many love interests. That PX two-pack should have been reserved for the Spirit/Octopus mud-fight scene (complete with a toilet, cinderblock, etc.). B)

Edited by cdubya

Found the set today at my LCS, and it's really awesome. The highlight of the set would have to be Octopus's rifles, ecspeccially with all those attachments. I ended up removing the "shotgun" on the one gun so my civillians have some protection from the Marvel Zombies. :ohmy:

Edited by Iowa

the hairpiece that came with my spirit set is damaged. the left ear of it is flipped up at a 90 degree angle.

Same here.

I got a second set for custom purposes recently, and the hairpiece was perfect - but Spirit was missing a hand. I thought it might've been rattling around in the packaging, but no. <_<

I don't normally do this (because Minimates Central reviews are not always the quickest in the world) but I have reviewed the set and really liked it, check out http://www.minimatescentral.com or click on the picture in my signature :)

I would definitely love more characters from the film, such as Plaster of Paris, and would love some of the alternate costumes Octopus and Silken Floss wore.

• 2 weeks later...
If you see the movie, don't expect it to be serious. I knew it would be "pulpy" and "goofy" before i saw it, so i LOVED the movie.

I want to thank everyone, everywhere who said of the Spirit "expect it to be funny", If I had watched this expecting anything less then "the Goddamn Spirit" I wouldn't have got it (admittedly though I LOVE All-Star Batman and "get the jokes" so this movie was really made for me... man, I'd love to Frank direct an actual Batman movie in this style though.)

actually on topic though:

I'm kinda sad the movie tanked so we probably aren't going to get any more minimates from it. Watching the movie I found I didn't want any minimates of the characters we got minimates of, no sir, the only characters I actually wanted were Morgan Stern and the cloned goons and I doubt they make them this late in the game, especially since I doubt there's much demand for background character (funny though she was) and a four pack of random fat guys.... probably would get something like Lorilei and Plaster of Paris or another Variant Octopus/Silken Floss/Sand Saref/Spirit before them.

I love the mates-they're very interesting.

I didn't care for the movie (like many others). My expectations were very, very low for this. About half way through watching it last weekend, I had to stop it to go to the bathroom. When I came back, I just decided to do something else rather than finish it. Besides what it became, it's biggest disappointment is that it could have been a very cool movie.

• 4 weeks later...

So I got mine today. I cut my finger trying to pop Eva's head off. ATTN DST: The shiny black cat suit? Yeah, that's what I want for a modern Black Cat and Black Widow (1 and 2). Give it to me now!

Ayways, this set is awesome and amazing and I love it very much. All the pieces are great. Silken Floss not being a party girl dissapoints me almost as much as her not being a Nazi. Red Skulls wants some arm candy!