UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

I like him for the accessories and headsculpt. I really don't like the color scheme, so I'm going to eventually paint him.

Anyways, back to MU discussion, Target raised the prices of the comic packs to 15.47. Of course they only have the SW Wv. 1 from over a year ago. Clearance them already!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went shopping around today. Saw the Venom/Daken 2 pack but no Cyclops/Phoenix (I hope I get mine in the mail soon).

Bought the Wolverine vs. Hand Ninja. The first pic is of Wolvie, He's a little too tall like the other MU Wolvies (pic 2) but his head sculpt is the best so far IMO and he looks a LOT better than the Wolverine:Origins one as you can see in the third pic.

I still like the Brown Wolverine from the Origins line best though(pic 4) as it's the right size. I'm also officially avoiding Wolverines from now on.

post-2001-1282963317_thumb.jpgpost-2001-1282963369_thumb.jpg

post-2001-1282963385_thumb.jpgpost-2001-1282963397_thumb.jpg

I also got Iron Spidey. He's cool and they even explain why this figure has 4 tentacles instead of 3. Evidently the suits are being used by other "Scarlet Spiders" and now have the 4 arms. I am also officially avoiding Spider-mans now. I have enough.

post-2001-1282963408_thumb.jpg

Also got a Darth Vader/Snowtrooper/BikerScout set on sale.

Edited by Chazwinski

• 2 weeks later...

I found the Dark Phoenix/Cyclops Comic Pack at Target the other day; there was one amongst a case of Nightcrawlers and the Dark Avengers sets. I ALMOST didn't pick up, but i have a feeling this'll be a hard one to find and it IS Jeanie after all.

Why did i almost not buy it?? Simple; Hasbro seems to hate Jeanie in this scale. The one i saw had the hair misaligned completely; it was over to the right to have the partition in the ceter instead of the left, and it was so far back that it became the most unnatural, inhuman forehead i have ever seen.

This morning i ripped it off and reglued, and she's now my favorite MU. She looks perfect when fixed, and it was a real simple fix to do; only a slight gle trail left on the right side, but it's hardly noticable. Scott ws already perfect, except for some smear on the eyepiece. Also, if you have Titanium Man, Jean looks great with his fire-fist.

All-in-all, great set, well worth the buy. I'm not sure if all Jean's will have that error, but if they do don't let it phase you. Easy fix. And somethng worth noting, the comic advertised on the cardback is #175, but the comic included is #136. There's even asticker overtop where it says what one is included. Odd.

My Phoenix/Cyclops pack has been pushed back again. I should get them this month and I'll post pics. It's odd that they changed the comic at the last minute. Either one would have been cool as they are both awesome stories. In #175, Dark Phoenix is actually just an illusion created by Mastermind to mess with the team's emotions, but Cyclops has to take down the entire X-Men by himself as they think he's Jean! I'm not a huge Scott fan, but this was my favorite issue of him.

#136 is iconic Byrne era, in which the X-Men actually fight Dark Phoenix. Maybe that's why they changed it?

Anyways, fans of Jean will be happy with either comic.

Cyclops is my favorite X-man, in large part because of 175. One of Claremont's best scripts, GORGEOUS art by Paul Smith. But if you're going to do a Cyclops/Phoenix set based on a comic, it has to be 136, doesn't it? It's THE issue. Even though Jean spends most of the issue in her Marvel Girl costume.

Looks like new stuff has made it's way to Wal-Mart. Went a little nuts last night and bought the Wrecker, Winter Soldier, Iron Patriot and Mary Jane (and even passed on a Skrull). It's really cool to have the whole Wrecking Crew together. This line has really done a nice job in tapping into the breadth of the Marvel Universe, much more then Marvel Legends ever did. Still want Wrecking Crew Minimates though. :D

Cyclops is my favorite X-man, in large part because of 175. One of Claremont's best scripts, GORGEOUS art by Paul Smith.

I wish that Sideshow Collectibles agreed with you. They are doing a Cyclops Premium Format statue and he's wearing the 90s get-up. Instead of the awesome 70s/80s design we get pouches, leg-straps, and silly brown jacket. Damn you, 1990s :(

Edited by karamazov80

It's really cool to have the whole Wrecking Crew together. This line has really done a nice job in tapping into the breadth of the Marvel Universe, much more then Marvel Legends ever did. Still want Wrecking Crew Minimates though. :D

I've gotta agree with you there. Hasbro, for all their missteps regarding paint aps & QC, seem to be making a decent effort to tap into a wide range of characters and deliver a good mix of sellers & fan-boy character selection.

