UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spirit Minimates

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised if they DID get cancelled, the movie was HORRIBLE. Frank Miller should be ashamed of himself.

I seriously can not see there being a big buzz for these. The comic versions could still generate some comic shop buzz but I could see these shelf warming.

The worst part, is it is such a bad movie, i can not even see the dvd release promoting this. At my TRU the spirit action figures (not mates) are already clearanced....

Edited by murderofcrows

We've seen them in packaging. They're a done deal.

Didn't we also see the "packaging" for the BSG New Caprica boxset though? :(

I just hope the Spirit mates do push through after all. This might sound like blasphemy to some, but I'm actually more excited about the movie boxset than I am about the comic one. Say what you will about the movie characters, but they do make for some pretty neat-looking minimates (original sculpts! nurse's cap! catsuit! :P) when compared to the more conservative rendering of the comic ones. Heck, I only need the single Spirit figure from the comic boxset... still debating whether I'll keep him as is or make him my new official Vic Sage Question (and no, we're not starting THAT debate again :rolleyes:)

We saw artwork prototypes for the Caprica packaging. We saw actual photos of the spirit mates in package. Not trying to split hairs here, but it seems like it's already past the point of no return for these.

Remember that the Punisher movie was abysmally bad, too, and those mates still made it out.

But also remember that Punisher was part of an already established line: Marvel. I believe that contributed to its survival. The Spirit has no established Minimate merchandise so that could make it easier to destroy.

Think of it like this: Had the Punisher boxset been the first Marvel minimates ever, would the line have survived?

Damn you Eva Mendes! This could be the second time she has killed minimates!

On another note as a Spirit fan, I was totally bummed with the movie, and the possibility that a Spirit cartoon might be canceled. Damn Frank Miller! Now the producers are writing the comic so they can supplement that towards the movie. Hopefully I'll get my Spirit comic mates and with my archives I can relieve the good days.

Damn you Eva Mendes! This could be the second time she has killed minimates!

On another note as a Spirit fan, I was totally bummed with the movie, and the possibility that a Spirit cartoon might be canceled. Damn Frank Miller! Now the producers are writing the comic so they can supplement that towards the movie. Hopefully I'll get my Spirit comic mates and with my archives I can relieve the good days.

A Spirit cartoon?! I haven't heard about the potential of such a thing - any info you can share?

... you don't think they got cancelled ALREADY, do you? :blink:

Holy crap, they just got cancelled.?????? :ohmy:

R.I.P. Spirit minimates

It might help everyone if you were to use the correct punctuation....unless you know something !

Maybe I do... :blink:

We also have to remember that everything seems to slow down when the DST crew is off at Toy Fair or wherever...

...and there's also that business on the DST site about moving warehouses... which may factor in too -

I'm not defending DST, but they also do a crappy job of keeping to their ship schedule. Since we all got blindsided by the BSG cancellation, and then they jerked everyone's chain for a few more weeks for good measure, I certainly wouldn't rule out cancellation, but it may be premature (esp since they bothered to shw at Toy Fair.

We also have to remember that everything seems to slow down when the DST crew is off at Toy Fair or wherever...

...and there's also that business on the DST site about moving warehouses... which may factor in too -

I'm not defending DST, but they also do a crappy job of keeping to their ship schedule. Since we all got blindsided by the BSG cancellation, and then they jerked everyone's chain for a few more weeks for good measure, I certainly wouldn't rule out cancellation, but it may be premature (esp since they bothered to shw at Toy Fair.

My guess is they will try and wait and push there release back to when the spirit come out on DVD.

also i called my LCS and they are not coming out this week

Just saw that Art Asylum's newest Ship Date shows 3/18. Of course this doesn't mean they're actually coming out, until they actually come out! My question to anyone is when(or if) the Comic Spirit set comes out, who's gonna make a custom of The Question?