UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got Modern Thor today. Very cool. I immediately when on ebay and got Extremis Iron Man and am now trying to get Invader Cap to round out the trinity.

Is there an Ant-Man and Wasp in MU? I thought of getting the Heroclix Pyms and putting them all together. anyone else done this?

I got Modern Thor today. Very cool. I immediately when on ebay and got Extremis Iron Man and am now trying to get Invader Cap to round out the trinity.

Is there an Ant-Man and Wasp in MU? I thought of getting the Heroclix Pyms and putting them all together. anyone else done this?

there will be a miniature sized Ant Man (Red & Blue costume) released with the upcoming MU YellowJacket & there was a little Wasp figure (Green costume) released with the Secret Wars Absorbing Man & Doom 2-pack.

Both figures looked like unarticulated pack-ins.

Unless you want Doom, Abosrbing Man & Yellow Jacket, HeroClix might be a better way to go. The MU Pack-ins certainly don't look very detailed. . .

post-2737-1282297599_thumb.jpg post-2737-1282297664_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Pics Added.

Edited by Nessex

I bought the IM/BP set, because I never cared much for the first Panther figure. This one's much better. These seem to have been shipped in mass quantities in at least my area; I wouldn't be surprised if we're picking them up at clearance prices in the near future.

I also saw the new comics packs at one Target, the DA Wolvie/Spidey and Cyclops/Dark Phoenix sets. She's the only one I want, personally, but I couldn't bring myself to spend $13 on her.

By the way, I don't collect Star Wars, however; I recently snagged Boba Fett and all the bounty hunter characters because I always liked them. The I-G88 & Bossk figures come with a huge bag of extra weapons behind the cards. More than enough weapons that are in scale with your MU figures. It was kinda a neat surprise.

So I'm getting Modern Thor today because a friend sold him to me for SRP here (around 9 dollars) and he's kinda hard to find around these parts. I bought it with the intention of re-selling it at acquisition cost but in a set with another toy I can't seem to sell off. I'm afraid it might turn out to be so awesome that it would hook me into collecting 3.75" figures again. I can't even open the bugger, I'm afraid to. Plus justifying another line to the girlfriend is going to be a very hard thing to do. "3.75 inchers again? You already have your little guys (Minimates), and why do you have Thor? I thought you weren't going to jump into this Avengers/New Avengers stuff?" (Yep, girl knows her comics.)

Useless trivia: I used to collect 6", then shifted to 3.75", then sold everything except for my McFarlane/Campbell 6" Spidey and Showdown Spidey to finance the new hobby (at the time) - Minimates.

Don't feel bad. I grew up in the 70's collecting Megos and then selling them all in a garage sale because I had started collecting 3.75" figures. Mostly Star Wars, but also Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, & anything else that scale. By the early 80's I was getting G.I. Joe and the occasional MOTU. In the early 90's Toy Biz had switched the scale to 5" and I sold all my 3.75" vintage figures so I could go to a rave in St. Louis. I continued to collect 5" figures and some of the 8" Famous Covers series until the Marvel Legends craze hit. I simply couldn't go through this again and missed out on the entire 6-7" line. Now MU came out and I was like...no, I already collect minimates and I love them, that's enough. But I just couldn't resist having them in this scale. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy. I thought I had gotten past all this. :lol:

I've got Thor, and Cap and Iron Man are in the post, but I don't think Cap comes with a stand. Is there anything I could get as a substitute. Do Hasbro sell stands separate? Does anyone here have a spare they would like to sell?

Edited by demonpr

Got a few of these guys over the past days. Got Wrecker from a member of another forum, and SDCC Cap, two AIM Soldiers, and Hulkbuster from Chicago Comic Con.

I've only looked at Wrecker so far as he came loose, and he rocks!!! Now I have to go and find the rest of the Crew.

Got a few of these guys over the past days. Got Wrecker from a member of another forum, and SDCC Cap, two AIM Soldiers, and Hulkbuster from Chicago Comic Con.

I've only looked at Wrecker so far as he came loose, and he rocks!!! Now I have to go and find the rest of the Crew.

I've seen reviews (check out the one on Chase Variant) of the SDCC Captain America and they're almost all positive. I'm jealous that you snagged one.

For the low, low price of $30! :P

Ouch. That's what I was afraid of. I need to keep money in my Paypal account in case another stolen Classic Storm shows up on e-bay (I missed the two that have shown up). I know...that's contributing to crime, but I'm mad at Hasbro after they specifically said that they would give info on the Giant-Sized X-Men set at SDCC, but didn't. It was like, "We're going to make everyone suffer for our secret getting spoiled!". I also resent buying 6 figures to get 1 that I want. :angry:

Edited by Chazwinski

The GSMX box set they have teased at will see them re-releasing that same sculpt of Nightcrawler from the Secret Wars pack, and it's the 3rd release of that sculpt of cyclops.

Wolverine & Colossus will no doubt be re-used sculpts too - so with 4 repeats and only two new looks/sculpts, they can eat it!

It's totally understandable that people wont want re-treads of characters they already have in similar/identical looks.

Improved? Yeah. Perfected? No, not yet. Some figures do still feel a bit flimsy, and I've had several arm joints that needed a lot of work to loosen (and my Sub-Mariner's arm broke clean off). Could be better, could be worse.

Incidentally, I found an AIM soldier at TRU today, first time I've seen the newest waves there.

The Target here has 2 AIM Soldiers if anyone is interested. I bought the MU Thor and Beachhead and Firefly from the new GI Joe series today. BeachHead comes with a ton of weapons. I'm pondering going to TRU and getting the Quick Kick too.

Get Kobra Kai Quick Kick! :P But also get "Billy" Spirit. He's probably my favorite released so far.

Not a fan of the Firefly, but the Beachhead is perfection.

Quick 'Bruce Lee' Kick is a must I think, but I'm not wild on Spirit I have almost bought him several times but always talk myself out of it.