ToyBiz was perhaps held back a bit by the scale . . . 6" figures makes it more expensive to have multipacks and the multipacks from hasbro have given the security of selling a mainstream/popular character (Like Spiderman, Wolverine, Iron Man) with b-listers and less sellable figures (Absorbing Man, Thunderball, Enchantress, SpiderWoman 2 etc. . .)

Here's hoping the trend continues. I'm loving collecting some of the dated X-Men that never made it into the ML line like 90's Jean Grey, 90's Multiple Man etc . . .

EDIT: LOL - just read karamazov80's comment regarding the 90's. Looks like my post was less than perfectly timed. he he he.

Edited by Nessex

I remember when Jim Lee revamped the X-Men's look and at first I thought they looked awesome... of course Lee's artwork sure helped in that respect. I think the FOX cartoon introduced a whole new generation to the X-Men and made these costumes iconic for a lot of people. That said, I don't think the 90's were kind to the X-Men in terms of writing (I was NOT a Lobdell fan, sorry AOA lovers!) and I don't think the costumes withstood the test of time. I'm glad they don't wear those costumes anymore but I can see how they make some fans nostalgic... I feel the same way about the Byrne era because that's when I first discovered the X-Men (yes I'm old).

I remember a friend of mine around that time pointing out how silly Psylocke's costume was, with all those little bands, and how long it would take for her to actually put them all on, and it kind of ruined the whole thing for me. Most of those costumes have not aged well, but neither has Jim Lee's fashion sense, if the new Wonder Woman costume is any indication.

I finally found some new figures this weekend and picked up Wrecker, Iron Spider, Winter Soldier and MJ (which made me have to explain to my boys why her and Peter weren't married). I'm still impressed with this line overall and think that if this distribution pattern continues to improve that Hasbro might have figured out how to make this line have some long term potential.

On a related note, I'm still looking for a masked Iron Patriot and Skrull figure. If anyone has one of those, I've got a Ms Marvel in a beat up package I'd trade for either one of them loose.

Edited by groundhog7s

I finally found some new figures this weekend and picked up Wrecker, Iron Spider, Winter Soldier and MJ (which made me have to explain to my boys why her and Peter weren't married). I'm still impressed with this line overall and think that if this distribution pattern continues to improve that Hasbro might have figured out how to make this line have some long term potential.

On a related note, I'm still looking for a masked Iron Patriot and Skrull figure. If anyone has one of those, I've got a Ms Marvel in a beat up package I'd trade for either one of them loose.

Iron Patriot is going to be heavily shipped, I think, so I wouldn't worry too much about finding him. He'll probably be joining all those other Iron Men using Stark Repulsor tech to warm the pegs at your local toy aisle.

I have been bitten heavily by this line.

If anyone buys extras, I'd be willing to trade some minimates for them.

If you're having trouble finding any of the older figures, my local Targets & KMarts have still got some.

Things take a bit longer to trickle down to Australia :P We've only *just* started getting the Black Widow Wave.

Has anyone seen the Galactus figures yet? I've heard in some areas he's popping up at TRU and I'm wondering how many of each come to a case? I'm hoping I can find him locally before BBTS contacts me about my order. Still, $6 more + shipping for the variant sure sounds better than running around chasing him down.

I haven't seen Galactus Don and I've been looking all over.

I did find the newest wave last night. I picked up Ghost Rider, Captain Brit., Multiple Man and an Iron Patriot. That means the only characters I'm missing from the whole line are a Skrull and Mystique. This has really turned into a sickness...

I haven't seen Galactus Don and I've been looking all over.

I did find the newest wave last night. I picked up Ghost Rider, Captain Brit., Multiple Man and an Iron Patriot. That means the only characters I'm missing from the whole line are a Skrull and Mystique. This has really turned into a sickness...

I got galactus in from bbts and he's a badass figure. Things is heavy as hell and looks great!

I went out of my way this past weekend and drove up to the Cherry Hill TRU, better known as "we have everything you WANT to buy, all at once, but are miles away. Take that, fanboy" TRU. :rolleyes: I found most of the wave, and pickd up Captain Britain, Iron Patriot, and an AIM Soldier. There were MANY, MANY, MANY Multiple Men, tons of IPs, and a few Wreckers, but sadly no Ghost Rider; he's one of the ones i wanted the most.

Also finally found a "Cherry Barry" DCUC Flash, Spartan Hazop Yellow from Reach, another Lego Baggie (the mime again, for the record), and finally picked up a Blackbolt/Capt Marvel set. I'll need another though...they quickly became fodder.