UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What is the next possible box set??

Well now since we have gotten a Defenders, FA Avengers, Defenders, Civil War and the first box set of the X-Men what does every one think the next possible line will be?

And does getting these particular box sets have any common themes to them that would allow us minimatacholics to accuratly predict future box sets?

My thinking is that each of these box sets creates highly sought after characters, and some lesser charachters.

Highly desired

-night crawler

-colosuus

-dr. strange namor

-wasp

-antman/giant man

-bucky

Lesser desired

-warpath

-nitro

-valkirye

-human tourch

just something to think about

We still have the "unmasked" Green Goblin Minimate from the Target wave that hasn't been released yet. And the Goblin is making a big comeback in the comics in Thunderbolts and in Spider-Man later this summer. I'm thinking that a Thunderbolts box set might be a pretty good bet...

If they were to released a "Skrullified" (nice word by the way) set, I would still get them but they'd sit in the box. I'd have no real valid reason for getting them other than I enjoy the Secret Invasion serires so far, but these aren't versions we are all dying for if you know what i mean. And Ramses could you please elaborate on how Thunderbird was a lesser wanted member of the X-Men boxset? I mean although he died fairly soon I think he was a pretty important member of the team. Was it because they should have included a Jean Grey first?

I see an Excalibur box set... ( Ok It's a long stretch & just a gratuitous way to get Cap Britain but...)

Cap Britain ( Classic 80's Davis version please)

Kitty Pride ( Old school costume with lockheed accessory)

Rachel Summers Phoenix (red 'hound' costume).

Nightcrawler (To give those that want one and cant find one a chance.)

Or

Henchmen set...

Skrull warrior

Hand Ninja

Hydra soldier

Shield Agent

Which would sell crazy as people would army build with it.

T.

As I have posted before, I think that a Classic, first appearance X-Men is a logical extension of the Avengers set, and would be a big seller. If four, it should have Beast, Marvel Girl, Cyclops, and Angel, IMO (frosted Iceman was already released. . .though in an ideal world, we would get an updated version of him and Prof. X, too).

I would love an Excalibur set, but wonder if DST would gamble on a team created in the late 80s that was never hugely popular or iconic in the way that groups like the Avengers or Invaders are. The same could be said for the Defenders, but then, that set contained two essential and previously unreleased Marvel characters along with a new Hulk.

Chuck suggested that World War Hulk was unlikely (though hinting that a Silver Surfer variant from that series might be possible).

I also think that a "Sinister 4" set is likely, and another unlikely, but "dream" set for me (along with Excalibur, which would be my top pick) would be the Wrecking Crew. . .

Edited by karamazov80

Henchmen set...

Skrull warrior

Hand Ninja

Hydra soldier

Shield Agent

Are you trying to bleed my wallet dry?!

I was going to suggest that a modern Excalibur set would make more sense, but now that I think about it, the box set format is better for visiting certain points in Marvel history, with the standard release waves being for the modern stuff. So, go with the classic team, though I don't see them cramming another Nightcrawler down our throat when he's already been released twice. Maybe Meggan as a replacement?

First Appearance X-Men is crying out for a boxset and it wont take alot of new pieces so cheap to do.

Cyclops. Just a repaint with added Cap America gauntlets and fold over boots

Beast. Bullseye mask powerchest duck feet and big hands like new abomination. I know this would make him taller with the feet but bending the knees brings him down to scale.

Angel. Bullseye mask. Cap America Gloves and fold over boots and a new piece for the wings.

Marvel Girl. Cap America Gloves and fold over boots and a new sculpt for the mask and hair.

Iceman just a basic mate with fold over boots.

So for a whole box there needs to be 2 pieces made new.

Edited by MiniFiend UK

If they were to released a "Skrullified" (nice word by the way) set, I would still get them but they'd sit in the box. I'd have no real valid reason for getting them other than I enjoy the Secret Invasion serires so far, but these aren't versions we are all dying for if you know what i mean. And Ramses could you please elaborate on how Thunderbird was a lesser wanted member of the X-Men boxset? I mean although he died fairly soon I think he was a pretty important member of the team. Was it because they should have included a Jean Grey first?

