UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Art of Diamond Select's 'Minimates'

For the Marvel poster (cause I know you have the answer Fujis :thumbsup: ), Did it come with Toyfare #80 as a seperate "take out" poster or was it just used as an ad in the magazine?

AFAIK it was part of an article. Here's a scan of the page minus the text.

Thank you, thank you for that link. I wouldn't have found it without someone calling my attention to it.

Clicking the images brings up a nice 700px wide version. It's the first time I've been able to get a good look at some of these posters. I sense copyright infringement in my future. ;)

Yes, the high resolution images were very nice. I think some of these might find their way through my printer and onto my wall. :)

Or perhaps a T-shirt or two ;)

T.

since Ive got a tshirt order in at the printer already, using some of Ivans awsome artwork, I'll have to add a couple of these ones to it...heh my wife is gonna roll her eyes at all my minimate shirts soon

and I am definatly gonna get a couple of these poster printed!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Fantastic article, and I'm SOOOO happy to finally have clean, hi-res copies of those posters. Eventually I'm going to print them out at Mimimate scale and decorate a street scene with them!

• 1 month later...

My favorite is the the early Marvel one that is split down the middle, with Storm on the top right corner. I saw it on eBay cheap once, and forgot to bid :( I still kick myself for that.

My favorite is the the early Marvel one that is split down the middle, with Storm on the top right corner. I saw it on eBay cheap once, and forgot to bid :( I still kick myself for that.

I love that one too. I was lucky to get one printed on vinyl at Diamond when we got a tour of the DST offices. It's big too, 36 x 24 inches.

DSC02155.jpg

Nice score, BHM. For mere pennies!

Now, some one tell me again where these came from and how I can score one? (hmm, maybe SDCC visitors can find them at the booth...)

my LCS owner got it from a minimate order. Its not too big, so its right above my mates