UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Are blanks becoming hard to find?

Just curious if the blanks are getting harder to find or if they've always been this way. I'm getting a green blank from someone and don't know if it's worth trying to get any others (on a limited budget). I'm not seeing much on eBay recently and was wondering what anyone else thought.

The most expensive & rarest will be the FCBD White......one day,eventually,perhaps....

......possibly? :rolleyes:

And to think, I actually gave one of those away once! I will never, ever forgive myself for that. That was worse than my selling one of my silver Pimp Daddy Destros for $15 last year :P

The most expensive & rarest will be the FCBD White......one day,eventually,perhaps....

......possibly? :rolleyes:

And to think, I actually gave one of those away once! I will never, ever forgive myself for that. That was worse than my selling one of my silver Pimp Daddy Destros for $15 last year :P

Hind-sight is always 20/20. And a real kick in the crotch.

I think the $32 for that recent blank on Ebay, was a bargain. ANY of the 2003 blanks are very hard to find and quite pricey.

The 2005 blanks can be found for a decent price if you hunt long enough, but even those are becoming scarce.

FCBD minis? They will have their day.

i guess i was lucky in getting my blue blank.I actually got it as a surprise added bonus from a ebay seller when i bought a entire series from him :D as for FCBD mates,i can only hope they become rare since a comic book shop owner friend of mine sent me two bags of them

From what ive heard, they made 40,000 of the FCBD promos.

Now from what ive heard the Emerald city comicon mates were made in a very small batch. I think 2900 of the green logo, 1900 of the blue logo, 100 of the blue blank and 100 of the green blank.

Does anyone know if this is true? And if it is wouldnt the blue blank and green logoless blank be quite rare and valueable?

From what ive heard, they made 40,000 of the FCBD promos.

Now from what ive heard the Emerald city comicon mates were made in a very small batch. I think 2900 of the green logo, 1900 of the blue logo, 100 of the blue blank and 100 of the green blank.

Does anyone know if this is true? And if it is wouldnt the blue blank and green logoless blank be quite rare and valueable?

I think 40,000 of the FCBD blank is a little high. I doubt they would have produced more than 10,000 if that.

As for the ECCC blanks, that break down looks about right. Jaycen or Nick can give you exact numbers I'm sure but yes, 5000 total and there are 100 "logoless" versions of each.

"I think 40,000 of the FCBD blank is a little high. I doubt they would have produced more than 10,000 if that."

:P Oh im not really sure, im just quoting what they said about the FCBD blanks on minimates central.

"although as this is a higher run exclusive (reported to be around 40,000)"

Either way, wouldnt that make the ECCC blue & green logoless blanks quite rare (only 100 of each made)and more valuable?

"I think 40,000 of the FCBD blank is a little high. I doubt they would have produced more than 10,000 if that."

:P Oh im not really sure, im just quoting what they said about the FCBD blanks on minimates central.

"although as this is a higher run exclusive (reported to be around 40,000)"

Actually He's right! This quote is part of an email from AA back in the day.

"yes, there are going to be 40k of those free comic day minimates so i'm sure i can put a few aside for you and the guys. no sweat. when they come out, send me a reminder and i'll get them ready for you.

best,

adam"

T.

40 K :ohmy: So that means I only have 26% of them instead of 98% of them :sad:

I was assured that they were rare,the guy said that "they were as rare as rocking-horse shit "

Some horse ....some shit !

Woah, just how many of them do you have? :P

......Either way, wouldnt that make the ECCC blue & green logoless blanks quite rare (only 100 of each made)and more valuable?

In theory yes. But they would be as rare as the Star Wars Power of the force 2 green saber packages that are missing the holographic sticker. You see, back in the day people were paying high prices to get these bad boys until one person realized that you could just peel off the sticker and have a rare figure. It won't take much to take the ECCC logo off the minimates to make them logoless. So in theory yes, but really no.

......Either way, wouldnt that make the ECCC blue & green logoless blanks quite rare (only 100 of each made)and more valuable?

In theory yes. But they would be as rare as the Star Wars Power of the force 2 green saber packages that are missing the holographic sticker. You see, back in the day people were paying high prices to get these bad boys until one person realized that you could just peel off the sticker and have a rare figure. It won't take much to take the ECCC logo off the minimates to make them logoless. So in theory yes, but really no.

So ,finally,the secret is out :rolleyes: .......& I can guarantee you that a FCBD 'blank' sells for less than a loose Minimate White blank :D

So applying the same principle ,I guess my Mc.Farlane'Sleepy Hollow-Headless Horseman' MIB is worthless now considering it has all of the heads :huh:http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Headless-Horseman-...1QQcmdZViewItem

"yes, there are going to be 40k of those free comic day minimates so i'm sure i can put a few aside for you and the guys. no sweat. when they come out, send me a reminder and i'll get them ready for you.

Wow, I had no idea there were so many of them! It's surprising they don't show up by the hundreds on eBay more often.

Wow, I had no idea there were so many of them! It's surprising they don't show up by the hundreds on eBay more often.

Well, Cappy probably has about a third of them plastered with his numerous blank logos, such as the Spidey blank, the Smiley blank, and the ever popular Cleavage blank.

A majority of the rest are either horded by buttheadsmate or likely to be the base of any number of custom works that started with a blank white mini and a dream.

Well, Cappy probably has about a third of them plastered with his numerous blank logos, such as the Spidey blank, the Smiley blank, and the ever popular Cleavage blank.

A majority of the rest are either horded by buttheadsmate or likely to be the base of any number of custom works that started with a blank white mini and a dream.

The FCBD blank 'thing all stems from a personal debacle of mine on ebay http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...=2956&st=60 . I don't hord them neither do I hoard them .......I herd them ;) .....though I'm not sure what they said .

......& I did have a project in mind for them , CODENAME SPERM.

This involved millions of these spunky little guys being launched simultaneously ......but it never came off.

I am now pursuing those 2004 SDCC rarities..... orange blanks. I am gradually accumulating vast numbers of these little 'jaffas' as they are going to be my next army ......the 'FIRING BLANKS'.

The FCBD blank 'thing all stems from a personal debacle of mine on ebay http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...=2956&st=60 . I don't hord them neither do I hoard them .......I herd them ;) .....though I'm not sure what they said .

Doh! And I thought I knew better than to make grammatical errors when talking around you. Still better than whoring them, I suppose.

I only used about 40 or so of the white minis in my customs. You can't blame any shortages on me :)

I never really had any interest in blanks until I picked up the ECCC ones, and then I received the blue 2005 WW blank from Boyd last Secret Santa, and now I need to track down the other 4. I live in Massachusetts but couldn't make it to the Boston Con, which sucks cuz they NEVER have cons here <_<

BS

Edited by blacksun1520

I never really had any interest in blanks until I picked up the ECCC ones, and then I received the blue 2005 WW blank from Boyd last Secret Santa, and now I need to track down the other 4. I live in Massachusetts but couldn't make it to the Boston Con, which sucks cuz they NEVER have cons here <_<

BS

Wow, this is the first time I've ever corrupted someone into buying more Minimates. I feel so evil...

• 6 months later...

Hey folks,

I just paid $27.01 for all 4 2008 SDCC give-away minimates on eBay. Even tho I went to SDCC last year, I was not thinking of minimates at the time....so dumb, so dumb. Was that a good buy?

Edited by jason4444