UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Wireless adapter? Like a Flash-drive-looking-deal that you would plug into the ethernet spot on your computer to receive wireless internet signal? Does such a thing exist and work on the PS3? I could definitely use one. I've got a wire running from one room into the other and frankly, it's a pain in the rear.

Hope this helps

I'm currently playing MW2, and "Feed and change the baby"

On F&CTB I almost had a high score, then Evan peed on me.

Oh dear. So that's what I have to look forward to in January.

Oh man.

That and more.

I have been pooped on, peed on, puked on, and cleaned up said bodily fluids from both of my kids.

Last week Evan decided to spit up alot of formula on my face.

Luckily my mouth was closed.

Good times.

I've been there. My oldest had Pyloric Stenosis so before the surgery she had at 4 weeks old she would projectile vomit the contents of her stomach after every feeding. Her "high score" was a little over 4 feet away and right on to the cat.

I had that also when I was a baby. My mom still brings up my projectile vomiting across the room. I got a nice scar from the surgery too.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I wrapped up the campaign last night and played a few of the op's solo runs. I was playing one today and my wife was a little surprised I had to shoot or snap the dogs necks. I will agree it plays out like a film and I definitely feel another sequel.

Through the glories of Black Friday I finally aquired BioShock. ($5. It would be a SIN not to get it)

And it is absolutely one of the best video games I have ever played in my life.

Good God in Heaven, it's amazing.

Only $5? Where did you buy it? Was it new or used?

New at Best Buy for PC. Far Cry 2 and Assassin's Creed were also $5.

Edited by Trekker 42

Through the glories of Black Friday I finally aquired BioShock. ($5. It would be a SIN not to get it)

And it is absolutely one of the best video games I have ever played in my life.

Good God in Heaven, it's amazing.

Would you kindly let us know what you feel about the ending of Bioshock when you get there? I actually feel the game 'ends' before it actually does, that will make more sense after you finish it.

I loved it because it's basically of rehash of System Shock 2 ( probably one of my all time favourite games for atmosphere and story!) but underwater instead of outerspace with most of the hacking/plasmid/rpg mechanics stolen from that.

We really need them to make a proper System Shock but with this gen graphics etc.

T.

Is Lego Indy 2 worth it for those who had Lego Indy 1?

Yes and no. The core gameplay is the same in that you run around and smash things for studs, basically. But beyond that, they've done a major overhaul to the game system which you'll either love or hate. Instead of having one basic hub that you access all your levels from, you have a hub that accesses a decent sized map of the territories you'll explore in each movie. From there, you basically have to walk/drive to the different levels.

All of your unlockables will be found on that map as well. Want the 2x score multiplier? You'll need to find ten red bricks on one of the maps. Want invincibility? You'll need to find ten blue bricks on another of the maps. All your extra characters are also unlocked on the maps. After you finish a level, usually the thug characters from that level will pour out of the entrance to that level in a wave of baddies. Fight them all off and an extra one comes out with a question mark on his head. Once he's defeated, you can buy him. The boss characters are usually found in pieces outside the last level of the movie, and you have to assemble them, then fight them to unlock them. There are also vehicle/animal races on the map that unlock the ability to purchase more characters.

That's where one of the downsides comes from. You can't select your characters from a menu anymore. Instead, you have to wander the landscape, looking for the guy with the spear if you need a guy with a spear. And the various outfits that Indy wears don't seem to be selectable, which can be more worrisome than you'd think. In the Raiders of the Lost Ark map, there's a gate that needs a Staff of Ra to open. In one of the levels, Indy has this as standard equipment, but you can't use that outfit on the map. Instead, you have to beat the last level of the movie, then assemble, fight, and purchase Belloq for half a million studs just so you can open that gate.

The Free Play has changed as well. Instead of playing through the same levels again with a team of characters to cycle through, you revisit the level after whatever carnage you wrought on the Story Mode play through. This time around, instead of completing the same objective, you're basically searching the level for a treasure chest, which is actually fine. The problem is, you only get two characters to play the level with, and no menu to select them. And no way of knowing which ones you need until you actually enter the level. When you enter the level, it'll have messages flash on the screen saying "You need a character with ITEM NAME to complete this level" So, back to the map to find these two characters.

