UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Alright, I played Batman: AA for about 2 hours last night and I have to say: "Believe the hype"! This is one of the best games that I've played all year and THE. BEST. BATMAN. GAME. EVER. (no that that is saying much). Anyway, the game plays and looks great. The fighting is top notch, the stealth kills are satisfiying and the mood and environment in the game are transporting. I am fixing to get off and cannot wait to play some more. Right now I have it from GameFly, but I have to say I'll probably be paying to keep this baby!

neo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL

Correction, Stealth "Take Downs". Actually, it's funny that you mention that. When you drop a bad guy you can hit detective mode and see that the downed criminal still has a heart beat. Classic!

Anyway, I started back on Shadow Complex again last night. I tell you what, between Batman and Shadow Complex I am torn. Both are great games and very different. It's a good time to own a 360!

neo

Edited by neolego

I have the day off tomorrow. I thought I might as well as Monday is a Bank Holiday here in the UK and it'd be nice to have a long weekend.

The fact that I'm gonna be getting Batman: Arkham Asylum has *nothing* to do with my decision to take a day off, honest ;)

Dude, be prepared to spend your weekend indoors. Batman will suck you in and not let you go!

neo

I agree!! I just got it the other day and played it for an hour straight last night...with only 1% completed. If anyhting, this game'll take a while...the characters have been so fun so far though. Hamill's Joker hasn't lost his touch and is even darker, and this version of Harley is just great; no longer is she the needy, Joker-dependent weakling, and it's just awesome. Of cours,e it could be that costume talking...:wub: Can't wait to fight Pam though; from the pre-release video for her, it looks challenging and cool at the same time.

Oh, and i forget that EB Games was a direct "sister" to Gamestop. I got my Scarecrow Map after all, and let me say, THIS is gonna be a hard thing to beat. I made it ot round 2...and died...Neat design for Crane, though; VERY Arkham-fitting...in fact, ALL the designs are fantastic. I wouldn't mind DC Direct figures of them all. :happy:

Does anyone know when that TRU Batman Arkham Asylum w/Batman Lego is over? I might pick that up that way, I'm not impressed with the batarang promo. I'm currently playing Splinter Cell: Double Agent. Was a little put off initially because of operator error, but have gotten sucked into this. Almost picked up Rainbow Six 2 today at Target, but wasn't sure if $29.99 was the price for me.

I have both a PS3 and 360 (a Wii as well, not that it matters), but I find myself so invested in Gamerscore/Achievements that if it's a Multi-Console game I will always buy/play it on 360. I know Sony has "trophy" support now, but it still doesn't hold a candle to achievements!

neo

'Lego, is there any incentive to the achievements beyond. . .just achieving them? I mean, are there gifts or better avatars if you get a certain amount?

...........no....

lol

There really isn't right now. However, starting soon ('Slosion Man being the first) when you get certain achievements you will unlock clothes for your Avatar, called awards. So, just imagine beating MW2 on Hardened and getting a cool sniper shirt or Camo Army outfit or something.

As for now though, there really isn't anything other than just bragging rights. It is something kinda cool with your friends. My Brother-in-Law and me are always battling back and forth about who has more gamerscore. It's like a generic, global, leaderboard of Xbox people. But is there any value to it at all? Nope......dang Microsoft, it might as well be Crack and LIVE might as well be the street corner!

neo

Dude, if you can get Batman Arkham Asylum and LEGO Batman for the same price you will be a real life superhero. Those are the two best Batman games ever.

neo

Through TRU.com picked up the BM: AA for cost and Lego BM for free. I also got free shipping and had a gift card, so it was about $40.25 when all was said and done. I was little bummed Rainbow Six 2 wasn't included in the free shipping, but I can get that for the same price($29.99) at Target.

Damn, just saw that on Tuesday, Arkham Asylum was selling for $60 with a $30 gift card at TRU. Wish I would have known :(

Yeah, it was a $20.00 gift card at my local store today and that was kind of sad to me. I could have bought the game there and paid next to nothing, but I wanted the Batman Lego.

What a fantastic game Batman: Arkham Asylum is. It's like being in a Batman comic!

I'm 16% complete, only on Easy though (I hate hard computer games, I always give up early).

My favourite bits so far are

Scarecrow's fear gas attack in the morgue and Bane's attack. That Bane part was mayhem with so much going on!

Ok folks I dont normally post deals up but best buy has a dooozy on right now for 360 owners...

Buy one game and get one 50% off, which includes preorder stuff and a lot of current releases.

For example you could order MW2 for $60 and get Halo: ODST for $30.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id...p;type=category

If you are looking to preorder the big games coming this holiday season then this is a great way to save some $$$

T.

I've been playing Resident Evil 5 a bit recently. Of course, it is a brilliant shooter, very similar to part 4. And now I'm really tempted by the Hot Toys figures that are starting to come out.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&a...urce=search0109

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&a...urce=search0109

Ok folks I dont normally post deals up but best buy has a dooozy on right now for 360 owners...

Buy one game and get one 50% off, which includes preorder stuff and a lot of current releases.

Seems like Toys R Us offers the same kind of deal periodically in their store, for various systems.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm going to move our conversation into a different direction:

A lot of news today is all the hate Disney is getting in buying Marvel. While I'm not excited by the idea I've realized that there is a silver lining. That ray of hope?

Kingdom Hearts.

That's right, KH1 & 2 were missing Pixar characters, but we were promised that they would appear in KH3 because Disney bought Pixar at KH2's launch. Now Marvel characters too?

Honestly, I'm not sure how good an idea this is, since Marvel is such a broad universe but Kingdom Hearts is one of the finest crafted games ever made and there definetly is some room for something new here.

Thoughts?

I'm going to move our conversation into a different direction:

A lot of news today is all the hate Disney is getting in buying Marvel. While I'm not excited by the idea I've realized that there is a silver lining. That ray of hope?

Kingdom Hearts.

That's right, KH1 & 2 were missing Pixar characters, but we were promised that they would appear in KH3 because Disney bought Pixar at KH2's launch. Now Marvel characters too?

Honestly, I'm not sure how good an idea this is, since Marvel is such a broad universe but Kingdom Hearts is one of the finest crafted games ever made and there definetly is some room for something new here.

Thoughts?

Hell f**king yes. HELL! F**KING! YES!

I mean, damn. Kingdom Hearts with Spider-Man or Cap. Well... if they have to choose one marvel world and one guy to be your partner in the Marvel world It'd be Spidey... But still.

Yeah, Marvel Kingdom Hearts. That is THE best-case scenario on Marvel being Disney-owned. Worst, of course, is the crossovers suggested in the other thread. But just as long as they don't d**k around with my beloved Ultimate Universe, I'm good.

I just got Madworld, I love it. I doubt I can say my favorite line without getting in trouble. I suck at Man Darts though.

Is it really that good? I saw it at Target for 8 bucks and considered, but didn't go for it.

They were selling it for 8 dollars!? Get it. It's quite fun a little short though. Unless you don't like profanity or ultra violence it's worth it. I'd also recommend No More Heroes if you can't tell by my icon, I love it.