neolego

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a question for you guys!

I currently own: Shadow, Complex, Trials HD, Turtles in Time, and 'Slosion Man. The only Summer of Arcade game that I didn't buy was Marvel vs. Capcom. I have never played it before and I've never been a big fighting game fan. However, with the MS promotion, if you buy all 5 games, you will get 800 MS Points. So, if you do the math, I can actually buy MvsC for 1200 points, and get my 800 points bonus and really only be our 400 points ($5). So, I guess my question is: IS MvsC good enough for $5 or should I just keep my $5 for something else?!?!

neo

The only 2 games I bought this summer were Turtles in Time & MvC2.

I'm not a fighting game fan either, but MvC2 has been one of my fav. for years. You can't beat the fact that there are something like 64 characters to play as. On the Capcom side everyone from Megaman to Ryu is there, and marvel? Everyone from Juggernaut to BlackHeart.

Do it.

You know, I've never been one to argue with you Nestle! ;)

I think I will, I mean, even if I don't play it much it should still be worth $5 to see Iron Man kick the crap outta Mega Man.

neo

Well, just a week away from Arkham Asylum!!! Okay, so i never pre-order anything, especially Minimates and Video Games. But this is one game i just had to make sure i bought; it looks incredible, and is a really fantastic concept. I mean, what's the real premise behind going around Gotham and fighting down these all-powerful supervillains that somehow just got released (or escaped, to be fair) from Arkham?? The whole premise of "okay, Batman is locked in the Asylum with like 20 other villains who were already there, and has to fight his way out" just works, not to mention how dark and creepy the whole aspect of the Asylum is.

The BTAS voices is just icing on the cake; my favorite take on Joker and Bats by far...besides my own. ;)

I just really wish that the commercial trailers had come out a while ago. If i had known that pre-ordering with Gamestop would get you that pretty damn cool "Scarecrow's Skeleton Island" level, i'd have gone with them and not EB Games. :(

Holy Cow! Shadow Complex may be my Game of the Year!!!

So, I downloaded the game from my Work Computer yesteday so it would be ready when I got home last night. The first level just wowed me. The way you can shoot in the foregound and background is fantastic. I've only played about an Hour and I honestly can't wait to get home tonight and play some more.

I'm looking forward to ODST and MW2, but after playing SC, I'm not sure which game will get the most of my attention.

neo

Holy Cow! Shadow Complex may be my Game of the Year!!!

So, I downloaded the game from my Work Computer yesteday so it would be ready when I got home last night. The first level just wowed me. The way you can shoot in the foregound and background is fantastic. I've only played about an Hour and I honestly can't wait to get home tonight and play some more.

I'm looking forward to ODST and MW2, but after playing SC, I'm not sure which game will get the most of my attention.

neo

Ok this could be a first... a videogame we agree upon ;)

I D/L Shadow Complex last night and played for perhaps 3-4hrs or so ( went way too fast!) and it's a great game, a total rip off/homage to metroid/castlevania but one that is VERY well done and a lot of fun.

I can also see a lot of replayability on this one, I already want to go back and explore all the nooks and crannies that I couldn't reach before!

I don't think it's quite game of the year but for a $15 download it's def worth getting if you want an oldschool NES style game with "this gen" graphics.

Have to say that between this and Battlefield 1943 ( The most fun i've had in an online shooter for a long time) downloadable content is taking up all my 360 time!

T.

Summer of Arcade has been really good.

Trials HD is such a fantastic game, especially because if your friends play it it keeps all your scores together on a friends leaderboard, so there's a lot of rivalry.

I've been playing the Champions Online beta on and off. If anyone sees The FlyingArmadillo running around, that's me. :) Feel free to say hello.

I just spent about 3 and a half hours playing Arkham Asylum and it is very good. The best Batman game, which I understand is not saying much but still. Very fun. Although it does get a little repetitive. The game was written by DCAU Genius Paul Dini and contains many of the voices from the Batman animated series including Kevin Conrad and Mark Hamill. Anyway I have been playing for a while and I am only 15% through so this one may actually be worth the money to pick it up.

I have actually thought about picking up Metroid Prime Trilogy, as I haven't played any of the three games. However, I haven't bought a Wii game since Super Mario Galaxy and haven't played my Wii this year. I may pass.

How sweet would it be if Nintendo would sell out and just become a publisher, then I could have Mario and Link on my 360......Man, what could be!

neo

I have been a pretty hard-core Nintendo supporter since I was a kid, through every system except the Virtual Boy (gave me headaches). But the lack of good titles being released on the Wii might be changing my opinion. I'm kind of with you, Lego. If they are gonna release 1 or 2 decent titles a year, I would prefer them to go the Sega route and just bring Link, Mario, and Metroid to the 360 or PS3. Unfortunately, the Wii system has apparently been incredibly popular despite all that, so I don't reckon this will happen anytime soon.

I've just been up to Team Fortress 2, which is the best class-based shooter OTHER THAN Call of Duty 4.

Speaking of Call of Duty... has anyone pre-ordered Modern Warfare 2 yet? Or am I the only one on the board? ;)

I have pretty high hopes for this game seeing the fact that CoD 4 is my most played game ever, I have over 9 days

logged into the multiplayer, and probably a day into the single player. Also Fable 3 was announced at Gamescom. A major point in the presentation, is that you get to become king/ruler of Albion. I am most definitly getting this, as I LOVED Fable 2 and have beaten it 6 times :lol:

After reading the IGN review and watching some videos, I am very interested in the Batman: Arkham Asylum game. When it gets down to $20-30, I will very probably check it out.

I am really enjoying it. I know that they were going for a gritty type look with the character designs but since they made a point of getting so many of the animated series cast in it I kind of wish that it would have been like a playable animated series type game. Hearing Kevin Conrad's voice come out of that Batman is a little strange at first especially since I adore the Animated DC Universe. Steven

I'm also interested in Batman: AA. It's actually in the mail from GameFly and will be here tomorrow. I can't wait!!

and Wii, I'm so with you on Fable. It's probably one of my favorite RPGs of all time. I loved it. I'm more of a casual gamer so I enjoyed the action RPG elemets of the game. Anyway, I'm super stoked for Fable III, it can't come soon enough!

neo

I'm also interested in Batman: AA. It's actually in the mail from GameFly and will be here tomorrow. I can't wait!!

and Wii, I'm so with you on Fable. It's probably one of my favorite RPGs of all time. I loved it. I'm more of a casual gamer so I enjoyed the action RPG elemets of the game. Anyway, I'm super stoked for Fable III, it can't come soon enough!

neo

I liked Fable didn't really get into Fable 2. The only RPGs that I have ever really gotten immersed in are Morrowind and Oblivion. I could and did play them both for hours.