There's six "episodes" to the game, 1 Raiders, 1 Temple of Doom, 1 Last Crusade, and 3 Crystal Skull (yes, half the game focuses on arguably the weakest movie of the franchise). The story is almost nonexistent for the first three movies, basically just playing through a few scenes reimagined and mostly not the scenes from the first game. And for the bulk of the levels in the game, you basically only play in one "room". In Indy 1, the chapter dealing with Marion's bar played from her bar to wandering around the mountainside village escaping Nazis. In Indy 2, you play in the bar and that's it. In Indy 1, the chapter dealing with the Temple of the Grail started outside the temple, then entered the temple, then made your way through a series of chambers to reach the room with the grail. In Indy 2, its basically one big obstacle course to get to the grail and that's it. Each "episode" breaks down into five levels, where there are basically four types of levels to play through: thug battles where you fight a few waves of enemies and the level's over, vehicle levels where you drive around in cars and crash into other cars to destroy them and then the level's over, boss battles where you fight a giant boss character of some sort and then the level's over, or actual exploring where you wander around trying to complete some objective. All the boss fights are the same, though there are different approaches to them since you have different characters each time. In Raiders, you fight Belloq surrounded by a whirlwind of Nazi killing energy. In Temple of Doom, you fight Mola Ram on top of a giant Thuggee statue. In Last Crusade, you fight Donovan surrounded by a whirlwind of Nazi killing energy. In Crystal Skull part 1, you fight some big robot arms on top of a train (remember that scene?). In Crystal Skull part 2, you fight Dovchenko surrounded by a whirlwind of ants. In Crystal Skull part 3, you fight Spalko surrounded by a whirlwind of Soviet killing energy.

Overall, this game is weaker than the first game. The few changes they made that improve on the formula, like the maps instead of the hubs, are buried under a ton of other changes that just add frustration to the game, like the inability to select your characters and the incredibly short levels.

I haven't checked in for a while, but it's been a few busy gaming weeks for me. Over the last few weeks I've beaten Arkham Asylum, Modern Warfare 2, and Halo 3 ODST twice.

Arkahm turned out to be the most suprising game of the year to me. I am a sucker for super hero games and will normally play them reguardless of quality. To be honest I picked up AA thinking it would be another 2nd rate attempt at Batman. Boy was I wrong, I couldn't put the thing down. Never before have I felt more like Batman. It wasn't just the best super hero game of the year, but one of the best 3rd person action games of the year (right up there with Uncharted in my book!). Anyway, I loved the game and can't recommend it high enough. I sure hope we get a sequel and soon!

Halo 3 ODST was a game that I originally skipped. I beat Halo 3 and then caught caught up in the CoD frenzy and just never looked back. I honestly forgot how much I liked Halo, lol. My Brother flew in for Thanksgiving so I picked up ODST so we could play a little Co-Op. Right away I was ticked because if you've played split screen co-op you know it cuts the edges of the screen off. I was not happy about that one bit. Good news though, soon after I started playing I forgot about the screen completely. At the of the game I have to say I hated I waited so long. It is officially my favorite Halo game, I liked it much more than Halo. Mostly I think it was Story Wise, it was told much better and I loved the flashback sequences. Plus, I like the more Open World feel and the face you are alone on a dark strange planet. It was nice. I played through twice trying to get the Good Samaritan achievement and still didn't get it. Guess I'll have to play a third time when I get the chance, ha!

Modern Warfare is clearly the game of the year. I didn't think I could like a game as much as CoD4, but MW2 I think does it. Most of the reviews I read said they didn't like the story as much as CoD4, but I actually disagree. I loved it and for the sake of spoilers will just say I was completely shocked several times! On top of the awesome story you have a full co-op Special Ops section and of course the best Multiplayer every found in a FPS. So, I've only barely scratched the surface of this game, it will be my holiday addiction this year!

Now, that brings me to my current play list. I'm currently playing New Super Mario Bros Wii, Assasin's Creed, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Shadow Complex, Peggle, and Madden 10. I skipped Assasin's Creed originally, I think I just didn't have the money at the time and just never went back to play it. But I'm seeing the good reviews roll in for 2 so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and give it a shot. So far so good!

neo

Just wanted to stop by and say that I'm addicted to Assassin's Creed.....the first one. I never played it so I picked it up and I can't stop playing. Honestly, I have Modern Warefare 2 and New Super Mario Bros Wii sitting on a shelf and I can't put down a 2 year old game to play them. I LOVE Assassin's Creed! neo

Would you kindly let us know what you feel about the ending of Bioshock when you get there? I actually feel the game 'ends' before it actually does, that will make more sense after you finish it.

Well I finished BioShock and honestly I don't really see your problem here. The game seemed to have a fine ending. Though honestly if a game seems to end before it actually ends that's the point of the sequel. Which I am totally pumped for.

Well I finished BioShock and honestly I don't really see your problem here. The game seemed to have a fine ending. Though honestly if a game seems to end before it actually ends that's the point of the sequel. Which I am totally pumped for.

I meant that the final boss fight thing wasn't needed it should have stopped after the events with Ryan. (trying to keep it spoiler free for those that stil might play this one.)

T.

I meant that the final boss fight thing wasn't needed it should have stopped after the events with Ryan. (trying to keep it spoiler free for those that stil might play this one.)

T.

Actually you have a point. Though the Ryan encounter, epic as it was, was a bit of an anticlimax. Great speech, not much of a "boss" encounter. Not meant to be, but I found that the final boss was very satisfying. I liked the ending of BioShock. At the Ryan encounter I beleive it would have been too short... But hey, that's just me.