I mean by Warpath he was not the big headliner everyone wanted. Because people wanted Nightcrawler, colosuss, and at that time the yellow version of wolvie before we became saturated with Logans.

He was like a character that you would be like it'd be cool if they made him sort of thing.

I think the two most likely will be the 1st AXmen or the thunderbolts but I would be more inclined if they did an early addition T Botls with BZ,Powerman, Beetle and somebody else

All great ideas so far! I'd love to see an Infinity Gaunlet set:

Thanos (new design - Big Chest piece?)

Adam Warlock

Mistress Death (two different heads)

Drax the Destroyer (or Firelord maybe?)

All great ideas so far! I'd love to see an Infinity Gaunlet set:

Thanos (new design - Big Chest piece?)

Adam Warlock

Mistress Death (two different heads)

Drax the Destroyer (or Firelord maybe?)

Not a bad idea. We are getting Nova and Gamora in a future wave - they would seem like less of an odd duo if there was a box set with more cosmic characters on the way.

First Appearance X-Men is crying out for a boxset and it wont take alot of new pieces so cheap to do.

Cyclops. Just a repaint with added Cap America gauntlets and fold over boots

Beast. Bullseye mask powerchest duck feet and big hands like new abomination. I know this would make him taller with the feet but bending the knees brings him down to scale.

Angel. Bullseye mask. Cap America Gloves and fold over boots and a new piece for the wings.

Marvel Girl. Cap America Gloves and fold over boots and a new sculpt for the mask and hair.

Iceman just a basic mate with fold over boots.

So for a whole box there needs to be 2 pieces made new.

This would be my Holy Grail. Despite my nomination of Ice-Man as 'worst costume ever' in his 'Mashed Potato- man' guise I would actually love a 'mate of him in that form! Good shout 'Fiend.

I mean by Warpath he was not the big headliner everyone wanted. Because people wanted Nightcrawler, colosuss, and at that time the yellow version of wolvie before we became saturated with Logans.

Good point, I wondered why they didn't give us Jean before him, so I agree with you on that. But I don't we ever would have gotten him if it weren't for this set even though he's in my opinion a "classic" member.

Good point, I wondered why they didn't give us Jean before him, so I agree with you on that. But I don't we ever would have gotten him if it weren't for this set even though he's in my opinion a "classic" member.

OK I've been waiting for someone to step in here... but no one has so...

Hey people are we ALL talking about "Thunderbird" ? there is no warpath minimate!! ;)

T.

Henchmen set...

Skrull warrior

Hand Ninja

Hydra soldier

Shield Agent

T.

I agree this would sell the F out...now if we could just get Chuck and Matt to get on board. It seems in all of their replies they are like, yea army builders dont work...

I agree this would sell the F out...now if we could just get Chuck and Matt to get on board. It seems in all of their replies they are like, yea army builders dont work...

They're already doing a type of "army building" by including accessories to create different versions of a given character. To get all versions of the Wasp, Iron Man, and Captain America in the new box sets you'd have to buy 3 sets of each!

I think it's only a matter of time before we see true "army builders" like the one Timbo suggested. Lego has 'em, why not Minimates?

The sets that I want would be

FA X-Men

Cyclops

Marvel Girl

Angel

Beast

Ultimates

(I hate to limit it to 4)

Cap

Thor

Iron Man

Wasp

Sinister Six

Electro

Vulture

Kraven

Update Doc Ock

Henchmen set...

Skrull warrior

Hand Ninja

Hydra soldier

Shield Agent

T.

I assumed when they said 'army builders don't work' that they were referring to the BSG Cylons or LOR 'whatevers'. It begs the question did the Cylons not sell well or were there that many to sell? They are fairly scarce on ebay esp. orig.'single'Classics.

Nick Fury is now fairly collectible purely I feel as a donor Shield 'army' builder & the Skrull/Thing 2 pack is my current 'New rare on the block' perhaps for the same reason.

Army builders therefore would seem to be the way forward though maybe that DST marketing dept. is still deaf/blind.

