UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spirit Minimates

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... beautiful. Love those packaging shots. And I LOVE all that stuff they must've done at the last minute without us knowing: Catsuit Sand Saref is now in the boxset! Battle-damaged Spirit has a hat! Well, color me impressed. :D

Hmm, I think I'll be making a quick change to my most-anticipated release list now...

Edited by NorthRaider

I'm not really up to speed with the Spirit so would somebody explain the character 'Sand Saref'* to me . I am more interested in her name & how she attained it ?

It's no big deal but if the film IS out & the Minimates are coming out, so it would be nice if we can have at least two posts that spell her name correctly or at least not differently each time ;)

*which also appears as Sand Serif on some sites,Sand Seraf on others.....so WTF is correct ?

Edited by buttheadsmate

I'm not really up to speed with the Spirit so would somebody explain the character 'Sand Seraf'* to me . I am more interested in her name & how she attained it ?

It's no big deal but if the film IS out & the Minimates are coming out, so it would be nice if we can have at least two posts that spell her name correctly or at least not differently each time ;)

*which is also appears as Sand Serif on some sites,Sand Saref on others.....so WTF is correct ?

Her name is Sand Saref because, well, that's her birth name. :teehee:

Her bio is

She was spirit's best friend/love interest when they were young who had an obsession in ancient mythology. She turned into a little b!tch who ran away because "she wanted diamonds" Present day she is a jewel theif whose latest interest is the armor of Heracles...

Ugh! I still hate BD Spirit's hair. I was hoping the final product would look somewhat different. Alas, it still looks like a bad toupee.

Yeah... at least he'll come with a seperate fedora to sit on the head though (Kinda like the helmets in the Platoon set)

Art Asylum has a new blog up about these, with packaging shots. It looks like the Sand Sariff thats in black comes in the 4 pack and the one in the white comes in the exclusive. They look pretty good.

It's interesting that they changed up the Sand Sarefs in the packaging, considering they've been pre-selling the sets with the white, formal attire Sand Saref in the 4-pk.

I wonder if it's intentional or a goof... based on many of the Q & A's it sounds like there's a lot of details that get overlooked during the proof phases, and by the time anyone notices, it's too late. Or maybe these are just mock-ups and will be corrected in the final version??

Ugh! I still hate BD Spirit's hair. I was hoping the final product would look somewhat different. Alas, it still looks like a bad toupee.

Yeah... at least he'll come with a seperate fedora to sit on the head though (Kinda like the helmets in the Platoon set)

Ugh... I hope not. Not a big fan of the Platoon helmets. Sgt.Rock's was better.

Art Asylum has a new blog up about these, with packaging shots. It looks like the Sand Sariff thats in black comes in the 4 pack and the one in the white comes in the exclusive. They look pretty good.

It's interesting that they changed up the Sand Sarefs in the packaging, considering they've been pre-selling the sets with the white, formal attire Sand Saref in the 4-pk.

I wonder if it's intentional or a goof... based on many of the Q & A's it sounds like there's a lot of details that get overlooked during the proof phases, and by the time anyone notices, it's too late. Or maybe these are just mock-ups and will be corrected in the final version??

I doubt it; have you seen the labelling?? It says which version on it, and the version of Sandy matches the card. I think this was a better way to go, though. I mean, why in the world would they pack a formal-gowned, gussied-up civvymate in a box set about action?? I thought that Catsuit Saref would have been smarter to use in the box set, and i can see so did DST; i mean, White-dress Sand was more fitting to an exclusive in my mind, kinda like Pegasus Six in BSG Razor. I have a feeling these will sell better now because of the more actiony version, and i know i'll pick up a few of the exclusives for that dress now that it'll be cheaper.

FINALLY took a closer look at the packaging pics on the AA blog. As I mentioned before, Battle-Damaged Spirit from the two-pack comes with a fedora for when you're dissatisfied with that fugly toupee of his.

However I haven't paid attention to the accessories in the boxset until now, so FYI the boxset comes with an alternate hairpiece for The Spirit (dunno if it'll look as bad as the Battle-Damaged hair though) and two mean-looking machine guns (presumably for The Octopus).

In short:

More guns: Yay!

Weird hair: Hey! :blink:

Edited by NorthRaider

I wonder why this set hasn't shown up on DST's website yet? Have they even shown up in the latest edition of Previews?

The movie versions are up... both the PX set and the 4-pk box. Are you looking for the comic-based set?

Yep! The comic book based 4-pack.

I can't wait for the movie Spirit boxed set. Its the set I'm most looking forward to after BSG. :(