Beast. Bullseye mask

Angel. Bullseye mask

I might actually prefer the slip-over masks that we have seen a lot of starting with, I believe, the early DCD figures. It's just a personal preference thing, but it also wouldn't cost anything in terms of new molds, since you just apply the paint apps that you want (plus, you can get different facial expressions for the "maskless" mutants, which could be cool). Jean's mask would require a new sculpt, but I think Batgirl's really turned out nicely, so if it was something like that, I wouldn't complain.

To reinforce BHM's post, I think it had a lot to do with the figures that they were trying to "army build" previously. Cylons:

-are kind of a niche thing, that wouldn't necessarily interest as many people as comic characters might

-were only available in the "army-building" 5 packs at certain stores that not everybody had access to

-regarding the 5-packs, were not really good for army building anyway, since you had 5 different types of figures, 3 of which ("downloaded," the one with blood-stained hand, and the one with battle damage) either don't make sense or don't look right as "army" members

-were overly complicated for Minimates, anyway, with all the extra accessories and add-ons. This point has contributed to my relative lack of interest.

The other army builders that I know of were the LOTR army builder guys, and apart from looking kind of dull, I don't think that line was very popular overall to begin with, was it?

So, again, I think they are basing their opinions on future army-builders on past experiences that may not necessarily apply to future lines based on different kinds of figures. Doing something like a 2-pack of Kree and Skrull soldiers in the next regular wave would probably be a relatively risk-free and more reasonable way of testing the potential for DST to make money off of Marve-based army-buliders in the future (I can pretty much guarantee that it would be the most popular pack in just about any give series not including Deadpool, if released).

Edited by karamazov80

I agree on the Classic X-Men set and on the Sinister 4 set and some sets I would love are:

Ultimates:

Cap, Thor, Iron Man, and Ultimate Fury

Frightful four:

Wizard, Deadpool, Trapster, Sandman (in his weird outfit.)

Ultimate Frightful Four (I wonder if they could get away with this. It is Ultimate not zombies after all. There is no restriction on Ultimate stuff)

Zombie Reed, Sue, Johnny, and Thing.

I'm putting that one in the Q and A

EDIT: Saw a sugggestion for ultimate Nick and agreed with it. Much beter than Ultimate Panther.

Edited by Trekker 42

Tons of possibilities. They have done a lot of teams lately (Defenders, Classic Avengers, Invaders), so here are some possibilities:

Champions

Angel (red/yellow), Black Widow, Hercules, Classic Ghost Rider

Masters of Evil (please??)

Baron Zemo (with parts to make I and II?), Radioactive Man, Enchantress, Black Knight, Executioner

Brotherhood

Magneto Classic, Toad, Quicksilver Green, Mastermind, Scarlet Witch Classic

Brotherhood II

Blob, Avalanche, Pyro, Destiny

Classic X-Men

Cyclops, Iceman (snowy), Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel

Classic X-Men II (Neal Adams)

Cyclops, Iceman, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel (blue/white)

Defenders II (unlikely)

Son of Satan, Hellcat, Nighthawk, Clea

Sinister Six

Vulture, Kraven, Electro, Mysterio (redeco), Doc Ock (bendy tentacles), Sandman

Sinister Syndicate I

Rhino (armored), Beetle, Boomerang, Speed Demon, Hydro-Man

Soviet Super Soldiers

Ursa Major, Crimson Dynamo, Vanguard, Darkstar

Alpha Flight

Sasquatch, Guardian, Puck, Snowbird, Shaman

Also: The Wrecking Crew

I love everyone's set ideas but I doubt any box sets will ever be made without a heavy hitter in the mix. I also strongly doubt we will see any villian only sets. And I don't see a henchmen set ever seeing the light of day. God I hope I'm wrong, though. I say these things because I always seem to jinx things when I say I want them. So I'm trying reverse-jinxing!

But we now need a STEPHEN COLBERT minimate in our next Marvel wave or box set. Yes, Stephen Colbert is in Marvel comics! I'll risk a jinx for Colbert.

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.35...t_for_President